Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

no no you guys I specifically wanted to ask about her dance in mohe rang do laal,did you like her kathak dance?It is my fault,I used an incorrect title to my post.

I know her performance wasn't liked by many in the movie

Edited by blahhhh - 1 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

She was extremely graceful (like she always is) but her fight scenes & her sword-play had such grace to them! I remember just staring at her on the big screen when she was meditatively practising with her sword in the movie, early morning, devoid of any jewellery except a lovely nose ring & wearing a white salwar. 

DeepVeer had chemistry, yes, but not the kind of chemistry PC-RS had! They’ve some of the best chemistry in recent times & soooo versatile! Tbh, Mastani was an annoying character. I know it’s a period movie etc but just the fact that she lands up in Poona with a damn kataar b/c in Bundelkhand that’s how you get married… Like woman this is a whole different state you’ve entered now & the man is already married! 😆 I was rooting for Kashi by the end of the movie even though I knew the story. 

So yea. DP played Mastani very well & was the perfect choice. 😳

atominis thumbnail

Nothing special to be honest. A decent attempt. The bloodshot eyes made it look worse and weird

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

if dance standard is alia, anushka, the current lot then it was decent 

if by kathak in movies you are talking about madhuri choreographed by biju maharaj in devdas, gopikrishna and sandhya in jhanak jhanak payal baje or gopikrishna choreographing rekha in umrao jaan 

why even all those, watch rekha and shashikala do a small kathak bit in the movie khoobsurat  then no deepika's  was no where in the vicinity 

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vcs17

if dance standard is alia, anushka, the current lot then it was decent 

if by kathak in movies you are talking about madhuri choreographed by biju maharaj in devdas, gopikrishna and sandhya in jhanak jhanak payal baje or gopikrishna choreographing rekha in umrao jaan 

why even all those, watch rekha and shashikala do a small kathak bit in the movie khoobsurat  then no deepika's  was no where in the vicinity 

no I didn't mean to compare her to the likes of madhuri,aishwarya and all these actresses you mentioned who I assume must have been trained dancers.

At the most DP must have practised for couple of months for this song and considering that I found her impressive.

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

See if you see her performing in a single lense (I mean when you just notice only her) she's amazing but the time priyanka enters you just know who's the best👍💯

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

She looked beautiful but no. Her role was not one to get sympathy as she was wooing a married man.

Also her performance was weak. Clearly overshadowed by Priyanka and Ranveer.

Deepika is weakest link of that film.

Granted she's the weakest actor of the 3. I'd say she did a good job, just others did better. 

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Not for me. She was acting like a corpse. She did better in Padmavaat but she didn't have much scope in it contrary to BM.

I'm not a fan of her acting (liked her in Tamasha, HNY and Karthik Calling Karthik), so I might be biaised.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Neither acting nor dancing..watch pinga and see the difference..deepika was so jumpy and lacked grace..PC killed it there too..such an underrated dancer..acting we all know and since the TM specified its not about acting..ill leave it to the obvious we already know

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Neither acting nor dancing..watch pinga and see the difference..deepika was so jumpy and lacked grace..PC killed it there too..such an underrated dancer..acting we all know and since the TM specified its not about acting..ill leave it to the obvious we already know

Omg yesss!! PC is a VERY Under-rated dancer!!! The lacchak & grace she has in her body is so evident but idk why she hasn’t gotten her due for her dancing.

Oh PC was a 10000 miles ahead of DP in BM! But like you said, just seeing DP alone, she did a very good job as Mastani, IMO.