Deepika in Gehraiyaan or Alia in Gangubai? - Page 6

Poll

Which is the better performance of year 2022?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

made-in-charms thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Overall as an actor & appeal, I find Deepika ahead of Alia. But in this particular scenario, Alia definitely did a better job. Gangubai was a tougher role to portray and she did it well.

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Exactly....DP's a cutie & sweetie 💔, but we were asked to COMPARE 👍🏼

ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I guess this is like comparing Fault in our stars with John Wick. The genres are completely different. The depth and tone of characters is on two different ends of the spectrum. A courtesan or prostitute role is the best role any lead actress can get. There is so much scope for acting usually. Rekha in Umrao Jaan, Kareena in Chameli, Anushka Shetty in Vedam and Tabu in Chandini Bar. 

I feel Alia was plain and mediocre despite such powerful character. It looked like costume drama by a primary school student. I am sure no one might have heard this but Singer Monali Thakur who is an absolute non-actor did a fantastic job in a film called Laxmi where she played a victim of human trafficking and goes ahead to become a prostitute. Mostly because the film wasn't publicized on the scale of Gangubai and there were no PR hyped false BO numbers. The character of Gangubai is so well written. It has three major transitions from naivety to love lorn vulnerability to excerising extreme power. Yet all you get to see is a person who is struggling to deliver an average performance for such an intense role.

In contrary, the story line of Geheraiyan was so poorly written. It was a half baked story where primary focus was on physical intimacy. It felt like the story was written by a teenager who got horny while writing the story. Deepika could have been so much better and her dialogue delivery was her negative. She seems more focused on the pronunciation of the words right. None the less she carried the film on her shoulder mostly. She carried the breezy new age girl vibe well all throughout.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Deepika in gehraiyaan. 

I don't watch movies based on life of a prostitute🤢

some12know thumbnail

if you look at the acting, maybe alia looks good at acting, but if you look at the real thing, Deepika Padukone doesn't look like she's acting, she looks like herself.

some12know thumbnail

You are right. Deepika is versatile actor. 

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Dono bhi theek nahi hai---koi pasand nahi aya--waste of time and bored😆

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

DP's versatility will take her a long way ... 😃