Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Ya I hate them, for my skin, they’re very sensitising! 

which products do you dislike?

my skin is sensitive so I won't buy PC or DP's products

or even kat's as I cannot find the full ingredients

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ummm ok but Biotique etc are absolutely terrible brands!!! It’s great it suits you but as a skincare line, they’re all ridiculously terrible. I know too many folks who’ve had all sorts of skin issues using Biotique & Shahnaz Hussein. The newer Indian skincare lines are good, with far more ingredient transparency than before, but Indian skincare has a 100000 Miles to go before it catches up to the west!! (Suhi & Sego, Truekind, D’You etc come to mind) 

I completely disagree about the Indian PP. Indians today, are a well-travelled & very conscious lot. They look for western standards in absolutely everything. Have you seen how many Indians travel abroad (barring peak Covid years ofc) ?? How many of them shop couture/luxury labels?? There’s a reason why international luxury labels are flocking to China & india- B/c WE BUY. 

quality i agree, indian brands have a long way to, even korean brands are  good, and this holds for even expensive indian brands. i never said indian brands are high quality.

this is also because we do not have proper food safety and drug regulation, there is data which shows that same indian food brands enforce higher quality standards when they export vs indian market

but no, pp  may be relatively better compared to pre liberalisation and they may have more exposure and travel more relatively 

but no, spending power is very low, the average spend on an order on food apps is less than 500 inr and 20% spend less then 200 inr

to be classified as middle class income is 1lakh to 5 lakh annually in india, with this income how will spending power be high and can they afford couture brands

leave alone biotique, they will go for himalayas

there is no comparison to china, look at the number of luxury brands having stand alone botiques in india and compare them to hk and china, they are barely there, income level is higher in china

brands have entered and exited too in india  because of this very fact, automobile market is one of the indiactors of purchasing power, look at cars, ford exited and so many others couldnt sustain in india

the only ones which have sustained are honda, hynudai and toyota and the number of models they have are so few compared to other countries and very price conscious, limited features

also most indian cars do not have the advanced safety features because indians are not ready to shell out for higher safety (mileage yes), 

the very reason quality is low is because spending power is low

hence brands cut on quality to price low, this is basic business

people we see in malls abroad cannot be basis for deducting that spending power is high

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: priya185

which products do you dislike?

my skin is sensitive so I won't buy PC or DP's products

or even kat's as I cannot find the full ingredients

I meant the ingredients used in DP’s products esp the Coconut oil derivatives. They’re phenomenally popular in skincare (which is why I can’t use massive number of products) but my skin hates it + my skin is extremelyy sensitive so am obsessive about reading ingredient lists. I won’t be trying her products so let me know if you do & how they are. 

It’s a massive issue!!! Most Indian skincare lines don’t advertise their full ingredient lists so you don’t know what you’re putting onto your skin. From the best (FE, KA) to the worst of these lines, don’t do this. They’ve been called out too many times. The new Indian skincare lines are being mindful about this. Check out Suhi & Sego, True kind (very reasonable) , and some Indian skincare lines developed in S. Korea like D’You & Put Simply (more expensive) but with skin-soothing & good products. 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 1 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I meant the ingredients used in DP’s products esp the Coconut oil derivatives. They’re phenomenally popular in skincare (which is why I can’t use massive number of products) but my skin hates it + my skin is extremelyy sensitive so am obsessive about reading ingredient lists. I won’t be trying her products so let me know if you do & how they are. 

I won't be buying these products

my skin is sensitive too 

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It’s a massive issue!!! Most Indian skincare lines don’t advertise their full ingredient lists so you don’t know what you’re putting onto your skin. From the best (FE, KA) to the worst of these lines, don’t do this. They’ve been called out too many times. The new Indian skincare lines are being mindful about this. Check out Suhi & Sego, True kind (very reasonable) , and some Indian skincare lines developed in S. Korea like D’You & Put Simply (more expensive) but with skin-soothing & good products. 

Mallika, what do you think about dot and key products?

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

You should give The Ordinary products a go too if you haven’t already. They keep it simple, list all ingredients, are reasonable and honestly, they do the job!

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sev.puri

You should give The Ordinary products a go too if you haven’t already. They keep it simple, list all ingredients, are reasonable and honestly, they do the job!

I like some of their products, their star product though is their Copper Peptide serum which I use currently b/c I stopped using retinol ever since I started on BR’s Lotion P50.  I use a mix of IS Clinical, The Formula RX & Biologique Recherche with a night serum by an Indian skincare line called Suhi & Sego. For me the price etc doesn’t really matter, am only obsessive about ingredient lists + quality b/c I live in india & 99.9% Indian skincare lines are just pure shit. 😭😭😭

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: sev.puri

I love ordinary serums. I live in USA and have tried so many different products but with the price point of ordinary products, it is a sure shot winner for me. It does the job very well :)

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Though this is a different debate altogether but just because. smiley36 I really don't think it is about who the market leaders in this segment as a whole are, but what section of customers is 82°E targetting at. The whole skin care segment can be seperated into multiple sections with all of them having a good enough customer base wherein established brands can comfortably sustain. 

A lot of people in India still pick up brands such as Nivea, Biotique, Neutrogena etc as their staple products and they are easily found in many Indian households. Moving on to a little bit on the expensive side, many Korean brands and ones like Body shop are still seen as the high-end ones, though are kind of mid-range. But the thing is this brand ain't even targeting this segment who is actually a bit gullible and star-struck and trying hard to get into the groove of skin-care routines. 

The ones she is targeting at are the customers of really high end brands whose demand is not quite elastic as they would like to stick to their usual brands. Even if these products are tried once or twice, chances of them going back to the already well established ones are really high and it is extremely difficult to break into this market, if this brand manages to do that, then kudos as it would require some serious marketing chops and true quality to sustain but as far as I can gauge, the brand value of such products takes years to build. 

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

On topic - as much as I love DP and was excited about her skincare brand launch, this was one of the most lackluster celeb brand launch in years :( I am so surprised how shit her marketing campaign was/is. her PR never fails to connect her name to every new movie that's announced but they massively failed to build up any hype or excitement for her own skincare launch. super super frustrated as a fan. Also, with the price point of these products I am not sure who is the target audience here 😔