Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

I will buy if she does the right kind of movie.

All those innocent people who like this post, understand he meant something NSFW.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Dasvi trended on Netflix a lot more than Gunjan Saxena. Yami still got outstanding reviews for her performance in Dasvi if people claim it wasn't her movie lol. So she is saving Netflix in a way! 

No one said Dasvi or A Thursday isn't her movie, you named movies like Bala, Kaabil, Uri and so on, as if she was the USP of those movies, when she wasn't. I like Yami, don't make me criticize her systematically one by one making her in the end seem like another lazy and wasted talent, who is now getting her dues, just because she has now married into Bollywood.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

We will have to keep on agreeing to disagree. Lead doesn’t mean you didn’t leave an impact in the film. Katrina was never a lead in any of her hit films. I don’t meant to act like radical fan. I will be the first to admit she isn’t an Alia Bhatt, they debuted during the same year. In terms of Kriti and her I feel they have both done well for themselves as outsiders. Yami is far easier on the eyes though lol!

she won best actor for a comic role at the star screen awards for Bala ! 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/opinion-entertainment/a-different-yami-gautam-in-bala-tik-tok-ayushmann-khurrana-6114585/

Ananya won best debut actress award, doesn't mean anything. If you seriously believe Yami is popular even to the level of Kriti, than I am sorry you are mistaken. Do people recognise her ? Yes because her ads always featured in ads, but that ad is popular not her. I mean these articles means nothing in real world. Yami Gautam failed to establish herself in her younger days. That is the fact. Now ofcourse their were factors like she is a rich kid, so she didn't went the compromise route, nor she is a social climber. But we cannot also ignore that she was also lazy during those years. She didn't worked hard enough ala a Tapsee, she isn't a charismatic actor like Kangana, she didn't won over the audience ala Vidya and so on. So their is some fault with her too. Now I hope she rebuilds herself but let's not act like she was discarded because she was any kind of threat. She was just there in most of those movies, and was not the crowd puller nor had performance which made public crazy. And I am talking about public not media houses controlled by PR.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IWILLDIESINGLE

Ananya won best debut actress award, doesn't mean anything. If you seriously believe Yami is popular even to the level of Kriti, than I am sorry you are mistaken. Do people recognise her ? Yes because her ads always featured in ads, but that ad is popular not her. I mean these articles means nothing in real world. Yami Gautam failed to establish herself in her younger days. That is the fact. Now ofcourse their were factors like she is a rich kid, so she didn't went the compromise route, nor she is a social climber. But we cannot also ignore that she was also lazy during those years. She didn't worked hard enough ala a Tapsee, she isn't a charismatic actor like Kangana, she didn't won over the audience ala Vidya and so on. So their is some fault with her too. Now I hope she rebuilds herself but let's not act like she was discarded because she was any kind of threat. She was just there in most of those movies, and was not the crowd puller nor had performance which made public crazy. And I am talking about public not media houses controlled by PR.

I checked Kriti also has three hits Heropanti, Housefull 4, Luka Chuppi. Bareily ki Barfi where she got the most critical acclaim was average. Where as Yami has five. Badlapur, Vicky Donor, Kaabil, URI and Bala. Yami might not have been the lead in Bala but she got raving reviews and lot of critical acclaim. That is far different from a best debut. Usually a person with the biggest blockbuster gets it. There are only a few that debut each year that make it movies that even go on to be heard of. Ananya had the most buzz. Normally it has little effect on your career. Amisha Patel won the best debut over Kareena during their debut year. Sooraj Pancholi won it ever heard of him. 

Best support actor or best actor in comic role matter because there are multiple people cast in supporting roles every year. And only those with substantial critical acclaim get it. Dil toh pagal ha is considered the film that changed Karishma's career. She won in the supporting category. Aitraaz changed things for Priyanka she won in the supporting category. Does Kareena's supporting role that got her so much critical acclaim in Talaash not matter? 

Failed to establish herself during her younger years? I think we have gotten use to instant success like Alia. Just so you know Vidya won most of her awards early thirties and maybe late twenties some. But most of her main success started around 30. Now i am not saying she is a Kangana, Vidya or Tapsee. But I still think she is young at 33. I don't think we should put a time limit on up until what age a woman should be given to achieve something. I DO feel she is doing as well as Kriti. You said I made you criticize. Like I said I am not trying to shove my belief down your throat she is the most successful actress out there. I just didn't understand the Kriti comparison. Like I said that is fine if  we can't come to some type of consensus there. We don't need to. But as a whole in a lot of Kriti's hit films she wasn't center stage either if that is what you mean. And none of her movies did better business than some of Yami's biggest hits. They both earned lots of critical acclaim in average or flop films. Or like you said Yami has earned a lot of critical acclaim on OTT. But the Kriti and Yami difference I fail to see. It is fine if you don't agree. Maybe you also fail to see my perspective. 🤔

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Yeah but he wasn't invited on Dance India Dance or Koffee With Karan - so she will not classify for the Nepotizzé group - only Small Nepotizen max

51 Aloo gifs ideas | alia bhatt cute, alia bhatt, alia

I get it now Kriti got invited to Koffee with Karan and Yami didnt. That makes her more successful than Yami. Now it makes perfect sense to me. Finally the light bulb moment. 👍🏼

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

I checked Kriti also has three hits Heropanti, Housefull 4, Luka Chuppi. Bareily ki Barfi where she got the most critical acclaim was average. Where as Yami has five. Badlapur, Vicky Donor, Kaabil, URI and Bala. Yami might not have been the lead in Bala but she got raving reviews and lot of critical acclaim. That is far different from a best debut. Usually a person with the biggest blockbuster gets it. There are only a few that debut each year that make it movies that even go on to be heard of. Ananya had the most buzz. Normally it has little effect on your career. Amisha Patel won the best debut over Kareena during their debut year. Sooraj Pancholi won it ever heard of him. 

Best support actor or best actor in comic role matter because there are multiple people cast in supporting roles every year. And only those with substantial critical acclaim get it. Dil toh pagal ha is considered the film that changed Karishma's career. She won in the supporting category. Aitraaz changed things for Priyanka she won in the supporting category. Does Kareena's supporting role that got her so much critical acclaim in Talaash not matter? 

Failed to establish herself during her younger years? I think we have gotten use to instant success like Alia. Just so you know Vidya won most of her awards early thirties and maybe late twenties some. But most of her main success started around 30. Now i am not saying she is a Kangana, Vidya or Tapsee. But I still think she is young at 33. I don't think we should put a time limit on up until what age a woman should be given to achieve something. I DO feel she is doing as well as Kriti. You said I made you criticize. Like I said I am not trying to shove my belief down your throat she is the most successful actress out there. I just didn't understand the Kriti comparison. Like I said that is fine if  we can't come to some type of consensus there. We don't need to. But as a whole in a lot of Kriti's hit films she wasn't center stage either if that is what you mean. And none of her movies did better business than some of Yami's biggest hits. They both earned lots of critical acclaim in average or flop films. Or like you said Yami has earned a lot of critical acclaim on OTT. But the Kriti and Yami difference I fail to see. It is fine if you don't agree. Maybe you also fail to see my perspective. 🤔

It isn't about Kriti having more hits or anything. What was meant to say is Kriti is herself irrelevant, Yami is even more irrelevant. On a larger scale nobody cares about either. 

And it isn't about Alia, most of the big actresses became popular by the time they reached 25. Anyways back the original point, Yami Gautam's career didn't take off because she herself was complacent, and it is understandable she didn't had the competitive streak, and was just happy doing what she gets.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

It isn't about Kriti having more hits or anything. What was meant to say is Kriti is herself irrelevant, Yami is even more irrelevant. On a larger scale nobody cares about either. 

And it isn't about Alia, most of the big actresses became popular by the time they reached 25. Anyways back the original point, Yami Gautam's career didn't take off because she herself was complacent, and it is understandable she didn't had the competitive streak, and was just happy doing what she gets.

I think if we stop putting a time limit on it. Yami herself describes this phase as the peak of her career. She claims more directors and filmmakers are coming to her with offers than ever before. She is doing more work than ever before. And this has been what she had been working for all these years. But maybe that is just her being complacent as you would say ?? 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail

I think if we stop putting a time limit on it. Yami herself describes this phase as the peak of her career. She claims more directors and filmmakers are coming to her with offers than ever before. She is doing more work than ever before. And this has been what she had been working for all these years. But maybe that is just her being complacent as you would say ?? 

Film industry doesn't go to anyone unless they are privileged. She is getting offers now, because she is married into Bollywood. Even before her their where actresses who were outsiders and who worked their way up to the top or atleast a respectable position. It is simple case of her not socializing enough. See the whole point is you cannot blame star kids for her not doing well in her over a decade in this industry. Plus Yami herself knows that she failed to establish a CV during the first phase of her career. If Akshay Kumar or Shahrukh or Madhuri or Deepika or Priyanka (who was actually a genuine victim of inside politics) or even Kangana sat at thier homes, thinking oh I did good work in my last movie, I would have directors and producers lined up take care of me. They won't have had build a successful career. I won't say same about Katrina, because she was like a privileged star kid due to Salman Khan and herself being super popular among the male audience. Yami's career not taking off has more to do with herself than with anyone else.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Film industry doesn't go to anyone unless they are privileged. She is getting offers now, because she is married into Bollywood. Even before her their where actresses who were outsiders and who worked their way up to the top or atleast a respectable position. It is simple case of her not socializing enough. See the whole point is you cannot blame star kids for her not doing well in her over a decade in this industry. Plus Yami herself knows that she failed to establish a CV during the first phase of her career. If Akshay Kumar or Shahrukh or Madhuri or Deepika or Priyanka (who was actually a genuine victim of inside politics) or even Kangana sat at thier homes, thinking oh I did good work in my last movie, I would have directors and producers lined up take care of me. They won't have had build a successful career. I won't say same about Katrina, because she was like a privileged star kid due to Salman Khan and herself being super popular among the male audience. Yami's career not taking off has more to do with herself than with anyone else.

So you are saying because she didn't earn success until later on. Or struggled during the first half of her career her success is not genuine. How does she being married to one director get her work from all sorts of other directors? She is not Alia where if filmmakers go to her they know they will also get top-notch production like Dharma?? How do you know she was sitting at home? Did we see her? How do we know she didn't make the most of the offers that were coming her way? She said she experienced a phase where she was getting so few offers she was ready to quit acting? But she held in and kept doing auditions. She kept looking for roles in the film where she could at least leave an impact if she wasn't the lead. PC didn't come during Alia's time. Dharma was not producing a majority of Kareena's films. So they are two different comparisons. 

Considering some nepotism products manage to be considered successful either off of commercial success alone (Tiger). Others off of critical acclaim alone. Yami achieved both. The ratio of movies she has done a fair amount were hits or average. A fair amount she received critical claims for. 

There is no way to tell whether her not shooting up to stardom was due to a lack of opportunity or laziness. So why are we even speculating about that? On one hand, you say the film industry only goes to those who are privileged? In the same argument, you blame Yami's laziness for her lack of success when she wasn't privileged? Sorry but I really am confused. 

By the same token look at how privileged Jahnvi is. She also has Dharma backing her up. She early on in her career managed to get little to any commercial or critical success. She actually made me appreciate Alia a lot more. She proved you can have Dharma lobbying to get you the best roles and scripts but still not make it if you really really really lack in talent. Now that looks like a quality to look down on to me that you are trying to paint on Yami? The way you painted was a little contradictory no offense. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Normally they say success earned after a good struggle is the most well-earned success. You clearly worked for it. And she got it after some critical claims, some commercial success, and some awards recently. It is fair to say she earned it. I really don't get what you are saying?