khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Noorjehan was changed by Lata Mangeshkar. Geeta Dutt by Asha Bhsole, and Alka Yagnik by Shreya Ghoshal. Here is how. In the closing years of the Nineties and the opening years the 2000s, Alka Yagnik dominated the feminine-playback singing enviornment. After Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle, Alka was No.1. An incident throughout the recording of a duet with Udit Narayan for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Hum…Dil De Chuke Sanam modified Alka’s fortunes.

According to eyewitnesses she refused to document the tune until she was paid in advance. An eyewitness experiences, “Sanjay Bhansali’s production team was short on cash that day. They requested she defer the payment for a few days. To everyone’s shock Alka refused point-blank. ‘Paise nahin toh gana nahin,’ were her words. Of course the cash was arranged somehow. And she sang the duet ‘Chand Chupa Baadal Mein’ with Udit Narayan, and went away with her money. But that was the end of Alka in Bhansali’s cinema.”

Alka Yagnik was supposed to sing all of the songs of Hum….Dil Chuke Sanam. She ended up singing just one. The relaxation had been achieved by Kavita Karishnamurthy.

For his subsequent opus Devdas, Sanjay Bhansali was decided to discover a voice in the Lata Mangeshkar mould to exchange Yagnik. This is when Shreya Ghoshal met Sanjay Bhansali.

“Bhansali immediately sensed her talent, began grooming and modulating her voice, working on her Bengali diction, etc.,” says the supply.

The relaxation as they are saying is historical past.

https://dksnewsonline.com/2022/01/17/shreya-ghoshal-owes-her-career-to-alka-yagnik-alka-refused-to-sing-until-sanjay-leela-bhansali-paid-her-in-advance-bollywood-news-bollywood-hungama/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=shreya-ghoshal-owes-her-career-to-alka-yagnik-alka-refused-to-sing-until-sanjay-leela-bhansali-paid-her-in-advance-bollywood-news-bollywood-hungama

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Greedy? She was being professional.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

What's greedy about it? She was aware of artists not getting paid on time.. and dhakke khaana alag so made a rule, Paise nahin toh gana nahin.

khan.baba thumbnail

there are people like rafi , sonu who never demand money for good work , people tells the story of rafi days and one such story is for this song where sonu returned back the amount to aadesh shrivastav by saying such beautiful song ase ganay ke koi keemat nahi hote , 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pq7ZK5FfzQ

same happened with kal ho na ho recording he didnt took the money for the song ,,

so demanding the money in advance is something really odd i think , kumar sanu had the issue of money with yash chopra during DDLJ and yash chopra didnt worked with him after that 

khan.baba thumbnail

so the actual case was explaned in the first comment in more detail way of bawri piya ki song

Tapan Pattani

1 year ago

Sonu nigam was called by adesh Srivastava for this song . And when the recording was completed, B R Chopra gave Sonu nigam his cheque, Sonu returned the cheque! Chopra felt may be he has given less amount as he did not know the market rate of singer so he said sorry . I am giving you higher amount, to which Sonu replied, this song is timeless and I was literally feeling the song while singing. Some composition are beyond any monetary obligation and this is one my finest songs so I won't charge anything ️️.  "

Edited by Arsalan_khan - 2 years ago
magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Wow, never heard of this incident before.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

so the actual case was explaned in the first comment in more detail way of bawri piya ki song

Tapan Pattani

1 year ago

Sonu nigam was called by adesh Srivastava for this song . And when the recording was completed, B R Chopra gave Sonu nigam his cheque, Sonu returned the cheque! Chopra felt may be he has given less amount as he did not know the market rate of singer so he said sorry . I am giving you higher amount, to which Sonu replied, this song is timeless and I was literally feeling the song while singing. Some composition are beyond any monetary obligation and this is one my finest songs so I won't charge anything ️️.  "

Basically this post had nothing to do with Alka but rather was intended to somehow bring Sonu into the equation just to make him look like a humanitarian singer who sings for free. 😆

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Sonu Nigam ke mahaanta pe book honi chahiye...like 100 ways to be Mahaan like Sonu Bhaiyaa (not Sonu Sood) or Mahaanta ki Khoj by Sonu Nigam.

On topic, there is nothing unprofessional to demand what is yours. Alka wasn't doing for charity. And it's nothing new artists not getting paid properly. Most of the time people go unpaid. They have a family to run. If Alka demanded money beforehand, nothing wrong in that.

altgr thumbnail

Nothing wrong in that.

But it's unfortunate that she missed so many iconic songs.

BTW Chand Chupa Badal Me is not the last song Alka sang for SLB movie, she had one song in Saawariya.

Taify thumbnail

Alka sang O RE SAJEELA from Saawariya, a Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie.. so umm?