Debate Mansion

Sonam kapoor lost her mind

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Oh for fcuks sake there’s nothing wrong with that analogy. Sonam says a lot of sodumb things but this ain’t one of them unless you already have preconceived notions formed in your mind against Muslims. Also I am not a Muslim, I am a Hindu-Buddhist, feminist, far leftist. I will defend any woman’s rights to wear whatever the heck she wants, whether that be a burka or a bikini. Stop policing women’s clothes. 

Edited by Chameli_billi - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Panga.gang

She has crossed the line by comparing turban with burkha. How can she be so insensitive. I would understand if a random troll said something so gross.   

The lenghth these wokes go to, to defend burqa...which women world over are fighting and dying to get rid of. One would think being woke and liberal, she would be dead against something which is a symbol of women oppression but she is actually supporting it. I woudn't say that i am surprised that she and taliban are on the same side but still....has she no shame AT ALL?

Please investigate her reasoning for saying this. She is using an example as they are both religious symbols- which is integral to their religions. Many women CHOOSE not to use the hijab (NOT the burqa) and more power to them but it is about the PRECEDENT this is setting. What will come tomorrow? Govt telling us we cant wear dhaaga, teeka, kadda?

Supari_khala thumbnail

Double post

Edited by Chameli_billi - 2 years ago
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

There is a reason she is called SoDumb, she will always stay one.

Taify thumbnail

Women should have the right to wear whatever they want to: burkha, saree, monokini.. Learn that. we dont decide what they should or shouldn't wear.

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Chameli_billi

Oh for fcuks sake there’s nothing wrong with that analogy. Sonam says a lot of sodumb things but this ain’t one of them unless you already have preconceived notions formed in your mind against Muslims. Also I am not a Muslim, I am a Hindu-Buddhist, feminist, far  leftist but I will defend any woman’s rights to wear whatever the heck she wants, whether that be a burka or a bikini. Stop policing women’s clothes. 

Exactly! You said it perfectly. Many things to criticise Sonam for but this is not one of them. 

I can already tell this thread is about to become a clusterf*ck of "Jehadi this" and "Muslims that"  and "Pakistani influence" but this is really about allowing the woman to choose. Who are we? or who is the state for that matter to tell ANY WOMAN what to wear and eat? 

And please dont imagine that you or me or anyone else speaks for women- it really is their choice if they want to wear a hijab or a bikini or tankini or whatever. Imagining that all of them are doing so under the pressure of some hyper conservative patriarch just because they are Muslim is the WORST kind of prejudice.

monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Sashay01

Please investigate her reasoning for saying this. She is using an example as they are both religious symbols- which is integral to their religions. Many women CHOOSE not to use the hijab (NOT the burqa) and more power to them but it is about the PRECEDENT this is setting. What will come tomorrow? Govt telling us we cant wear dhaaga, teeka, kadda?

There are many governments who have banned burkhas in their countries. India is not among them, so take it easy.

Schools have uniform for a reason. People can go to schools which allows all religious symbols, no one will stop them.

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I don't get this hate. 

I understand both point of views to be honest. 

Yes there are women in the world (Iran comes to mind) who are forced to wear hijab and yes there are women who are very passionate about their religious beliefs and it is an important practice for them to wear hijab. 

We have to respect both choices. This is what my stand is.

https://twitter.com/yogitabhayana/status/1491074346831716355?s=20&t=ccjq8qoZhIZsY-A92xAP3w 

"Agar hijab ko nochoge to hijab ke sath hoon, hijab thopoge to hijab ke khilaf hoon!!"

Edited by Gul_9 - 2 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sashay01

Exactly! You said it perfectly. Many things to criticise Sonam for but this is not one of them. 

I can already tell this thread is about to become a clusterf*ck of "Jehadi this" and "Muslims that"  and "Pakistani influence" but this is really about allowing the woman to choose. Who are we? or who is the state for that matter to tell ANY WOMAN what to wear and eat? 

And please dont imagine that you or me or anyone else speaks for women- it really is their choice if they want to wear a hijab or a bikini or tankini or whatever. Imagining that all of them are doing so under the pressure of some hyper conservative patriarch just because they are Muslim is the WORST kind of prejudice.

I agree. I have had liberal college professors comfortably wear the hijab and teach. I have never seen anything a woman wears as a sign of oppression unless I knew it was forced upon her. I guarantee you that the people who make blanket statements about hijab being a sigh of oppression for all women will also be the first ones to criticize women for wearing a slightly revealing bikini at a beach. It’s not the clothing that’s to blame, it’s their mind.

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Gul_9

I don't get this hate. 

I understand both point of views to be honest. 

Yes there are women in the world (Iran comes to mind) who are forced to wear hijab and yes there are women who are very passionate about their religious beliefs and it is an important practice for them to wear hijab. 

We have to respect both choices. This is what my stand is.

https://twitter.com/yogitabhayana/status/1491074346831716355?s=20&t=ccjq8qoZhIZsY-A92xAP3w 

"Agar hijab ko nochoge to hijab ke sath hoon, hijab thopoge to hijab ke khilaf hoon!!"

I was just thinking about this ..

And bold:  Perfectly said!! Agree with this 100%.