Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Devdas ko kuch kyon nahi bolta saala shadi k din Paro ko sarr pe maarta hai aur phir dialogue marta hai ki pyaar ki nishani hai  abe sale 😆

Garbage argument as expected from you. Devdas was never rewarded, he died in a pathetic way and lost everything. 

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Journey95

Garbage argument as expected from you. Devdas was never rewarded, he died in a pathetic way and lost everything. 

garbage argument kisko bol raha hai sale,  garbage topic banana bandh kar pehle 

Kabir singh daaru pita tha par kaam bhi karta tha, doctor tha woh,  devdas sirf daaru pikar kote pe baitha tha tabhi ladki nahi mili usko 😆

Edited by PardesiBabu - 2 years ago

garbage argument kisko bol raha hai sale,  garbage topic banana bandh kar pehle 

Kabir singh daaru pita tha par kaam bhi karta tha, doctor tha woh,  devdas sirf daaru pikar kote pe baitha tha tabhi ladki nahi mili usko 😆

You react to every topic and post that goes against your shitty opinion as "garbage". Meanwhile you made a thread where 99% of the posts are you circlejerking over Katrina's supposed greatness...lol. Take your own advice

Anyway the point is that Devdas wasn't glorified and paid for his mistakes, meanwhile Kabir Singh was even more toxic (literally tries to rape a woman) and still got the girl and there were no real consequences

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

You react to every topic and post that goes against your shitty opinion as "garbage". Meanwhile you made a thread where 99% of the posts are you circlejerking over Katrina's supposed greatness...lol. Take your own advice

Anyway the point is that Devdas wasn't glorified and paid for his mistakes, meanwhile Kabir Singh was even more toxic (literally tries to rape a woman) and still got the girl and there were no real consequences

Katrina se kitta obsessed hai re Tu, ek thread se itta jal raha hai 😆

dola re dola re gaana glorify nahi kar raha tha kya aur devdas toh itte gande gande comments karta hai chandramukhi pe paise bhi phekta hai 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It was a great movie 🍿 

Katrina se kitta obsessed hai re Tu, ek thread se itta jal raha hai 😆

dola re dola re gaana glorify nahi kar raha tha kya aur devdas toh itte gande gande comments karta hai chandramukhi pe paise bhi phekta hai 

You are the one talking about garbage topics, your thread is the perfect example.

Chandramukhi was literally a prostitute and you think a rich snob like Devdas (the movie takes place in the early 1900s as well, remember) would treat her good? That seems different than Kabir Singh (taking place in the present time) treating women in general badly and attempting rape.

The important part is that the movie didn't glorify him considering his downward spiral and ending. Paro didn't just run away with him when he wanted to. He lost his family due to him becoming an unhinged alcoholic & he died alone.

Meanwhile Kabir Singh gets a disney ending basically. Kabir Singh would have been better if it had a dark ending

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

You are the one talking about garbage topics, your thread is the perfect example.

Chandramukhi was literally a prostitute and you think a rich snob like Devdas (the movie takes place in the early 1900s as well, remember) would treat her good? That seems different than Kabir Singh (taking place in the present time) treating women in general badly and attempting rape.

The important part is that the movie didn't glorify him considering his downward spiral and ending. Paro didn't just run away with him when he wanted to. He lost his family due to him becoming an unhinged alcoholic & he died alone.

Meanwhile Kabir Singh gets a disney ending basically. Kabir Singh would have been better if it had a dark ending

The last line is lit!

But the movie wouldn't have worked if it had a dark ending. It showed there is always hope in the end and whatever past you had, circumstances will be in your favour. Like being rewarded. It was only handsome and cute face Shahid that everyone felt chalta hai, forgive him vibes otherwise I don't know how people find Vijay Deverakonda Anaconda good looking. I know its subjective but imagining him in place of Shahid in the end would have been me throwing chappals in theatres haha. 

Edited by moonv - 2 years ago
Originally posted by: moonv

The last line is lit!

But the movie wouldn't have worked if it had a dark ending. It showed there is always hope in the end and whatever past you had, circumstances will be in your favour. Like being rewarded. It was only handsome and cute face Shahid that everyone felt chalta hai, forgive him vibes otherwise I don't know how people find Vijay Deverakonda Anaconda good looking. I know its subjective but imagining him in place of Shahid in the end would have been me throwing chappals in theatres haha. 

Fair point but I wanted to see at least more remorse from Shahid's character and trying to get her back, instead it happened just too easily and felt rushed.

And yeah if it wasn't an attractive actor I think the reaction would have been different but then again wasn't the original Kabir Singh also rather successful? 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There is always a market in every industry for an aggressive alpha hero who puts the heroine in her place and is worshiped by all and sundry around him. So long as he has swag he can get away with anything. Even Munna Bhaiya from Mirzapur who murdered his self-proclaimed one-and-only-love Sweety for the sin of marrying his rival has fans. Though that character is shown as flawed in the 1st season a lot of whitewashing was done to make him more palatable in the 2nd season.The sheer number of male teenagers who worship such characters is immense all over India. Which is worrying.

To be fair Shahid gave a good performance. But I'd have appreciated the movie if they had shown him as flawed instead of glorifying him all the way.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago
AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

If you are bad but have one good quality it is ok, in fact you should be worshipped.

If you are good but somehow have one less good quality, it is not okay, in fact you should be buried.  

This is why Karna is more popular than Arjun right now.

This is why Kabir Singh and Arjun Reddy were successful.