Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Email notifications facilitate us  to check who tagged us, who quoted our post and who commented on our post/ thread etc. It's in a way, a doorbell to inform us something is waiting there for us! πŸ˜ƒ 

Just now I checked my Gmail account as you directed Vijay, Since 5 years it is sending me messages regarding IF activities regarding my posts/ threads. I am deleting the read messages sporadically so that it will be easy to find imp messages in my mail box. 

Pooja1973 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi ...I made my account with an email which I'm unable to access ....when I try updating my new email it shows already  registered....last time also.i.faced this issue....I got my account restored after a long time ....can.you help ?Maybe it is because I made a new account to restore my old one ....it was with my new email....but I have received no email on that also....i want to.use this account ....what to do ??

Regards

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooja1973

Hi ...I made my account with an email which I'm unable to access ....when I try updating my new email it shows already  registered....last time also.i.faced this issue....I got my account restored after a long time ....can.you help ?Maybe it is because I made a new account to restore my old one ....it was with my new email....but I have received no email on that also....i want to.use this account ....what to do ??

Regards

Good part is that you can login and it shows you the page that you can update your email.

When it says that the email you trying to update is already registered it means that there is another account of yours  which already have that email.

in that case try this:

Simple way would have been:

Step 1: Change the email address of your new account which has your active email to a random dummy one. This will free up the email for you to use with your old account activation.

Step 2: In another browser or incognito mode try logging in to your old account which you want to revive. It will again ask you for email address. Give your active email address and verify the same. This should help you activate your account back.

Hope this helps.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

My Email Address Is Up To Date 😊

vijay thumbnail

Before requesting email verification email / forgot password make sure the email account is active.

When the mail server tries to send email first time and if it gets the following message:

554 30 Sorry, your message to xyz[at]yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30).

Mail server stops sending any further email unless it’s manually removed from the Suppression List by us.

Also ensure the email from [at]indiaforums,com is whitelisted so that our emails do not land in your Spam folder.

All emails have unsubscribe link which you can use to control the emails preferences settings which our application adheres to.

Pooja1973 thumbnail

Thanks ....will let you know as soon as it is done 

vijay thumbnail

Requesting users not to mark emails from India Forums as Spam as you can simply review your Email Settings instead. All the emails have an Unsubscribe link through which you can control the email notifications easily.

When the user marks an email as spam future emails bounces back to the email server which in turn triggers deactivation of email accounts. So the next login requests user to reactivate their email.

Pooja1973 thumbnail

Updated my email.....thanks a ton 

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooja1973

Updated my email.....thanks a ton 

Thank you for updating the same. We also recommend that you please review your Preferences > Email Notifications to allow only the emails you want to receive from India Forums.

We request other members to also review their email account.

This is to make the site and user accounts safer. In the event the user forgets the password, they can easily retrieve the same.

Cheers,

vijay thumbnail

For users whose mails bounce back due to the following message:

Our system has detected that this message is

550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,

550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked.

In most cases we feel its because the user has marked some previous email as spam instead of simply using the unsubscribe url given in the footer of the mail. 

To overcome this system will auto disable all notification emails to those email accounts as a safety measure to keep our IP reputation safe.

If you are not getting and want to recieve our notification emails please check and update your Email Notification settings and also whitelist mails coming from notification[at]indiaforums.com.

Regards,

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago