Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

How abt u stop giving it so much importance if u think they are “samosa critics”

Jokes apart, from what I've heard samosa critics mean paid critics who would give good review in exchange of freebies. Before popcorn became a fad, Indian theatres would have samosas and that's how the word came in- like ek samosa khilao aur acche reviews pao. 😆

Nothing wrong with calling out sellouts for what they are. 

But it woulda been far smarter if she had just paid someone to do the deed while keeping her own hands clean. 

Unless she wanted to draw attention to herself.... then I say mission accomplished. 😆

Supari_khala thumbnail

I’ve never liked Anupama. She’s extremely biased and a total sycophant. Plus, she always name drops HW movie references at the most odd times during conversation. There’s never really any need for it. I’m glad everyone is taking potshots at her these days. About damn time

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I understand your argument and you definitely have very valid points. I also hope that there won’t be any backlash for her. In theory I agree with everything you said.  But reality of Bollywood is very different for outsiders, specially outsiders who don’t have connections to a big production house or haven’t achieved mega stardom yet. Both apply to Yami.  So again I hope there won’t be any backlash for her.  It would also help if a few others stand up with her and call out the critics but that’s unlikely as well. 

We have examples of actors who tried to have connections with big production houses..they never spoke out against any bias, tried..infact strived to be in good books of everyone. What did they achieve..dirty and demeaning blinds written on them by same people. Were even dropped from movies. Case in point Kartik Aryan and SSR. 

At most what backlash can happen with Yami? She won't get any big production house movies..that she anyways isn't.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Nothing wrong with calling out sellouts for what they are. 

But it woulda been far smarter if she had just paid someone to do the deed while keeping her own hands clean. 

Unless she wanted to draw attention to herself.... then I say mission accomplished. 😆

Why should Deepu and Kangu have all the fun??😆

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

We have examples of actors who tried to have connections with big production houses..they never spoke out against any bias, tried..infact strived to be in good books of everyone. What did they achieve..dirty and demeaning blinds written on them by same people. Were even dropped from movies. Case in point Kartik Aryan and SSR. 

At most what backlash can happen with Yami? She won't get any big production house movies..that she anyways isn't.

Which movies were these two dropped from? Last I heard, wasn’t it Karthik who opted to drop, a KJo movie no less,  in the middle of the shoot? And SSR too dropped not one but multiple movies. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

Which movies were these two dropped from? Last I heard, wasn’t it Karthik who opted to drop, a KJo movie no less,  in the middle of the shoot? And SSR too dropped not one but multiple movies. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Seems like the Film Companion or rather Anupama has become everybody's favorite punching bag these days. First the Kashmir Files director and now Yami. Just because Anupama refuses to kowtow and praise those hyper-patriotic films. Yes Anupama has her biases just like any other member of the audience and sometimes she forgets to play fair. I don't agree with all her reviews.But does anyone refuse to watch a film just because Anupama says so? The trailer, the starcast and in some cases the director (like Bhansali) has more weight as deciding factors.

A lot of critics these days have no credentials and just echoes the public sentiment in the trailer's youtube video comment or twitter and tailor their review accordingly with a proper clickbait title. At least Anupama is refreshingly different in that respect.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Seems like the Film Companion or rather Anupama has become everybody's favorite punching bag these days. First the Kashmir Files director and now Yami. Just because Anupama refuses to kowtow and praise those hyper-patriotic films. Yes Anupama has her biases just like any other member of the audience and sometimes she forgets to play fair. I don't agree with all her reviews.But does anyone refuse to watch a film just because Anupama says so? The trailer, the starcast and in some cases the director (like Bhansali) has more weight as deciding factors.

A lot of critics these days have no credentials and just echoes the public sentiment in the trailer's youtube video comment or twitter and tailor their review accordingly with a proper clickbait title. At least Anupama is refreshingly different in that respect.

She said fans should be more responsible and not patronize Salman films. 

That is a very sick comment 

Not that whiner Yami is better. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: catchmeifucan

But she is not responsible for what Rahul Desai puts out.  All the critics and reviewers carry their own opinions regardless of who they work for. 

This article says she’s the in-charge of the website. Lmao 

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/yami-gautam-slams-anupama-chopras-website-for-mocking-her-acting-in-dasvi_186011