Not bad for a first episode

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Surprisingly, not bad. Though I felt something was a bit off with the pacing of the show for some reason. Nonetheless, it was a nice joint effort to have an episode where you observe the flashbacks vs present situation. 

Especially the intro of the burning a pot only to catch in a different flashback frame. And the lullaby that was played in the background while the mother's simplicity & saadghi was appealing for some reason though I felt it was a bit too much for some reason at certain places. 

I loved the young kids. 🥰 🥰 Especially the kid who played Yug. Lol, ek dusre ke ears hold before holding onto their own hahaha. 😂 The bantering between the mother and the maid was nice. 

Will admit, the pairing of Ronit and Sangeeta is divergent in terms of the pairing dynamics for some reason --- quite underrated with a Punjabi touch. I'm not a Punjabi but seeing non-Punjabis get the essence in a decent manner was nicely enacted. 

Also, good to see a separate fatherly flashback with Mr. Bedi. Usually, more of strict behavior is observed but there is definitely a sensitive and jovial side of fathers whose execution is nice to see. 

The mother seems cognizant over but somehow views it as more motherly thing to break the fixed deposit while the father opposes this action before hesitatingly giving in. 

Lol, Nakul seems to be the more special one amongst the three kiddos. And the parents do seem obvious to reality but seems like they still wish to communicate with nawabzaade Nakul ji over his birthday. Ditto looks like a ghar jamai but based in NY. smiley36

Sets and cinematography seem to be centered, I guess, with the forthcoming paralysis and drama with the adult kids. Even the convo over learning to pay the bills seemed to foreshadow early ahead. Even there seems to be financial issues over the insurance + Yug asking for money for his endeavors. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Hey myrah what's up😳

Here is my review 

Finished watching SG.. i don't know what IF review was talking about caz I toh liked it throughly. infact on the contrary i did not find it that dramatic it was very nicely balanced i felt and a Look into the lives of Swarn and Bedi saab.. their romance adn relationship was shown oh so nicely.. hahha isme bhi inak song is jo vaada kia woh nibhana padega and iw as like reminded of your mix smiley36

their naukrani is such a sweetheart too and i liked her bond with the both of them how they treat her like family. surprisingly the kitty party ladies were  actually nice women too not just sitting ot gossip shock shockl.. and behaved liek normal friends peers at Nakuul ka birthday..

the sons are meh alrightish.. nobody cares but i did like ke Bedi saab know them exactly what they are and what they willl do but the mom is  extra protective and a bit in delusion in regards to her kids despite their rudeness and doesn't want to accept their coldness .. looks like yeh nakul ka sasural is the padosi.. that loser was so rude to his mom but was such lovey dovey to sasumaa who also video called mehh bhaad main jaayein

these are the sidey things on supporting cast and setupnow coming to the main thing.. seems like there is some financial trouble looming over them and ek hi FD hai jo bete ko chahoye for some casting couch and Bedi saab needs too for some insuarance jhamela and he has to hide the file.. absolutly adored the scene in gurdwara such a serene but honest talk about the kids and finance . mr bedi ka staright up nope and her nahi meri hai and his nope but even you need it for emergencies and other things and saying the harsh reality of their kids but she got offended and ended with i have 3 golden Fd's my sons and eventually Mr bedi giving in..

hahha mr bedi doesn't like her in pheeke rang toh he goty her dresed in the red sari and all  and sent her to her kitty party woh balcony scene did had the bitter sweet last goodbye feel but liked the wya he found a way to cheer swarn by them both wishing each other happy birthday as inka bhi new janam hua as parents..

the naunces and layering is all there there are some moments that really tug at your heart even though one can predict what is to come probably. i perosnally got invested and felt like i know these characters..

sangeeta looked so pretty and did so well .. they have balanced woh so many emotional ups and downs in this very well for both kanwal and Swarn.. they had a low moment but they instantly cheered each other and Got on with their day

the  sets and all look grand paisa lagaya hai and i am actually happy that for a change the punjabi came naturally and wasn't feeling jarring like they usually make it sound with hindi mix when ronit spoke the punajbi lines he fully spoke them in punjabi then switched to hindi rather then broken hindi and punjabi so that worked.. the bachapan wale scenes were nicely doenm to give us the peak into how they raised the kids..

the only thing is lol if they are so well off itna bada ghar and all toh how did she got poor and all haha but anyway.. for nwo i personallyy liekd the Tehraav in the show and did not find it ott.. 

now we are left on cliff hanger with bete ka accident swarn ki hchki ad it emans somethign happened to son but actually probably something happened to Kanwal.. i am also curious did it happen naturally or he did soemthign since they did mention ke swarn will get insuarance money only if somethign happenes to him.. and a burnign pyre..  very good stuff i would give it 4/5

this one has a lot of material to actually talk about let the discussion start..

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 2 years ago
kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

loved the feed back yes it opens up your thinking what might have happened or what its going to be happen .

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail
Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Hey myrah what's up😳

Here is my review 

Finished watching SG.. i don't know what IF review was talking about caz I toh liked it throughly. infact on the contrary i did not find it that dramatic it was very nicely balanced i felt and a Look into the lives of Swarn and Bedi saab.. their romance adn relationship was shown oh so nicely.. hahha isme bhi inak song is jo vaada kia woh nibhana padega and iw as like reminded of your mix smiley36

their naukrani is such a sweetheart too and i liked her bond with the both of them how they treat her like family. surprisingly the kitty party ladies were  actually nice women too not just sitting ot gossip shock shockl.. and behaved liek normal friends peers at Nakuul ka birthday..

the sons are meh alrightish.. nobody cares but i did like ke Bedi saab know them exactly what they are and what they willl do but the mom is  extra protective and a bit in delusion in regards to her kids despite their rudeness and doesn't want to accept their coldness .. looks like yeh nakul ka sasural is the padosi.. that loser was so rude to his mom but was such lovey dovey to sasumaa who also video called mehh bhaad main jaayein

these are the sidey things on supporting cast and setupnow coming to the main thing.. seems like there is some financial trouble looming over them and ek hi FD hai jo bete ko chahoye for some casting couch and Bedi saab needs too for some insuarance jhamela and he has to hide the file.. absolutly adored the scene in gurdwara such a serene but honest talk about the kids and finance . mr bedi ka staright up nope and her nahi meri hai and his nope but even you need it for emergencies and other things and saying the harsh reality of their kids but she got offended and ended with i have 3 golden Fd's my sons and eventually Mr bedi giving in..

hahha mr bedi doesn't like her in pheeke rang toh he goty her dresed in the red sari and all  and sent her to her kitty party woh balcony scene did had the bitter sweet last goodbye feel but liked the wya he found a way to cheer swarn by them both wishing each other happy birthday as inka bhi new janam hua as parents..

the naunces and layering is all there there are some moments that really tug at your heart even though one can predict what is to come probably. i perosnally got invested and felt like i know these characters..

sangeeta looked so pretty and did so well .. they have balanced woh so many emotional ups and downs in this very well for both kanwal and Swarn.. they had a low moment but they instantly cheered each other and Got on with their day

the  sets and all look grand paisa lagaya hai and i am actually happy that for a change the punjabi came naturally and wasn't feeling jarring like they usually make it sound with hindi mix when ronit spoke the punajbi lines he fully spoke them in punjabi then switched to hindi rather then broken hindi and punjabi so that worked.. the bachapan wale scenes were nicely doenm to give us the peak into how they raised the kids..

the only thing is lol if they are so well off itna bada ghar and all toh how did she got poor and all haha but anyway.. for nwo i personallyy liekd the Tehraav in the show and did not find it ott.. 

now we are left on cliff hanger with bete ka accident swarn ki hchki ad it emans somethign happened to son but actually probably something happened to Kanwal.. i am also curious did it happen naturally or he did soemthign since they did mention ke swarn will get insuarance money only if somethign happenes to him.. and a burnign pyre..  very good stuff i would give it 4/5

this one has a lot of material to actually talk about let the discussion start..

Hi NM! I'm good, how are you? Hope all is good. 👋 👋 

Definitely, the ending wasn't as bad as it've been anticipated, completely normal behavior. Yeah, the bright colors vs dull color of clothes/saree was a nice moment. Even the jewelry adorning one. 

Even the parents wishing each other happy birthday, as they were both born as parents was nice. It's especially nice to see a father also be acknowledged as a co-parent, alongside the bittersweet pain that came along but they didn't share it verbally. 

Haan, ending ka, it did feel like a cliff hanger moment. Let's see. 👍🏼