Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

It worked because of the music, shahid-kiara chemistry and Shahid's performance. But yeah, it became a sensation because most people loved seeing alpha male hero doing questionable stuff that the film does try to pass off as cool.🤔

I found the film to be a one time watch, mainly because the story isn't that great (most of it is the lead guy throwing bizzare temper tantrums on screen 😆) and while the chemistry was good, I did not connect with Preety's character AT ALL. You want to tell me such women do exist who would fall in love with a guy like Kabir Singh without a word of protest?? 

I would be freaked out if some senior dude announces that he owns me on the first day of college like they showed in the film, no matter how hot the guy is 😆

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Devdas ko kuch kyon nahi bolta saala shadi k din Paro ko sarr pe maarta hai aur phir dialogue marta hai ki pyaar ki nishani hai  abe sale 😆

Which is why it ended in tragedy. 

The hero has a flaw that is his undoing & thus has tragic consequences for him and those connected to him. 

There is no similarity between the two. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Journey95

Meanwhile Kabir Singh gets a disney ending basically. Kabir Singh would have been better if it had a dark ending

I think many people do believe in the pervasive, obsessive meaning of love. Because it gives them free pass to excuse own behaviour/ thinking. For them, is

love “ownership”. So it’s not really a relationship at all. A relationship demands effort. Here it shows they can get away with everything & still get the girl, it’s okay. So it makes them feel better. If it’s in the name of “love”, it can’t be wrong. True love demands sacrifice, understanding, willingness to mould/ change for the partner,  and they are too weak for it. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Maybe the audience found it entertaining? I don't know, it has some good songs and Shahid's performance was brilliant.I know this movie has evoked mixed feelings in people but I would like to add my 2 cents on it- When I went to watch this movie I didn't find it that good, it was okayish and at that time even I thought that the male lead was indeed an a**hole and was being glorified, as before that I mostly read negative reviews about it. But then I read some other reviews with a different perspective and my opinions kinda changed. Firstly, the main character is supposed to be flawed, the writer showed his development graph too, that doesn't mean that he was being glorified or anything. I read some feedbacks where he was termed a "misogynist", I wouldn't necessarily call him that, because he had a problematic nature and was kinda rude towards other people irrespective of their gender. But then he saw Preeti,fell in love with her simplicity, and she equally reciprocated his advances, because she liked him too. Now the movie was shown through Kabir's perspective, not Preeti's, and Kabir Singh was indeed a super flawed difficult guy, who suffered consequences of his actions, nobody is supposed to take inspiration from him obviously, but he did learn something from his mistakes and towards the end we got a happy ending, because it was just a movie about two people who fell in love, got separated due to circumstances, and united at the end,now I am a sucker for happy endings so I am not complaining 😆 Of course the movie showed a lot of offensive stuff which many people do have a problem with, because such behaviour wouldn't be accepted in real life scenarios, but it showed some good things too, like how at the end when he saw Preeti again, heavily pregnant, he thought the child wasn't his still he was ready to accept it and be with her, how many people in real life would do such a thing? Not many I am sure. I know in today's woke culture, most of the things are seen in either black or white, but it shouldn't always be the case IMO. Kabir Singh is an example. And movies are supposed to be just movies, they should only be seen for entertainment, unko itna seriously lene ki zarurat nai hoti 😆 And of course people have their preferences and can like a movie for different reasons.

Edited by infinity101 - 2 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Kabir Singh/Arjun Reddy is the story of an individual with many problems and all his relationships were problematic not just with the woman he loved but with everyone who is connected with him be it with his family members or his friends.

The original film Arjun Reddy is a huge hit in Telugu. But in Telugu the movie seemed to have been perceived differently. It was seen as a journey of a flawed individual.

This movie came along when movie heroes are shown as angels who come to rescue people in distress. A story of a flawed man in the lead was a novelty and a welcome change.

I think Telugu audience saw him as just a flawed man who screwed up his life and relationships and how he redeemed himself.

Of course the chemistry of the ML and the girl who played his GF also added to its success.

Now this is a different and good perspective 👍🏼 You summed it up well. 

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

I watched it just to know what all the hullabaloo was about... it had good songs, top notch acting by Shahid, I quite liked it... smiley36

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Comments in this thread were hella funny 🤣

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Kabir Singh was entertaining and a one time watch.

It is a movie, very flawed one but a movie nonetheless with great music, it had emotion, drama, family everything

The main problem was that a few so called woke liberals started condemning the people who liked the movie, as though if you liked the movie either you were like Kabir Singh or supported his actions, you could watch and like a movie without liking the main character.

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

You are the one talking about garbage topics, your thread is the perfect example.

Chandramukhi was literally a prostitute and you think a rich snob like Devdas (the movie takes place in the early 1900s as well, remember) would treat her good? That seems different than Kabir Singh (taking place in the present time) treating women in general badly and attempting rape.

The important part is that the movie didn't glorify him considering his downward spiral and ending. Paro didn't just run away with him when he wanted to. He lost his family due to him becoming an unhinged alcoholic & he died alone.

Meanwhile Kabir Singh gets a disney ending basically. Kabir Singh would have been better if it had a dark ending

Kyon tawaif insaan nahi hote hai kya , tawaif k koti mein thakurs kyon jaate hai, sala yeh udar jaata hai aur uska insult kara rehta hai 

Nalayak devdas pehle ghar se bhaaga, try bhi nahi kiya paro se shadi karne k liye , shadi k din aakar paro ko maarta hai aur khud rote rote uski shadi karata hai, kaisa fattoo aadmi hai ye 😆

phir 10 feet ka dhoti pehenkar pita rehta hai aur kote mein vella baita rehta tha 

Kabir singh suicide karne vala tha apni ladki k liye aur pant mein susu karta hai,  shadi ki khabar sun kar hi dhaudkar aata hai par ladki ki shadi ho jaati hai

Daaru pita rehta hai phir bhi Doctori karta hai aur logon ki jaan bachayi

Aur itta acha hai ki apne married girlfriend k baby ko bhi apna ne k liye tayyar ho jaata hai, usko pharak nahi pada ki bacche ka baap koi aur ho

Isse kehte hai sacha pyar 

Doctor Kabir singh is better person than vella devdas 

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Which is why it ended in tragedy. 

The hero has a flaw that is his undoing & thus has tragic consequences for him and those connected to him. 

There is no similarity between the two. 

Bhai thappad toh ladki bhi maari thi usko 

suicide karne vala tha aur pant mein susu kar daala 

Ek do saal daaru peekar ghum raha tha par kaam bhi karta tha, apni drinking problem se doctor ka license bhi shayad chala gaya ek saal k liye, he paid his dues aur itta acha insaan tha ki apne pregnant married ex ka bacha tak apnane ko tayyar tha

bole toh Kabir singh dev manus hai 

Edited by PardesiBabu - 2 years ago