Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: zara321

Yami asking film companion to not review her films from now on is quite far fetched, they are just doing their job, if they didn’t like your performance then ignore the review, focus on the positive ones. Yes some critics should be a bit more sensitive with the things they write, but unfortunately that’s just how some of them choose to write. 

And some bigger stars have had worse things written about their performances, sometimes repeatedly, but they just ignore it and move on 

I guess the point here is the “review” is hardly a fair one. It’s “sassy” for the sake of being sassy. There’s constructive criticism and there’s plain BS like she screenshotted.

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

It's one person's opinion. Don't like it , ignore and move on. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Vickat_4evr

N one more thing she spoke in the favor of the Kashmir files that's why this anupamaa aunty n whole film companion is winning. Lage raho u samosa critics n one more thing guys just see how some genuine people r blasting in her post. Good going on u genuine people 👏. 

Just checked . Oh u mean some agenda for speaking in favour of Kashmir files . 

https://twitter.com/yamigautam/status/1503309301968150532?s=21&t=qVMY0BKLbxwqhqXVt1Nxag

In her tweet she wrote her hubby is kp n supported tkf .

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I’m all for Hindi film critics getting called out for the biased opinions, which runs both ways depending on the star of the movie.  But this should have been done more stealthily. Yami’s PR should have contacted a few of big name publications and talked to them until one of them had written something scathing about the critics in general with examples of bias against several stars (as I’m sure it’s easy to find) but making Yami and Filmi Companion the focal point of the article.  That way critics would have been trashed and Yami could have continued to claim to take criticism in her stride and just chug along.  

Yami may be right in her point but as a few others have said she shouldn’t have said anything. She didn’t do herself any favors here. She might get some attention here for this for a few days but she’s not connected enough nor is she a big enough star not to expect some kind of backlash here.  I hope I’m wrong though.  

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

You like Sara Ali Khan. So what do you know. 🤣

There's absolutely nothing wrong with calling out "critics" who have a very obvious & corrupt vendetta. Anupama Chopra fits the bill. Every human being has biases. Taran Adarsh loves masala, Raja Sen hates it. But Anupama Chopra is straight up discriminatory against the "smaller" stars or those not from the same circles as her & her husband. A lot of it is conflict of interest, when your bread and butter is interviews with the Industry bigwigs....how are you meant to give an unbiased review on their film? A lot of it is the old guard of Bollywood complex & its utter disregard for smaller actors, directors, producers. 

Regardless, happy someone is calling them out for it. 

Edited by aaditi123 - 2 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail

I mean WTF is 

“Yami is no longer a dead girlfriend in Hindi films.”

what kind of a absolute trash is this? Rahul or whoever needs 4 kaan ke niche. This is like I want to criticize Yami coz I want to. No head or tail. 

Film Companion is qtiya critics. They need juta chappal, tomatoes and andas. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

You like Sara Ali Khan. So what do you know. 🤣

Atleast Shes not typecast as glorified dead girlfriend 😆

NimbuMirchi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Atleast Shes not typecast as glorified dead girlfriend 😆

Exactly. Sara can’t even be pretty dead girlfriend. She is that bad. 

And now you are using Film companion’s review line. Maroon, I expected better come back from you. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Exactly. Sara can’t even be pretty dead girlfriend. She is that bad. 

And now you are using Film companion’s review line. Maroon, I expected better come back from you. 

If people listened to me about Anupama and her shady Film companion in 2014 no one would even be listening to anything FC says 😆

FC and Yami are both mediocre for me. So reading this natuanki only amuses me 😆