Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

Though this is a different debate altogether but just because. smiley36 I really don't think it is about who the market leaders in this segment as a whole are, but what section of customers is 82°E targetting at. The whole skin care segment can be seperated into multiple sections with all of them having a good enough customer base wherein established brands can comfortably sustain. 

A lot of people in India still pick up brands such as Nivea, Biotique, Neutrogena etc as their staple products and they are easily found in many Indian households. Moving on to a little bit on the expensive side, many Korean brands and ones like Body shop are still seen as the high-end ones, though are kind of mid-range. But the thing is this brand ain't even targeting this segment who is actually a bit gullible and star-struck and trying hard to get into the groove of skin-care routines. 

The ones she is targeting at are the customers of really high end brands whose demand is not quite elastic as they would like to stick to their usual brands. Even if these products are tried once or twice, chances of them going back to the already well established ones are really high and it is extremely difficult to break into this market, if this brand manages to do that, then kudos as it would require some serious marketing chops and true quality to sustain but as far as I can gauge, the brand value of such products takes years to build. 

This!! very much this! u summed up my thoughts very well..😆

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Simply put , garbage 

AageBadho thumbnail

Yeah there is hardly any hype about DP's line. Who will rush to buy it?  Also I wouldn't buy any celeb skincare line when their face is due to Derms, laser, whitening injections etc. 

Every time I am in India I try new skincare line. Forest Essentials are the most over-rated, over priced, over perfumed piece of shit skincare which literally does nothing for your skin mostly IMO. I thought the packaging was cute so I bought a bunch of stuff one time. The next time I tried Earth Rhythm which was fraction of the cost and simply effective. What it said, it did so. But again it was on sale for Rs300 n all now the cost is double.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Gul_9

Itna paisa hi kharchna hai toh I'll just buy the other good international brands. 

Why would anyone spend that much for an absolutely new brand? 

Eye Roll Robert Downey Jr GIF - Eye Roll Robert Downey Jr Tony Stark GIFs

Exactly my thoughts. 

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Mi Stupido Deepika - Kay beauty's market launch campaigns were fabulous - Loved that music video they had released..DP is just honestly so not "original" in anything..she launched her fashion label after Anushka launched Nush - god knows if that is even working anymore..

This skin care brand is also an attempt to enter the skincare and beauty space, just because Kat did it and how!

Also her own skin is looking haggard these days, why would I buy her products?

Agree with everything except... she is not looking as haggard as KK 

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Agree with everything except... she is not looking as haggard as KK 

which KK? 🤓

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I think she means katrina

Originally posted by: priya185

I think she means katrina

oh I assumed it was the other KK

Edited by ruby_red - 1 years ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

As a goNatural proponent;  nips, tucks, snippets and artificial chemicals are not good for people to use or do. 👍🏼

I wonder if she and her team made a mistake by not approaching Nykaa to market the product?