Is it only me? ....or

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 1 years ago

As much I appreciate the fast paced storyline of sab satrangi, i do feel that editing is choppy. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels that creatives move to next scene quickly without allowing the audience to absorb the previous scene. The shifting from one scene to other is not smooth.

In yesterday's episode when ridhi and siddhi got a shock due to gun shot, after a few minutes of tension, the atmosphere was suddenly light hearted. It would have great that they would left situation in that same state only instead of making it light all of a sudden, as it would keep the essence of scene intact. 

I think that in order to balance every aspect such as manu-gargi's love story, family equations, and daady's involvement, in half an hour, makers at times do rush the storyline.

I agree about bad editing in the show 

Perhaps you are right, although the scene with kids and quick change of atmosphere didn't bother me.

I was more focused on a fact that children usually do that - find hidden, dangerous things and make hell of a suprise for parents🤪 So, I just thought - well done, another realistic situation.

Yes, they quickly overcame shock - but it's easy to divert children's attention and make them lough after crying. As for adults - they clearly conveyed how inappropriate was to offer pistols to family people who were not used to such a way of protection. 

But, the whole scene could've lasted longer, it probably would be more impactful.

I just want to add another thing regarding apperiance of pistols.

It is the fact that almost every character reacted differently to pistols. 

1. Emergency - for him, pistol is part of his equipment, just protection tool.

2. His goons - they are in love with pistols, they feel lifeless without weapons.

3. Deepu - with pistol in hands "his dream came true" - he saw himself as an action hero 🌟. Actually, pistol is just a toy for him, although he could be ready to use it.

4. Pinky - just a toy (I'm not sure whether she saw herself as s Bond's girl, or female J. Bond herself.) 

5. Dewakar - pistol is a threat. The children could find it, Kannu can see it (which looked even worse to him). He was afraid himself, and actually more realistic then Deepu.

6. Kids - pistol is a toy that made them feeling proud so they wanted to show off their magic power.

(Btw - scene with Deepu and Pinky was super entertaining to me.)

That's why I appreciate this show - story has  many layers. There're many issues that we can relate or not, but at least we can think about them.

Perhaps that's why it looks sometimes that they do not balance successfully all the aspects of the story.

Great analysis about every character regarding the gun👍🏼

However, its not about what they show, but how they show it. That gun shot scene is only I could think of. But overall, there are many occasions where the editing is not upto the mark. Its like they want to conclude the scene anyhow with great dialogue. In such a way, it is harder to grasp the emotions as well as the message. Same problem I had with Gargi's characterization. I couldn't understand when she started falling for Manu. Yes! she always deep down trusted him but falling for someone is altogether a different ball game. Its like because eventually she will like/love Manu, lets start this journey of love quickly.

Its one thing to be fast paced and another to rush the storyline. Unfortunately, at times they succumb to the later one. 

Whether its trying to balance everything in half an hour episode, or the pressure to fetch high trp, the editing is not upto to the mark. 

Edited by rbpll - 1 years ago