Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

This is awesome update 

Loved it 

Abhiraaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for the tag 

Loved the long update would love a verrry long update next, maybe them getting more closer 💞💞

Amru4krish thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Brilliant brilliant brilliant update grace.... 

Its too too good yaar....

Cant wait to read more.... 

loved it 

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: iheartChai

Thank you everyone who showed interest in this SS 🤗  I'm finally back with the next update 😃

Just a reminder: these memories are all from Abhimanyu's perspective.  

Gravity Part 2

He rubbed his damp hair vigorously with a towel and then collapsed onto the bed stretching his tired muscles. He had just finished taking a shower after a nice workout. His eyes popped open when he heard the sound of the microwave churning. It surprised him as he didn't expect Akshara to be home so early. He fixed his blue t-shirt and made sure to tie the string on his gray sweatpants before opening the bedroom door. As he stepped out he was immediately inundated with the smell of popcorn.

I really like your writing style. I like to read not just their feelings but also what the characters are doing and you paint a picture with your writing. Not an easy task. @Bold in pink why did that make me laugh 😂

"You're home earlier," he greeted.

"Oh, hi Abhimanyu," Akshara answered, turning with a bright smile. She was wearing a pink t-shirt and gray Nike sweatpants. One of my lectures got canceled so I came back early from campus. What a great way to start off the weekend. Are you going to the clinic today?"

They're wearing the same thing or what? Just different colours 😆

"No, not today. I just came back from the gym and took a shower."

"I noticed your hair is different." He combed his fingers through his hair, realizing she usually saw him with his hair gelled back and up. "Sometimes you have to give your hair some rest from the hair gel.  You ever use coconut oil?"  

“Not really.  When I was a kid Ma would massage it in but I haven't done that for some time now.”

“It can help with damaged hair.  Using it as pre-shampoo treatment may help lock in some moisture like a conditioner,” she explained.  He smirked.  Ever since they had been living together he discovered she was a bit of a home remedy guru.  Randomly giving tidbits about natural plants, spices, and foods that could be used to help relieve common ailments instead of taking over the counter medicines.  It was amusing enough considering how he was a medical professional.  Not that he did not believe in such home remedies.  When he was a kid his mother use to use them on him at times as well.  But as he grew older he started to reach for the bottle of aspirin first to relieve his headache or take the cold medicine then drink a cup of warm turmeric milk.  “I was thinking about watching a movie.  Would you like to join me?”  ‘He nodded and followed her to the sofa. She sat down and placed the large bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.  “Oh, I forgot my drink.”

Typical Akshara lol

“I’ll get it.  You just sat down,” he offered and walked back to the kitchen.  He spied a mini can of Coca-cola next to a glass.  Before grabbing it he opened the fridge and poured himself a glass of apple juice and then brought both drinks to the living room.  

“Thank you.  I only drink Coke when I have popcorn,” she explained.  “You can have some of my popcorn.  I can’t eat all of it.”

He smiled and sat down at the other end of the couch while the popcorn was placed between them on the sofa.  “So what are we watching?” he inquired as he grabbed some popcorn from the bowl.

“The Wedding Planner.”

“The Wedding Planner?” he repeated.

“Yes, I know it’s a chick flick…romantic comedy but after we watch it you can pick the next film.”

“Why would I sit here for two hours watching this?” 

“Please don’t make me watch some documentary.  Consider this like a psychology film to understand romance and girls better,” she proposed with a glint in her eye as if she was proud of herself for coming up with this reasoning.  “Besides, it’s much more fun watching a movie with someone than alone.”

Aw I love this part. So true, watching movie with someone is twice the fun. They're bonding 😊

“Do I look like I’m 15 years old?  I don’t need a movie to tell me about girls and relationships..”

“You said you don’t believe in love.”

“Just because I don’t believe in love doesn’t mean I’m not aware of things.  I’m not blind, for instance anyone can see you’re pretty.”  His face froze briefly realizing what he had just said.  “I mean, you're not bad looking for someone your age…you being young,” he stumbled. 

Damn he blurted it out ☺️I wish you had added I Akshara felt when she heard this 😳 

“Someone my age?  I’m not some minor,” Akshara huffed.  “Sure I’m younger than you but you’re not that much older either.  You’re 30 right?”

“32,” he answered.

“I’m 23 about to turn 24. And age is just a number when it comes to love.”

Why does it look like she is trying to justify their age gap 😆

Ignoring her last comment he replied grumpily, “Fine, just turn on the movie.”  He stuffed some popcorn into his mouth and turned towards the TV, not willing to look in her direction again.

Typical couple behaviour and these are the moments which they will remember if they ever are alone again. Babies are creating memories aw 

Several hours later he was standing by the front door talking to the pizza delivery guy.  “Thank you.  Drive safe, it sounds like a storm is coming this way.”  

“Thanks, I'll do my best.  You have a good evening.”

He closed the door and walked to the kitchen to take out two dinner plates and then carried the box and plates to the coffee table.  The popcorn bowl was gone now but there was a bowl of salsa and a bag of tortilla chips in its place.  They had already watched three movies and were finishing up the night with one last one.  His pick.  

I cant put my finger to it but there is something so warm and fuzzy about this paragraph. I love how they watched 3 movies and you can only do that with a good company. I think I like this because it's so realistic that one can relate. And I have to add that Akshara is already bubbly but if she had not been there then Abhi would have been drinking his apple juice alone. He is that grey cloud and she is the sunshine 🌞 Together they'll make a rainbow 🌈😂

“Oh great, the pizza is here!” Akshara smiled as she exited her bedroom.  “So, have you decided what you want to watch next?”

“I think so.  Still debating.  I’ll let you know after we have dinner.”

“So, my movies weren’t that bad?,” Akshara stated as she sat down on the couch. “I only made you watch one romantic comedy.  The other was a Disney animated film.”

“Atlantis the Lost Empire, never heard of it before but it was not bad,” he replied, handing her a slice of cheese pizza. 

“Thank you,” she answered, taking the plate with both her hands. “Neither have I, but isn’t it great discovering something new?  Sometimes it's great watching your favorite films but watching something new is fun too especially if it turns out to be good.  You never know unless you try right?”  

She is also new in his life 🌚

“True,” he smiled and took a bite of pizza.  “They made it really good today.”

“I know,” she hummed with approval.

“So, what are your thoughts about love?” He saw the surprised look on her face at his very direct question. "I was going to ask you that after The Wedding Planner but then you got that phone call from your classmate. In the movie you had Steve and Fran who had been dating since their school days and decided to get married.  An obligation or natural evolution of the relationship because they have been together so long…the answer marriage.  Mary’s father came from an arranged marriage and so was trying hard to get her arranged with Massimo.  But then Steve and Mary kept meeting each other and fell in love.  Fran and Steve  come to the realization there is something behind their relationship.  So they break up as they fell out of love with each other.  So love is either friendship, arranged, or meeting some stranger where sparks fly and then love happens.  What, don’t look at me like that, you told me to consider it like a psychology movie.”

Again, loving this bonding sesh.

Akshara gave a faint chuckle.  “I did tell you to do that, didn't I?  I honestly haven’t thought too much about it.  All I know is right now I have my music.  Music is the most important thing in my life…it's such a powerful presence it can sooth any pain, sorrow, or suffering and bring such happiness.  I guess when love finds me it will be like music I’ll just naturally move to the rhythm of it.”

“So, you’re not expecting something big and dramatic to happen?  For the guy to shout off of the rooftops that he’s madly, crazily in love with you?  Come crashing in on your engagement day declaring to a room full of relatives that he’s there to stop the engagement because you should be engaged with him instead of some guy your family thinks.is right for you?”

“Even, I understand all of that is unrealistic.  Life isn’t some big Bollywood movie,” she sighed. “Not that it wouldn’t be exciting to experience that maybe once?” She laughed at her own comment.  “But you don’t believe in all these things.”

He nodded.  “’I’m a very practical person.  I understand the love of a mother and the love I share with my siblings and cousins but not this other love…I can’t understand it.  All the relationships I’ve witnessed are loveless.  Mary’s father talked about how he fell in love with Mary’s mother.  One day he got very sick and she nursed him back to health.  A mutual respect occured and then that respect grew to friendship which then grew to a deep love.  None of that happened to these relationships I’ve seen.”  

They need to explore this topic on the show too. Not only does it emphasise how Akshara changed his life but it's common in India (especially) for couples to remain in a grey marriage just because they are scared to be the black sheep. I think watching his family be so superficial has affected him greatly. Akshara is showing him new colours other than grey.

“Your parents were an arranged marriage?”

“Yes,” he replied.  “So are my aunt and uncle.  The Birla house is a family, but the love…like those described in the movies I’ve never seen before.  I just don’t believe in all of this.” 

“Maybe you just haven’t found the right person.”

He chuckled, “You sound like Ma.  She tells me the same thing.  One day I’m going to meet someone who is going to change my world.  I just don’t see that happening.  If I did I probably wouldn’t be here pretending to be married…having this contract marriage with you.  Don’t worry you’re safe, I won't fall in love with you.” Akshara gave a half grin and took another slice of pizza. “Your parents also arranged?”

“Love marriage,” she answered between a bite..

“I guess that makes sense then.  I’m sure there are big celebrations for their wedding anniversaries.”

“My mother passed away when I was very young. My father remarried to a very wonderful woman, Sirat Ma who raised me and took care of my brother Kairav.  I also gained a baby sister Arohi.  Then an accident happened when I was ten years old and I lost both my father and Sirat Ma.  My grandparents became my legal guardians afterwards.  From what Mimi, my great grandmother has told me and the family videos I’ve seen, my parents were very much in love and happily married.  I’m sure if they were alive today there would be big celebrations.”

“I’m sorry for your loss.  If I said anything out of line I apologize.” He watched as she flashed a smile indicating no hard feelings were present.  “So, have you decided on the movie?”

“Yes,” he replied as he finished eating the crust of his third slice.  “Aliens.  I’ve always heard about it but never watched it before.”

“Aliens?” Akshara repeated with wide eyes.  “Why a scary movie?”

“We watched Jurassic Park and you liked that.  It had a few scary moments.”

“Yes, but the movie had so many other things going on.”

“This is about space exploration.  You’ll be fine,” he reassured.

Oh it ended!!! Please tell me the behind scenes. Who got more scared and were there any hand grabbing upon scary scenes?? bolo bolo

He woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty and reached over to the steel water bottle that he kept on the nightstand by his bed.  He sighed as he found it to be empty and got out of bed to go refill it with water.  As he made his way to the kitchen the soft pitter-patter of his feet were being masked by the drizzling sound of rain hitting against the deck and the windows.  It had been raining non-stop since they had started their last movie.  He gently chuckled to himself recalling how scared Akshara had gotten during the movie that she was hiding behind a cushion and asking for a play by play of actions by him.  He took a long drink of water satisfying his parched throat and started to head back to his room when he heard some muffled sounds coming from Akshara’s room.  Eventually, the sounds became louder and he realized she was screaming.  He quickly ran into the room to find her in bed tossing and turning shouting, “Stay away aliens!”

I got my answer 🤣Also rain is so romantic, I love water references in anything.

He immediately felt bad that she was having such a nightmare.  He went to her bedside and tried to wake her up.  “Akshara, wake up.  Akshara, you’re having a nightmare.  It’s okay.  Everything is going to be okay.”  Just as he saw her eyes flutter open there was a flash of lightning dangerously close to the window and a loud thunderous clap.  He felt a hard kick to the groin and he doubled over in pain.  “You’re not going to get me!” Akshara hollered.  “Stay away.”

How very dramatic 😆

“Ak-sh-ara…” he coughed in pain.  “It’s me Abhi-man-yu…”  He felt a hit to his back, this time with what seemed to be a pillow.  “It’s okkkkaaaay.”

“Who’s there?  Who are you?” she hollered as if she had finally awoke from her sleep but was now afraid of the reality of some unknown figure kneeling on the ground in her bedroom.  “What are you doing here?  Help!”

“Don’t scream like that,” he tried to reason.  But as he lifted his head up so she could see him he felt a hard slap on his shoulder.  “Ahhhh…” he yelped in pain.

“That’s right get out of my room.  Who do you think you are?  Abhimanyu, help!”

He tried shielding himself from the hits but she was so frantic in her defense he kept getting pummeled.  He never thought a slipper could do so much damage.  Each hit stung against his skin that he wondered if they would be bruises the next morning.  “Akshara…”

“How do you know my name?” she yelled in horror.  “What did you do?  Who are you?  Did you hurt Abhimanyu?”

“I’m Abhimanyu,” he stated as he tried to lift his head up.  His right hand grasped to find the switch to the lamp on her bedside table.

“No, you’re not!” she answered. “He’s wearing a blue shirt.”

“I am wearing a blue shirt.  You can’t see because the lights are off,” he reasoned.  “Akshara please, it’s me.”  He smiled as he finally found the switch and with a flip the lamp came on just as he felt a tight slap in the cheek with her bedroom slipper.  His eyes grew wide at the pain as his mouth dropped open and he covered his left cheek with his hand.  “Owww…”  He turned his head to look at Akshara.  The terror on her face was soon replaced by sheer guilt realizing the situation.

“Abhimanyu?”

“Yea…” he groaned.  “It’s me…Abhimanyu.”

“Oh My God!” She hopped off the bed and sat down on the floor beside him.  “Are you okay?  Did I hurt you?” His eyes looked at her with trepidation as she was still holding the slipper in her hand.  Registering his fears she looked at her right hand and dropped the pink bedroom slipper on the floor giving a nervous smile.  “Let me see your cheek,” she ordered as she carefully moved his hand away.  She gasped at the large red mark on his face.  Without even thinking she placed her hand against it, feeling the warmth of his skin“I’m so sorry Abhimanyu.”

Poor Abhi bur nice touch at the end @Bold

He sat there watching the worry in her eyes and felt speechless.  He couldn’t believe this woman who weighed probably less than a hundred pounds had thoroughly beaten him.  “I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not.  Maybe you should ice that cheek?”

“I’ll be okay,” he answered and held her wrist with his hand.   Their eyes gently locked and he suddenly felt very uncomfortable.  He dropped her hand and glanced away pretending to look at something much more interesting in the room and stammered, “I’m go-going to go now.  You were um having a nightmare.  I’m sorry that I made you watch Aliens.”

Haye garmi 😆

“I’m sorry for hitting you,” Akshara replied apologetically.

He gave a nervous half grin even though it was painful for him to do so, “Goodnight Akshara,” he said and walked out of the master bedroom as fast as he could.

He sighed to himself as he rubbed the back of his neck as it had been one of those days.  Upon reaching the front door of the apartment he could hear music being played.  As he opened the door his eyes widened hearing a sweet melodious voice singing.  Without thinking twice he walked towards the origin of the singing as if entranced and found Akshara in her bedroom strumming an acoustic guitar.  She was sitting by the window, her eyes focused on the music stand.  Every now and then she would close her eyes letting herself get carried away in the emotions of the music.  He stood there at the entrance of her bedroom unable to say anything but watch her sing and let the music and her voice wash over him.  He closed his eyes remembering that he had heard her voice before and how it had the same effect on him that day he had discovered it.  His lips curled upward into a smirk realizing how strange and coincidental things had been for him since he came to America. He opened his eyes in time to see Akshara finish her last stanza and end the song.with a nice flourish.  She flipped the music sheet and was about to start the next song when she turned and gave out a startled gasp.

“I’m sorry,” he replied.  “I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Um, it’s okay.  Was I disturbing–”

“It was beautiful,” he cut in.  

Who? Akshara or the music? 😆

“Oh, thank you,” she shyly answered.  “I normally practice at school but all the practice rooms were taken for some reason so I came home.  You usually are at the clinic.”

“I came home early today because I skipped going to the gym,” he answered and subconsciously massaged the back of his neck.  

“I’ll be done in another hour if that’s okay?”

“Take as many as you need.”  He paused wondering if he should inquire but then blurted, “You were at the park that day.  There was some music festival?  You were singing weren’t you?”

Akshara’s eyes widened at his declaration.  “Yes, there was a small musical festival the day before we met. It was a charity event to raise money for a local shelter.  I knew the organizers and they asked me to sing a couple of songs as the next act was caught in traffic, but how did you…”

“I took a walk around the park after having dinner to stretch my legs for a bit after the long flight I had been on.  I heard you singing but by the time I reached the stage you had left.”

“It’s amazing isn’t it?  That the next day we would meet again and you took my friend and I to the emergency room?  And then to find me again outside of my apartment.  So many coincidences…it’s like we were almost destined to meet,” she musingly shared in wonderment. 

He smiled, “I guess it is.”

“I’ll finish up in an hour, okay?”

“It’s no bother.  I really enjoy hearing you sing.  You can practice at home I won’t mind.  I was actually having a pretty stressful day today.  But your singing made it better.”

“I’m glad it helped,” Akshara said smiling brightly.

“I’ll leave you to it then,” he then turned only to stop and turn back around, causing Akshara to return her attention to him.  “Um, do you have any dinner plans tonight?”

“No,” shaking her head.

“I was thinking of going out.  Buy you dinner as a thank you, if you are free,” he stated.

“Thank you?  For what?”

“Like I said for making my day better and dealing with Varsha Aunty,” he replied matter of factly.  Before Akshara could answer his phone began to ring.  He looked at it with surprise.

“Your mother?” He gave her a look of astonishment.

“She didn’t call last night like she normally does because she had that function, right?”

He nodded his head and answered the call, “Ma?”

“Hello Beta,” Manjari Birla greeted warmly.

“One second,” he said and placed the phone on mute. “Think of a place you want to eat,” and walked out of the room not willing to give Akshara a chance to back out.  He then headed to his room to finish his call with his mother. “Sorry about that Ma.”

“Everything okay, Abhi?”

“Everything is fine.  How are you?  How did the function go?  Did Sir score big points with the ministers or some big business tycoon?  He rarely believes in taking time off but if it has something to do with PR and he can bring some prestige to Birla Hospital he won’t leave any stone unturned.  Including dragging you along if necessary to some function or making it happen at home because it would look bad if he kept dodging the question why his wife isn’t with him. ”

“Abhi…” his mother replied in a disapproving tone.  “Don’t say such things about your father in that manner.”

“It’s the truth Ma.  It’s one of the reasons I had to just take a break.  I should have bought the second plane ticket and had you come with me.”

“You know I can’t leave the house.  Who would take care of the house?  Your father, your aunt and uncle, Neil, Parth, Shefali, Anisha, Nishtha?” 

“You’re busy taking care of everyone who’s taking care of you?” he pleaded.

“I’m being taken care of.  Neil listens to your every command.  He checks on me morning, noon, and night.  Parth is here and so is Anisha.  They keep saying if we don’t take care of you then we are going to hear it from Abhi.”  She chuckled, making him laugh.  “Good, now how is the apartment?”

“It’s good, why do you keep asking about the apartment?”

“It’s just you are living alone.  When you went there for residency you had roommates.”

“Ma, I’m not alone,” he replied.

“You’re not alone?” Manjari inquired with confusion.

“I mean I’m alone in the apartment but I have work…co-workers…and my friend Dr. David Smith…the reason I’m here,” he quickly answered.  He immediately felt bad that he had to keep his apartment arrangement a secret.

“Oh, I thought you meant…”

“Ma…” he sighed.

“I’m just saying if you find a nice girl there and you want to settle down.  I’m fine either way if you decided to come back here or stay there.”

“Ma, no such thing is happening.  Why are we talking about my marriage?  I’m here for charity work only.”

“Why are you raining on my parade?  Can’t I have some hopes and dreams?  Maybe the reason you haven’t found your better half is because she’s been over there instead of here in India.”  He just shook his head unable to respond.  “Abhi, are you playing music in the background?”

He stopped pacing in his room.  “You can hear her singing?”

“Oh, so I was right.  I just heard some noise and thought you were playing music.”

He opened the door and turned his phone on speaker, letting his mother listen to Akshara sing for a few minutes of Piya Tose Naina Lage Re. He was surprised that she happened to be signing his mother’s favorite song at the moment.  When he brought the phone back inside the room he asked, “How was it Ma?”

“She has such a lovely voice.  Is that a recording?”  

He chuckled, “No, it's…it’s one of the neighbors in the apartment complex.”

“Ah, I see.  Maybe you should meet her.”

“Ma!” he replied in panic.

“And compliment her on my behalf,” Manjari chuckled.  “I should go now.  You have a good rest of the day.”

“Yes, Ma please get some sleep.  It’s late at night there.  I’m going to be out tonight so call me later in the day.”

“Okay Abhi.”

“Night Ma.  Love you.”

“I love you too Beta,” Manjari replied and hung up.  He then lay down on the bed and gently hummed along to Piya Tose Naina Lage Re.  He then took a deep breath, “I’m sorry Ma for keeping this a secret.  I think you would like Akshara…she prays every morning just like you, letting out a faint smile, ”I get my daily prasad…” he then rubbed his hand on his forehead, “What am I saying?  I hope Akshara didn’t think I asked her out.  I just wanted to thank her…that's it.”  He let his hand fall against his chest, the palm lay flat against his left side where his heart was and groaned, “What is wrong with me?”

Beautiful so far ♥️♥️♥️ Love the little things Akshara does like the prashad. I feel like Manjri and am happy for Abhi and he isnt even a real person 😭

He hurriedly walked from the parking lot feeling like an idiot that he had left his wallet in the car.  They had left the new Italian restaurant Akshara had wanted to try and were heading to a local ice cream parlor for dessert.  They both agreed that the meal they had was one of the best Italian meals they ever had.  It was a place that warranted a return to try other menu items.  As he rounded the corner and looked across the street towards the ice cream parlor he saw Akshara talking to a young man.  His eyes narrowed sensing something wasn’t quite right.  He felt the need to be there and be there soon.  He checked that the sleeves of his white cotton dress shirt were rolled into place.  He then made sure his brown belt around his khaki pants was buckled correctly.  He tapped his brown dress shoes on the ground, thankful he decided to wear this specific pair instead of the newer ones that had yet to be broken in.  As the cross light sounded for pedestrians to cross, he ran as fast as he could to reach Akshara.  He came just in time to hear Akshara say “I’m sorry but no,” while backing away.

@Bold But whyyy. This guy is obessed with his pants 🤣

“Oh, come on you don’t mean that.  It’s just for fun.”

“Can I help you?” he asked, eyeing the young man who was wearing a blue jean dress shirt and black jeans.  

“Listen, I’m talking to the Miss here.  You should mind your own business.”

“This is my business,” he replied standing in front of Akshara trying to shield her.  He tilted his chin in an upward motion and questioned.  “What do you want?”

“I’m just talking to her.  What does this matter to you?  Stop trying to be a hero or something.”

He never felt so irritated as he brought his hand upward, resting it under his nose, “You smell like you had a little too much to drink.  Why don’t you just walk away?  And no one gets hurt.”

“Are you threatening me?” the young man asked.  “Don’t put your nose in other people’s business.  Just who do you think you are?  Oh, I get it you’re trying to get with her too aren’t you?  Make me look like the bad guy like I’m bothering her.  I think you need to step away and leave her alone.” 

“Abhimanyu, what are you doing?  Let’s just leave,” Akshara whispered.

Ignoring her words of caution he stepped forward with his back straight.  He felt his blood racing as his hands clenched into fists.  His anger was rising and the only thing he could think about was giving the brown haired man standing in front of him a good punch to the face.  He swallowed and took a breath before stating in a low guttural tone, “If anyone needs to leave it’s you.  For her sake, I’m giving you one last warning otherwise I would have already bashed your head in with my fist by now.  And if you don’t stop I'll make sure to send you to the hospital for disrespecting her.”

“Oh, is that so?” he replied in a dramatic manner then laughed at his taunt.  “I'd liked to see you try that.”

The ice cream parlor’s door opened causing a tiny bell to shake, breaking some of the tension in the air.  Two men who appeared to know the young man in the blue jean shirt ran up to him.  “Justin, what are you doing, man?”

“I’m trying to get this guy away from the girl,” he answered.

“Um, what if he knows her?” one of the friends asked who was holding a milkshake.

“Ha, why would he? He just randomly ran up out of nowhere,” Justin replied.

“I’m her husband.” He answered, trying to end the argument now before he blew his top.  He firmly held Akshara’s hand and felt her reciprocate his hold as he stared back at Justin in anger.

I'm her husband - fab! 👏 Showstopper of this part. Again I want to know how Akshara felt hearing Abhi protect her by being all Alpha male 😳 I love fanfics like these. Makes me feel all giddy 😆

The three men looked at him in surprise.  “Wait, she wasn’t lying?” Justin peeped.

“See I told you,”  the man holding the milkshake said shaking his head.  He then looked at Abhimanyu and Akshara.  “I’m really sorry about my friend here.  He’s had a bit too much to drink.  We’ll take him home now.  I apologize if he bothered you both in any way.  Especially you ma’am.”

“Let your friend know that he needs to understand and respect the word No.  Next time he may not be so lucky and get a real beating,” he warned.  After making sure the young men were out of sight he turned towards Akshara with a concerned look.  “You okay?”

👏

She nodded.  “Normally, if I say I have a boyfriend or a husband they leave me alone.  But he wouldn’t stop.  I was getting ready to pepper spray him.”

“Pepper spray,” he repeated and looked down as she let go of his hand and opened her black Kate Spade clutch to show him the spray bottle attached to her keys.  “I’ll make sure not to make you angry.” Causing her to laugh.  “I’m really glad you didn’t have your keys close to you that night otherwise I would have been sprayed.”

“I’m really sorry,” Akshara replied recalling what happened that night.

“It’s okay.  It took two weeks to heal.  You got a strong right slap.  Justin wouldn’t have survived.  Maybe I should have let you take care of him.”

“What?! It did?”

“I’m joking,” he laughed, making her let out a relieved sigh. "Akshara, you don't have to pretend at least for this year. If you need me to step in being your husband I will. Call me, text me…I'll come." He caught the surprise look in her eyes and then the soft, "Thank you.'' He gestured with his head towards the ice cream parlor door.  “Shall we?”  Akshara nodded and began walking.  As she crossed in front of him he saw her stumble and begin to fall backwards.  It was like some slow motion scene as the cascading ruffles of her knee-length peacock green colored chiffon cocktail dress fluttered in the air.  He reached out quickly and caught her in his arms in the typical Indian television style.  His arms braced her back and he looked down her face inches from his.  He watched as her eyes gently opened in amazement thinking she would have hit the ground only to find him staring back up at her. He was thankful that her dress was not backless, the dress had an a-line scoop neck and the only bit of skin showing was her shoulders, arms, and legs.  Even still this was an intimately uncomfortable situation. He found himself searching her mocha eyes; the smokey eye makeup she had on tonight had him in a bit of a trance.  A few seconds later or maybe longer he wasn’t quite sure he carefully brought her back up to a standing position and let out a breath, “Beautiful…”

Hayee The fall and catch stunt has been done to death yet i found this pleasing to read. Mocha eyes - don't think I've rread anyone describe eyes this way but it's nice. Makes Akshara sound warm and soothing like coffee and also like doll/anime character strangely enough. You know how they have enormous eyes in anime 😆Anyways, I loved this part too. I am liking how Abhi is slowing falling not just for her personality but also looks 😳

“My shoes,” she stated with embarrassment. 

“Huh?” he replied looking perplexed but thankful she hadn’t heard him.

“My shoes,” pointing to the sparkly silver high heels she had on, “They are new.  I haven’t gotten used to them,” she explained as she rotated her ankle. “Thank you for catching me.”

“Anytime…I mean…you’re welcome,” he replied and walked away to hold the door to the ice cream parlor open.

They gently laughed as they walked around the flower garden finishing their ice cream cones.  She had jokingly chided him on his selection, vanilla the most typical flavor to choose.  He simply shrugged his shoulders stating he liked it.  She decided to go with the black cherry walnut ice cream.  Their conversation was light, fun, and engaging much like their conversation earlier during dinner.  They found it interesting that despite their own personal views about love and family they found themselves agreeing on most things.  And even if they disagreed they were open to listening to the other side of the argument. 

♥️♥️♥️

As he walked back from tossing their napkins in the nearest trash receptacle he saw a panicked look on Akshara’s face.  “What’s the matter?  Is the guy back again?” 

“No, it’s Varsha Aunty,” she squealed in panic looking across the way.

“What?” he turned around to look only to be grabbed by the arm.

“Don’t she’ll see us!”

“I don’t see why we should be panicking.”

“I don’t have my mangalsutra on!  Here hold this,” she said, thrusting the black clutch into his hands.  She pulled out the mangalsutra she had burrowed from her friend at the costume shop.

“You carry it around?” he asked in awe.

“I also have a little bit of the sindoor in a small pill case,” she replied as she tried to put the mangalsutra on.

“What?!  That too?  It’s not necessary for you to do that Akshara,” he answered taken aback by the amount of thought she was putting into this whole charade. 

“I at least have to have the mangalsutra on,” showing her left hand, “We don’t have wedding bands on.  You guys don’t even have to wear one after marriage.   Which, by the way, why is that?  Why do we women have to prove we are the ones married?”

“I’ll wear one.  I promise to wear one.” he answered in earnest a little afraid of her anger.  “You seem to be having some trouble.”

“I’m so nervous I can’t keep my hands from shaking,” she replied as she swept her hair to one side of her shoulder.  “Oh God…”

“Here, let me help you,” he answered and handled the purse back to her.  He took the mangalsutra in his hand and started to walk to the side only to stop seeing how stressed she looked.  “What, what’s the matter?”

“You need to stand in front otherwise she’ll see you putting it on me.  She hasn’t seen us yet once she crosses the bridge…”

“Okay, just stay calm,” he replied and carefully reached around her neck, his fingers almost afraid to make contact with her skin.  “This is hard.  How do they do this during the wedding?”

“Hurry up,” Akshara coaxed.

“Okay, I got it,” he replied with a proud smile on his face.  

Wait does this mean they're married now? 😆

Akshara fixed her hair and gently tugged on the mangalsutra making sure it was secure around her neck.  “Thank you.  Okay, ready?”  He nodded and turned around.  Without a word he took her hand into his and waved as Varsha Aunty saw them.  He presumed the man walking beside her was her husband.  He saw to his surprise Ajay walking behind them.  Ajay noticed him and smiled.  His eyes moved their direction towards Akshara and did an okay sign.  In that moment he felt this sudden urge to punch him.  He shook his head slightly not sure why that feeling had emerged as he knew Ajay was just confirming he understood who Akshara was.  All he could think in his head was What is wrong with me today?

"So, the great Dr. Abhimanyu Birla who has a fitness body like a king decides to sit here in the sand away from everyone enjoying the outdoor activities?" He glanced at his friend who was smiling downward at him, his dirty blonde hair was combed back and his Ray-Ban sunglasses were hanging in front of his white t-shirt.  He had one hand tucked inside the pocket of his blue swim trunks while the other held a bottle of water. Understanding he was being ignored he continued, "Abhi, you aren't going to join in on the fun? This is a team outing to boost morale and foster team spirit which generally requires some level of interaction."

"David, can't you see he has other priorities in mind? How can he have fun when a certain lady is out there paddle boarding? From here he can see all that is happening," teased a woman wearing a yellow tankini with a red and yellow tie-dyed sarong wrapped around her waist. 

"Ahhhh, I see. You are correct Saloni. Why spend time with her when he can sit here alone by himself?"

"I don't know what you two are talking about," he replied as he adjusted his sleeveless sky blue workout hoodie. 

"Are you sure something isn't going on between you two?" David inquired. "I get it she's your roommate only because of your crazy landlord. But you know sometimes all that pretending can start affecting you." He gave a low chuckle,"Mr. I Swear I Will Never Marry is playing pretend marriage."

"Not so loud David. We don't need people overhearing this. We are the only two who know," Saloni hushed while she adjusted the brim of her sun hat. "Even Akshara doesn't know."

"You'd think you would have thought about the addresses," David chuckled.

"I invited her for one event because there was going to be a therapy session for kids.  She’s a music therapist and I thought it would be a good opportunity for her and she enjoys volunteering and charity work.  I didn’t  know you were going to offer her a part time job,” he replied as his toes dug into the sand.

“We are a small group now so of course everything gets reviewed by Saloni and I,” David stated.

“Abhi, you sure you won’t join us?  We were thinking of taking one of the canoe boats and row around the lake,” Saloni invited.

“No, you two enjoy, besides I don’t want to be a third wheel on a date between husband and wife,” he replied. “I’m fine where I am.” David gave a nod and walked with his wife towards the dock where the canoes were being stationed.  He looked across the lake seeing various people canoeing or on standing paddle boards.  On the far left side of the lake was a large constructed wooden tower where the diving and swimming activities were being held.  He got up from the ground brushing the sand off of his red swim trunks and took his empty water bottle to the recycling bin.  He gave himself a good stretch and stared up at the clear blue sky.  It was the perfect weather to do some outdoor activities.  He scanned across water and spotted Akshara in her teal halter top tankini and swim shorts.  She was busy chatting with a group of co-workers.  His eyes particularly focused on a young doctor named Dev Varma.  He had this nagging feeling that Dev was interested in Akshara.  He furrowed his eyebrows, “Why does it matter?  She can date whoever she wants.  But only after this contract is up.  Yea, only after this year.  That’s the only reason I’m even thinking about this.  Because we cannot let Varsha Aunty know.  She comes by so often I am beginning to feel like she lives there.  It’s because of those darn kachoris that Akshara makes.  Always over for chai.  She’s not some kachori making factory.  Even Ajay stops by and takes home a small box.”  He stopped his pacing, realizing there were some other park visitors not from their group staring at him because had been muttering out loud to himself.  He gave a sheepish grin and walked down one of the docks.  As he got further out he heard a large splash and some laughter.  Soon the laughter subsided and there was a call for help.  He glanced around and noticed a hand in the water waving, “Help!  Someone!  My leg!”  She was distressed as she had separated from her padding board and was having trouble staying afloat. Her head and arms bobbed up and down in the water.  He quickly removed his hoodie and dove into the water swimming towards her. He got to her in time as her head went down.  He dived downward looking for her red swimsuit.  Quickly spotting her he grabbed her arms and pulled her back up to the surface.  “It’s going to be okay Abby,” he said as her arms frantically wrapped his neck.  “I’ve got you.  You hold onto me.”

“It’s my right leg.  I have a cramp,” she breathlessly stated.  “It hurts to move.”

“Okay, Can you move your arms at least with me?  I’ll be right here with you.  We aren’t that far from the shore,” he instructed.  

A few minutes later he lifted her out of the water carrying her to a bench to sit down.  The co-workers who had been paddle boarding had come on shore concerned at what had happened.  David and Saloni, who had yet to get into a canoe, came running up to inspect.

He looked at Abby’s leg and inquired, “Where does it hurt?”

“It’s the calf muscle,” she winced.

He forced her leg straight and placed the palm of his hands on the bottom of her foot and pushed it forward with her toes pointing towards her.  “Here this should stretch it out.  Does it feel better?”

“Yes,” Abby sighed with some relief but grasped the sides of the bench in pain.  “I guess I pushed myself too much yesterday when I exercised.”

“Here is some water,” Akshara offered as she opened the cap to the bottle.

He nodded, “Abby, drink some water it will help the cramp.”  

She listened and took a few sips. “Thanks, Akshara.”

“You think you can stand up?” He asked.  When Abby nodded he carefully helped her stand on her feet with her hands tightly gripping onto his.  “Very good Abby.  Take a step for me?” She stepped forward only to recoil and fall towards him.  He caught her in his arms, her head resting against his chest briefly.  She shyly looked up and apologized.  “It’s okay.  You need to walk it out,” he instructed.  He let her snake her arm around his and use it as a crutch as she took a few steps limping as she went.

“Abby, I’m glad you are okay, “David finally said.

“Abhi, here saved me,” she replied with a smile.  “My hero.”

“Okay, everyone Abby’s good here,” David stated causing the crowd to slowly disperse.

“We can take over from here,” Saloni offered.  He nodded as Abby let go of his arm.  His eyes then glanced to the side to see Akshara was talking to Dev.  He felt his jaw clench and this rising anger within.  His attention was diverted when Abby grabbed his arm again.  “I’m so sorry Abhi,” she sweetly said.

He gave an understanding grin.  “I’ll be here until you can walk on your own.”  

Abby and dev both need to leave Abhira alone.

Thirty minutes later, he was putting his hoodie back on and walking back towards one of the covered picnic benches and grill areas their group was using.  His eyes immediately scanned for Akshara and found her again talking to Dev.  “Does this guy ever leave?” he muttered. He grabbed himself a cold bottle of water from one of the coolers and took a long drink before turning around and walking towards them.  Akshara smiled as he approached, “Hi Abhimanyu.”

You know what, I read tweets (after today's episode) how people do not want to have a jealousy track but I'm digging this Abhi 😆He badly wants to tell dev to back off his girl but situation is complicated.

“Hello,” he replied and slammed his water bottled down very close to Dev’s hand as he sat down at the table.  “Oh sorry Dev. Missed your hand there…seeing.”  

Dev gave a nervous look and said, “It’s okay Dr. Birla.”

“Dev, do you work out?”

“Not regularly.”   

“Exercising is good for your health…running, cycling, weight lifting…I can bench press 200lbs. How much can you bench press?”

“I usually just run,” Dev answered and took an uneasy drink of water. 

He simply nodded and continued, “It can ease the mind…like yoga, tai-chi.  Ever learned a martial art before?” Dev just shook his head in response.  His eyebrows arched in a way that indicated he was secretly passing judgment on him. “You can also work out your aggression.  You ever boxed before?”

“No, but you do?” he shakily asked.  

“Benefits of boxing…improve balance, boost endurance, helps with hand eye coordination…” moving his hand into a jabbing motion.

Dev’s eyes widened when a fist landed a few inches from his face. “Well, it’s been nice talking to you both.  I’m going to go for a swim okay. Bye.”  Dev quickly said and walked as fast as he could away from the picnic area.

🤣

He put his hands down and tried his best to suppress a smile.  When he turned to face Akshara he received a very disapproving look.  “What?” he innocently asked.

“Abhimanyu, you scared Dev away.”

“I did?”  

“Don’t act like you don’t understand,” she replied. "You almost hit him."

"I didnt hit him. I was simply demonstrating. Well, if you are so upset he left you can go after him.  I'm not stopping you. He’s been following you around the entire day.  Like a bee…buzz-buzz.” he stated with annoyance. “I haven’t had a chance to talk to you.”

“You could have gone paddle boarding with us but you chose to stay behind.  Besides, you’ve been busy with Abby.”

“I was helping her with her leg cramp.  Doctor duties.”

“I have no problems with your doctorally duties but Abby was falling and holding onto you a lot,” mimicking Abby’s giggle, “Oh sorry Abhi…tee-hehe…Abhi, my leg still hurts…hehe-hee…Abhi, can you help me walk?  Abhi, Abhi, Abhi…why does she keep calling you Abhi?”

So even Akshara is a jal kukri 😆

“She’s heard David and Saloni call me Abhi.  I told her Abhi is reserved for my close friends.  She said she wanted to be my friend.”

“Oh, I see.  She’s become that close so soon, Abhimanyu?” Akshara peeved and stood up from her chair.

His eyes reflected a look of astonishment at her sudden demeanor and he stood up.  “You know you have the right to call me Abhi.” He then questioned, “Where are you going?  Going to find Dev?”

“No, I am not.  But even if I was, why should it matter who I am going to see?”

“It matters.  What if Varsha Aunty shows up?  Care to explain to her what relationship Dev has with you?”

“What are you saying?” Akshara replied completely perplexed by his comment.  “What does Varsha Aunty have anything to do with this?”    

“You and I know it's pretend but they don't know it's pretend. So we have to keep pretending. So no, Dev can't come over for tea and have kachoris."

"What are you talking about? You are not making any sense, Abhimanyu." The expression on her face was one of pure confusion.

“Abhi,” he corrected.

I mean if Akshara is smart then she will realise he is giving her the right to call him Abhi because he wants to be close friends  😌

“Abhi,” she repeated with an exasperated voice.

"I am airing my grievances. Kachoris, you make them for everyone. Even Ajay gets a box to take home. It's like the apartment has turned into a kachori making factory.  Products keep getting made and packages keep going out of the factory.  Nothing is left inside.  I come home and Varsha Aunty is there. Why is she spending so much time at our house drinking chai? She has a house of her own. She has a husband and a family to take care of.  You don't need to be doing these things. And by the way wash your dishes, don't leave them in the sink."

"I wash them!"

"You pile them up and wash them all at once at night."

"I also do most of the cooking in the house. I cook extra too for you."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "I never asked you to. And you won't stop."

"Because eating out is so unhealthy and a waste of money," she defended. "Are you done or you have anything more to say? Because I have a few things too."

"I can't think of any right now," he huffed.

"First, Abhi, if you want some kachoris all you have to do is ask. I'd make them for you. Secondly, if I cook then you need to wash the dishes. Thirdly, stop leaving your workout towel on the sofa. Every morning you skip rope outside on the back deck. You do some boxing with that punching bag of yours and then you wipe yourself. And then I don't know why you get so distracted while eating your breakfast you leave that sweaty towel on the sofa," making a face, It's disgusting."

They're officially married 😆

"Disgusting? I'm disgusting?" He replied, taking offense. "Anything else Akshu?" He saw her eyes flexed in surprise.  “That’s your nickname right? Oh I’m sorry you don’t consider me close like that, Akshara.”

“Abhi…”

“It’s Abhimanyu.  I’m Abhimanyu,” pointing to himself, “and you are,” pointing to her, “Akshara. Okay. I get it.”

Akshara was left flabbergasted, her mouth opening and closing unable to say anything for a few seconds.  “I don’t know what is wrong with you today.”  She threw her hands up in the air shaking her head and started walking away.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with You today,” he replied.  “Go find whoever you want to hang out with.  I don’t care.”

“I don’t care either!” she shouted back at him.  “Just leave me alone!”

“You leave me alone!  I’ll leave you alone!” he answered back proudly.  

Aw😭

Several hours later while he and his co-workers were starting to pack things up for the day, Saloni walked by and inquired, “Has anyone seen Akshara?” The few members that were in the picnic area shook their heads.  “Abby have you seen Akshara?” She was hobbling over carrying a couple of folding beach chairs from the grill.  “I thought I saw her talking to Dev.”

“Of course she was,” he muttered to himself making David, who was close by raise his eyebrow.

“You aren’t worried?”

“Why should I be if she’s with Dev?” he replied as he finished packing up all the leftover plates, cups, and silverware.

Saloni walked over to David and said with concern, “I’ve checked the restroom to see if anyone from our group was there.  So I could inform them that we were packing up and leaving and she wasn’t there.”

“Abby said she saw her with Dev,” he replied.  “They are probably heading back this way.”

A few minutes later as more people started to come back to back up and say their farewells he was starting to get concerned.  By now she should have shown up.  He walked out with David and they began checking the docks and the swimming area.  The group had mostly stuck to water activities but the park also had a few nature trails and bike routes.  They were between the diving area and the docks.  As they walked their way towards the main sign where the nature trails started they saw Dev walking by himself with a towel hanging around his shoulders, one hand wiping his damp hair.  

He immediately ran up to him and asked “Where is Akshara?”  Dev looked up surprised by the sudden question.  “Abby, said she saw you talking to her.  Were you with her?  Where is she?”

“I had talked to her briefly but that was like a couple of hours ago.  I’ve been swimming,” he replied.

“So you haven’t seen her?”

“She was going for a walk on one of the nature trails,” Dev replied.  “Why?”

“No one has seen her,” David answered.  “She should have been back by now.”

Just then their conversation was interrupted by a young woman with a high ponytail wearing a black one piece swimsuit.  “Hey Dev, you forgot your sunglasses and sunblock.” 

“Oh thanks Julie,” he smiled, taking the things back.

“She’s a friend of my sister’s,” Dev explained.

“So she went on a nature trail hike and you just let her?” He bellowed.  David stepped in between realizing how agitated he was starting to get.

“She said she wanted to be alone.  She really hasn’t come back?”

“Yes, she hasn’t come back.  Do you know what trial she took?” Dev just shook his head.

“Abhi, we will split up and look for her.  Don’t worry.” David turned towards Dev and ordered, “Go back to the picnic area and get whomever is still here and is willing to stay behind and form a search party.  We will have to split up as there are three nature trails.”

“There are also the bike trails,” Dev stated.  “Maybe she took a bike out?  You can rent them here too.”  

“We’ll have some people go there too.  It’s also possible to go hiking on the bike trail as well if you really wanted to.” David replied.

“I’ll be back soon with people,” Dev said and ran off.

“Abhi, it’s going to be okay.  We are going to find her,” placing his hand on his shoulder giving a firm and supportive hold. 

“You’re right we will find her,” he replied trying to remain positive despite the fear swirling inside of him.

This reminds me of mehndi scene where Abhi tells Akshara to get lost and she meets with an accident. That track was my personality fav because that's what made abhi realise he loved her and only her. 

So what exactly happened to Akshara?  Find out in Part 3...coming soon...

Hope you enjoyed! 

I am happy you made this lengthy because I loved reading it. One of my absolute favourite reads here. I'd watch a movie or show based on this. Thank you for tagging me and I do hope Akshara is safe. Looking forward to see how Abhi handles this situation. Tag me again pls pls pls 

My replies in blue above.

Edited by Silveraliax - 2 years ago
MinervaMcG thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lovely looong update...loved it..lot of progress in the story..👌👌So till now he has not been able to taste the world famous kachoris yet..no wonder he fought with her on that 😂😂 both getting possessive about each other unconciously..where is akshara...waiting for the next update..

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Cant highlight in blue for some reason but my responses after the Manjri call and i am her husband line.

Also at the end when I was reminded of mehndi scene.

Edited by Silveraliax - 2 years ago
iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: mudz

They are starting to get possessive about each other! Awesome!

Liked the comfort they share while watching the movies or going out.

Loved it! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment 🤗 Truly motivates me to write. I know this SS is a bit different as I took them out of their YRKKH world and dropped them somewhere else and having them doing some things completely out of character for ITV.

Yes, they are getting use to each other and starting to get possessive about each other.  How long before the charade turns into something more? 😉

iheartChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zenab78

Grace🤗🤗

Fabulous update... I was waiting for it 

They are comfortable now and more like roommates now 

Something is in the air.. Their jealousy 😂😂😂

They started fighting like couples already 

I enjoyed reading it 

Where is Akshara??? I hope she will be fine 

Continue soon

Hi Zenab 🤗

Yes, they are getting comfortable with each other and something is brewing but who will realize first?  Or we have two very slow tubelights 😆

Thanks so much for commenting truly means a lot 😃

iheartChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: chremma

Ahhh such an awesome chapter😍😍😍 Ooh so they are starting to have feelings for each other, and the jealousy..jealous abhi us always a pleasure to watch 😁😁😁

oh and not to forget that pitai of abhi, it was hilarious 🤣🤣🤣poor abhi 

I had fun writing the slap scene of Abhi's 😆 I could picture it happening if Akshara was not in her senses and just panicked 😆 Abhi would be so bewildered.

Thank you so much for posting a comment.  It really means a lot and helps keep me motivated 👍🏼

iheartChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetunidhi.445

It's just tooo good 

Plz write the next soon 

Thank you so much for taking time to comment and I'm so glad you enjoyed it 😃 I'll try my best to post something sooner.

Edited by iheartChai - 2 years ago