Gud Se Mitha Ishq

Situation, Fate, Ignorance Or Selfishness? What To Blame Here?

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Another three eventful episodes and here I am with my usual rantings. ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜›

I hardly enjoy the use of different movie songs in daily soaps because 90% of the time neither do the lyrics match nor does one get to enjoy the essence of the songs due to Bhari-Bharkam dialogues inserted between them.    Yet I couldn't help but enjoy yesterday's episode. ðŸ˜ģ ðŸ˜ģ ðŸ˜ģ I don't know whether it was the sequence or the fact that "Humesha Tumko Chaha" is one of my favorite songs or the perfect synchronization of acting, direction, and editing that this very simple, average scene turned out to be so good. ðŸĨš ðŸĨš ðŸĨš

It hurt seeing both Kajal and Neel in such a state. ðŸĨš But what stayed with me was the understanding they have. As usual, our Mahaan FL tried to stay strong however the moment Neel left the room, devastation set in and I might be a sadist that even in such a tense situation, it kind of felt funny. ðŸĪŠ ðŸĪŠ ðŸĪŠ 

Perhaps it's my wishful thinking or a conscious decision on the makers' part that they mostly show Kajal's emotion this way - determined to stay strong but too vulnerable without the person she loves. However, the apparent dash of comedy faded as soon as Neel returned. Despite knowing this is a fictional character, every time I find myself admiring this guy because never ever does he let his ego or anything for that matter come between him and Kajal. He most certainly wasn't kidding when he said he understood her. He knew she needed him and he stood by her. ðŸĪ— ðŸĪ— ðŸĪ—

Two things I particularly like about Neel are that he always does what he believes to be right and even when he disagrees, he never loses his calm and remains respectful to others. Seeing the same guy literally begging for Kajal's sake almost choked me. ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­ Nothing is more hurtful than compromising on your core beliefs and when you get ready to do that for someone you love and still fail to protect your loved ones - I don't think there can be anything more painful than that. ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­

While I can go on and on about these two, there's someone else who I think deserves more appreciation than any of the characters and that is Pavitra. ðŸĪ—

Yes, at times she can get on your nerves but every single thing she said yesterday, every question she asked was on point. What more can a girl do to prove her commitment? She was aware under what circumstances Neel and Kajal got married, nonetheless, she supported him. Her falling prey to Bhoomi's words or alleging Kaju might be infuriating but let's be honest, she did find them in a compromising situation. And of course, unlike the audience, she had no idea what happened before that. So how is she wrong here? Her smirk was disturbing when Kaju was thrown out but I get her. Even today, a part of me wanted to smack her hard but another part felt heartbroken seeing her state. Is it okay to force someone to marry you? No! Is it okay to blame someone for no fault of her own? Definitely No! Did I want to slap her for playing reverse psychology on Kajal? Hell Yeah! But even with all that I felt sorry for her. ðŸ˜’ ðŸ˜’ ðŸ˜’

I don't think she and Kajal are much different. Just as Kajal understands the impossible situation she's in yet can't completely let Neel go, in the same way, Pavitra does realize that she might have already lost Neel and doesn't want to live with this suffocation but the pain and its resulting rage is making her do the exact opposite as she used Kajal's biggest weakness against her tonight. ðŸĪ” ðŸĪ” ðŸĪ”

Now, coming to the center of this chaotic universe - Neel!    I know the purpose of the conversation between Dev and Neel was to give an insight into Neel's mind and establish Pavitra as a controlling girlfriend but to me, Neel looked like a person suffering from a midlife crisis. He has started to realize a lot of his calculations went wrong and just like a typical middle-aged man, he's conveniently putting the entire blame on Pavitra, claiming her to be the possessive one.

Going by the promo, Kajal will suffer from another Mahanta Ka Attack and will ask him to return to Pavitra because family is important.   However, if there is even 0.00000001% of chance of her decision to be influenced by Neel's words where she might think, the burden of responsibility has overwhelmed him and he's genuinely in love with Pavitra, I won't blame her for that. In fact, that's exactly how I felt after today's episode. Certain things didn't go as per his expectation and while Kajal is a genuinely sweet person, she also possesses the exact qualities that Neel feels Pavitra once used to have, it felt as if he was looking for an easy solution rather than working on his and Pavitra's relationship. It's his luck that Kajal loves him so much but in reality, he kept reminding me of those ungrateful men who wake up one fine morning and decide they are no longer interested in their respective partners anymore because someone better is out there. ðŸ˜Ą ðŸ˜Ą ðŸ˜Ą 

This brings me back to my original question - is Neel solely responsible for this blunder or is there something else working as the catalyst?

It was fate that out of all people Neel saved Kajal from imminent death and unknowingly entered the world of Kajal and Phool Singh. But what's next? I would say he's to be blamed here for Kajal's confusion because he kept repeating how special she was and how he would do anything to protect her and let's be honest, such gestures do ignite the spark between two people. Kajal was touched but the logical person in her was well aware that they were not meant to be. If that MMS hadn't gotten viral, eventually she would have moved on and Neel too would have settled with Pavithra.

However, if we look more closely, it was their situation that led to their proximity. He turned to his family for help and those bunch of idiots only made the matter worse. I still remember how Neel got annoyed when Kajal called him as he wanted to spend time with Pavitra and then when he heard Phool Singh's voice, he rushed to save Kajal, thanks to his so-called renowned lawyer father. ðŸĪŽ ðŸĪŽ ðŸĪŽ And even after that, all those times when he came to care for her, it was either because of his mother or Bhoomi mistreating Kajal that he had to intervene. 

As for Pavitra, a certain amount of accountability falls on her shoulder as well because apart from the initial support, she was continuously blaming him even before he started feeling anything for Kajal. Somewhere along the line, that constant negativity also pushed him towards Kajal. 

Even when you are in a committed relationship, there can be temptations and it's completely natural if you develop a crush on someone or feel aroused. But... it's our love and commitment towards our partners that we brush off that feeling, laughing. Under the regular circumstances, perhaps Neel would never look at another girl. He and Pavitra might have had a wonderful life together. But unfortunately, one unexpected event shook the very ground of their courtship. Neel failed to understand Pavitra's insecurity and when she pointed it out, even then he failed miserably to assuage her fear. Whereas Pavitra in her insecurity missed the obviousness of the situation and instead of giving him the required time, badmouthed his friend which obviously didn't go in her favor. If only she showed 1% of the understanding that Kaju has provided Neel with, maybe they would come out stronger than ever.

And lastly the sheer ignorance on Neel's part.    I genuinely applaud both the girls for being absolutely transparent about their feelings, specially Kajal. 👏 ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ Considering her Ultra Mahaan personality, it felt like a bolt from the blue when she professed her feelings before Neel. Yet this guy is clueless about the changing dynamics.   

After those few minutes in the store room, how is he still going on and on about Pavitra's shortcomings when she should have been the first one to share his doubts with? Shouldn't they have tried to sort out their issues before jumping to marriage? Is this really ignorance or pure selfishness where he wishes to hold on to everyone but refuses to acknowledge the importance of setting boundaries just because that's inconvenient for him? 

So far the makers have progressed amazingly. I just wish they do justice to Neel's character and make him take accountability for his share of mistakes that led to this catastrophe in the first place. ðŸĪ” ðŸĪ” ðŸĪ” 

yuyuytu