Kaamnaa

A bad editing team or a new regulation?

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Have you guys noticed the weird editing of this show regarding violence?

This show never shows the actual violence but clumsily edits it to show only the reactions.

In episode 72: When Akanksha was slapped twice. You don't see both slaps but rather just everyone's reactions.. No slap sound effect was added.. which looked so poorly edited that it removed the whole fun of the scene.

In episode 104: When Vaibhav was assaulting Akankaha to fake the scars which she got from Manav. the scene was shown rather clunky

Then in yesterday episode 106: When Vaibhav was  punched/slapped(?) by Manav.. we actually don't see the it in action.. we only get the after effect.. again with no sound effect added.

I first thought That Chandini Sharma could not get the timing correct (or some other problem while shooting such scenes.. who knows maybe she wasn't that comfortable...) which made editing team compromise with whatever they got. But I am sure that both Abhishek Rawat and Manav Gohil being much more experienced in this field would not have any problem shooting such scenes.

Then what is the reason behind this editing choice. Is there any new regulation that violence should not be shown in TV at that hour or maybe family shows should not show it?

I am having this doubt because, normally the editing of the show is decent(not anything great.. ) That is why, when it is so bad.. it is noticeable.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail

Usually the actual scene is sometimes shown in the precap which they do not edit .

Not only this show but many other shows in Sony TV .

I clearly remember the same for KUDKA (Lahore wala ), Dhadkan , etc 

I though this is for Canadian /US broadcast and Indian Tv shows the full scene 

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Agree what’s shown in precap not shown in actual episodes.  It should be shown as sometimes over here in UK, channel don’t show precap. Just as episodes ends, either commercials or next show episode starts.    

SwatchColor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Yeah… this is actually a rule in itv industry. You can’t show blood (which is always shown black/white). Slaps are cut out only in scenes where it’s too much violence or if the channel is Sony TV. Unless the show is about action and requires all of this then your out of luck… I’m guessing if the show is 9:00 p.m. or later than they will allow it. Im saying this b/c Beyhadh was one of those thriller shows and aired at really late times. Probably to avoid clashing with family time slots.

Edited by SwatchColor - 2 years ago