Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I enjoyed trying out the new features. I suggested an edit to the celebrity page for "Sayli Salunke" to correct the spelling of her last name to "Salunkhe" to match how she spells it on Instagram.

Reading the title page of my fan fiction in Marathi was fun! I don't expect that India Forums has any control over these translations, so please ignore if you're not amused:

• Nonsense Saṃskṛta words like "प्रप्य" instead of "प्राप्य" were generated by ignoring my use of diacritical marks.
  • The story is rated "प्रकाश" for "light" trigger warnings such as double-negative "असहमती नसलेले" for "non-consensual."
  • "Chapter" becomes "धडा" instead of "भाग" in the "सामग्री सारणी" Table of Contents, and becomes "अध्याय" when I click in, as if fan fiction is educational!

Edited to add: Actually, in this Table of Contents, some chapters are marked "धडा" and others "अध्याय" and Chapter Three is marked "प्रकरण" - just like Chapter Three in another story's Table of Contents. I wonder if something in India Forums is affecting the translation according to the chapter number. And the chapter numerals are not being translated consistently: "१" is followed by "2" through "20" and "२१" is followed by "22" etc.

Thank you for letting us know. We have updated her Profile Name.

Regarding the Google Translate feature we will be fine-tuning some parts for the translation to ignore. However, its Google Translate API that does the magic on which we do not have much control over.

DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Is there a way to share Instagram posts in current window rather than new window? I try changing target to self but it goes back to new window upon posting. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Hi vijay, I'm not sure if anyone else finds this a bit problematic but the video ads scrolling down while I scroll through the page are jarring. I know ads are imperative to keep the site going but it's a bit jarring to see the video ad scroll down when it could be in its original place or rather not have the video played. I have attached two images wherein the ads' original place as opposed to scrolling down.

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

Hi vijay, I'm not sure if anyone else finds this a bit problematic but the video ads scrolling down while I scroll through the page are jarring. I know ads are imperative to keep the site going but it's a bit jarring to see the video ad scroll down when it could be in its original place or rather not have the video played. I have attached two images wherein the ads' original place as opposed to scrolling down.

Thank you for the feedback.

In the next update you will notice that we have reduced the same to a greater extent on Forum Post pages.

Cheers,

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago
Nichuss thumbnail

Thank you for the updates👏

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

It may be time to rename a few forum sections. For example, Zee Marathi Forum is more of a "Marathi Entertainment Forum" where content from channels like Colors Marathi, Sun Marathi etc. is being discussed.

It took just one day for the Mythological Masti Forum's moderator to shut down my Favourite passages for each character from Mahābhārata topic and tell me to "make topic on Bhagvad Gita, that explains management of various stages of life as well as How to Live not just exist." Maybe "Moderator-Solicited Proselytism Only Forum" would be a more accurate name.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

One day is too much, topics leading to discuss sexual aspect would have got closed much earlier if it was brought to our notice earlier. 

Even in past topics made on similar tone got closed due to members fighting, trolling, insulting, in pretext of discussing Mahabharat, Mythology. Even now our policy is the same.

May be MM forum is not right for the kind of valuable inputs you want in Mythology. 

Forum Moderator can advise or suggest on subject which is also part of Mahabharat, MM forum can have discussion on. As per your pm, you want to discuss Mythology not morals, so I should open that topic. But replies on that topic indicates that you want discussion only approved by your pov not other's. Hence that topic will remain closed.

Sunshine_nino thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I am not able to tag people in my posts. 

Also the video ads are becoming very problematic. 

Kindly consider. 

vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sunshine_nino

I am not able to tag people in my posts. 

Also the video ads are becoming very problematic. 

Kindly consider. 

Where are you seeing the Video Ads? As we have removed it for logged in members in the Forum pages.

Are you not able to tag anyone or select few members?

Sunshine_nino thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: vijay

Where are you seeing the Video Ads? As we have removed it for logged in members in the Forum pages.

Are you not able to tag anyone or select few members?

While scrolling the video ads are quite frequent. Sometimes my screen is freezing when I am trying to close them. 

And I am not able to tag anyone in my posts.