Frequent Posters

Red_eyes94 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: vijay

Badges for Visit Streak

My most favorite 🤩

vijay thumbnail

Notifications popup should have a way to differentiate between Read/Unread  ones. Keep it bold if it's unread.

And from the Notification page one can set multiple notifications as Read / Unread.

FURTHER IMPROVEMENT:

The Filter option should just show the ones which relates to that particular User along with the Count and not the whole List.

Smart Pagination should be added so that one can easily move to different pages.

Page should state clearly that we only keep last 90 days notification. 

UPDATE:

This feature is now LIVE.

Edited by vijay - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Realtime Messenger system so that we can easily chat with out buddies in realtime. If the member is offline the recipient will be notified when they visit the site again.

This does require a bit of work so may take time to develop the same. But would be great.

This is the same as Pm system so I dont see the point.

Instead you shuld introduce a group PMing systtem, for groups of 3 or more members to have an easy discussion back and forth without PMing each person individually or forwarding the prevous messages.

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Originally posted by: evilxbalaa

This is the same as Pm system so I dont see the point.

Instead you shuld introduce a group PMing systtem, for groups of 3 or more members to have an easy discussion back and forth without PMing each person individually or forwarding the prevous messages.

Real time means like WhatsApp or the DM feature of twitter/Insta/FB . Am I right Vijay? The current PM feature is more like email, you won't see it until you open it. In real time you will see it in your chat window the moment you open it. 

This could translate into the group chat option we have in other social media sites. 

Edited by BeingBlunt - 2 years ago
BeingBlunt thumbnail

This suggestion I have been wanting since I have been active in 2012. 😆 Please let us know which of our posts got deleted /got us warned /got banned. Also we should be able to see the posts and not get a 403 error. And if possible the moderator should inform us the reason for violation. At this moment its very ambiguous and it causes huge problems from time to time. Especially in Bigg Boss forum where instead of discussing episode people discussed how many posts of thier got deleted and why it got deleted. Then it starts a round of assumptions and mudslinging at each other. And at times people celebrated it as badge of honour. 🤣 Like an accused celebrating how many laws he broke. In the Last month of the latest season the Episode discussion thread became the Vault Discussion Thread. 🤪

I beleive giving reason and letting us know about the post that violated the rules would definitely reduce it. 

Being a technical guy I know it could be time taking and a challenging to code this part but it will immensely improve the transparency of the forum. Also will reduce the celebration of getting accused of rule voilation. 🤪

Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think it would be great to show the forums that a user is active/following on front in form of quick links. Most of the users follow/regularly visit only a few forums at a time. As far as I know, the way to reach a particular forum from home page is to either select from drop down or type the url directly in the browser. 

Shri_12 thumbnail

In the current system we have Post Quick Jump but it just shows 2 tab.

Topic Creators and My Posts in the current Topic. Instead of this we want to make it like Who Posted in This Topic.

Basically it provides the whole list of users who have participated along with their post count.

On clicking the Number of posts it would show all the post links and I can easily jump to that user's particular post instead of scrolling through multiple pages.

Quick Jump is one of the best features. However I am afraid that the change you are suggesting will make the entire thing bulky. No one remembers the exact post made by the user so it is likely that even after this feature we will need to scroll over pages to find the desired post as the number of post will always increase. Instead, we can show the link of current user's last post, so the user can catch up the thread from where he/she left.

Shri_12 thumbnail

Please add more original emoticons. I mean these ones 😊😉😃😛

These are very unique to IF and add a different charm to posts, unlike emojis on our keyboard.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Please give us option to add a gif in our Display picture like how we had in IF earlier.

WildestDreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shri_12

I think it would be great to show the forums that a user is active/following on front in form of quick links. Most of the users follow/regularly visit only a few forums at a time. As far as I know, the way to reach a particular forum from home page is to either select from drop down or type the url directly in the browser. 

For that we already have favorite forum option. You can add your favorite forum/the one you’re active or following to it. You select whatever you want to visit from “My favorite” window option.