Yami Gautam calls out Film Companion - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rushi1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

These people get so whiny..that is one review..move on..seriously i have to applaud katrina there..the girl has always remained so civil and calm despite some of the absolute worst stuff written about her acting..anupama called her a dead piece of wood in Bang Bang and she was happily giving her interview in Cannes 2015..and she did better work and made the same anupama call her the best thing of Zero and Bharat..

There is also Vaani Kapoor..an outsider with so much sense and such a no-nonsense attitude..she has had worse written about her..

quite honestly this outsider..insider..mafia group etc etc has become the go to excuse for any outsider failing now..not always will the entire world gang up on you..also the easiest thing to do is whine on twitter..

I may disagree with u here…Katrina was genuinely bad in acting before… now she has improved in leaps n bounds… but Yami is a really good actress.. just watch her in A Thursday… she was brilliant in it… then even in Bala, Uri, her debu movie she was good in all of them… when an actress in working do hard in a movie and you just have one bloody line to write about her performance in an entire movie… that’s too much… she has every right to call the critics out…

And the thing is if everyone is supposed to remain quite than how the hell people will know that what they are doing is wrong…if Kangana didn’t started the nepotism debate… no one would hv been talking abt it and public would be easily latching up all the mediocrity in the name of these star kids… so sometimes it’s actually important to call out people if someone feels that they are wronged in any way…

Edited by rushi1981 - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I’m all for Hindi film critics getting called out for the biased opinions, which runs both ways depending on the star of the movie.  But this should have been done more stealthily. Yami’s PR should have contacted a few of big name publications and talked to them until one of them had written something scathing about the critics in general with examples of bias against several stars (as I’m sure it’s easy to find) but making Yami and Filmi Companion the focal point of the article.  That way critics would have been trashed and Yami could have continued to claim to take criticism in her stride and just chug along.  

Yami may be right in her point but as a few others have said she shouldn’t have said anything. She didn’t do herself any favors here. She might get some attention here for this for a few days but she’s not connected enough nor is she a big enough star not to expect some kind of backlash here.  I hope I’m wrong though.  

Disagree..better to be upfront than being sly or stealthy. Going by the current situation in BW she isn't gonna be connected enough or big enough to take on these people.

Taking criticism is another thing. That one line he wrote for her in the review..that's not even criticism. It was complete disregard..As if he just had to write something as she is one of the leads and he came up with this absurdity. If she wasn't good say she wasn't.. that's a review or criticism..not this.

It's almost as if FC doesn't consider few people worthy enough to exist in BW or they don't stand a chance against the biggies. I wasn't against nepotism earlier..it has existed in BW and other industries since ages. Finally the ones who r good survive. But in last few years the level of promotion, adulation and offers for nepo kids has surpassed past levels. It's not a level playing field.

If actors like Yami have survived in such a scenario only on the basis of their acting and not other gimmicks..they surely possess some talent. Success is a faraway thing where even survival of ur career is a struggle 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

they get a little attention and go cuckoo crazy.. The need for them to give a "savage" reply

Videogram: Akshay Kumar And Taapsee Pannu Teach Self Defence VIDEO |  Women's Day | LehrenTV

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

they get a little attention and go cuckoo crazy.. The need for them to give a "savage" reply

Videogram: Akshay Kumar And Taapsee Pannu Teach Self Defence VIDEO | Women's Day | LehrenTV

This is the true 😂 

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

If people listened to me about Anupama and her shady Film companion in 2014 no one would even be listening to anything FC says 😆

FC and Yami are both mediocre for me. So reading this natuanki only amuses me 😆

yami should join pariniti chopra in desh ka nautankibaaz show on rangeela channel

oyebollywood thumbnail

yami should have protested and got the movie released in cinemas rather than OTT

😆

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Disagree..better to be upfront than being sly or stealthy. Going by the current situation in BW she isn't gonna be connected enough or big enough to take on these people.

Taking criticism is another thing. That one line he wrote for her in the review..that's not even criticism. It was complete disregard..As if he just had to write something as she is one of the leads and he came up with this absurdity. If she wasn't good say she wasn't.. that's a review or criticism..not this.

It's almost as if FC doesn't consider few people worthy enough to exist in BW or they don't stand a chance against the biggies. I wasn't against nepotism earlier..it has existed in BW and other industries since ages. Finally the ones who r good survive. But in last few years the level of promotion, adulation and offers for nepo kids has surpassed past levels. It's not a level playing field.

If actors like Yami have survived in such a scenario only on the basis of their acting and not other gimmicks..they surely possess some talent. Success is a faraway thing where even survival of ur career is a struggle 

I understand your argument and you definitely have very valid points. I also hope that there won’t be any backlash for her. In theory I agree with everything you said.  But reality of Bollywood is very different for outsiders, specially outsiders who don’t have connections to a big production house or haven’t achieved mega stardom yet. Both apply to Yami.  So again I hope there won’t be any backlash for her.  It would also help if a few others stand up with her and call out the critics but that’s unlikely as well. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Edit…

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 2 years ago
Ilahi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Why can't she voice out her views? Right or wrong. What he wrote isn't even relevant to the movie..Too bad she didn't get any magazine cover or author-backed  roles and dozen PR hyped articles praising her before her debut. Ofcourse she is crazy. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: oyebollywood

yami should join pariniti chopra in desh ka nautankibaaz show on rangeela channel

Exactly 🤣