Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

How did a movie like Kabir Singh become so successful? - Page 4

Posted: 2 years ago

This content was originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Kyon tawaif insaan nahi hote hai kya , tawaif k koti mein thakurs kyon jaate hai, sala yeh udar jaata hai aur uska insult kara rehta hai 

Nalayak devdas pehle ghar se bhaaga, try bhi nahi kiya paro se shadi karne k liye , shadi k din aakar paro ko maarta hai aur khud rote rote uski shadi karata hai, kaisa fattoo aadmi hai ye 😆

phir 10 feet ka dhoti pehenkar pita rehta hai aur kote mein vella baita rehta tha 

Kabir singh suicide karne vala tha apni ladki k liye aur pant mein susu karta hai,  shadi ki khabar sun kar hi dhaudkar aata hai par ladki ki shadi ho jaati hai

Daaru pita rehta hai phir bhi Doctori karta hai aur logon ki jaan bachayi

Aur itta acha hai ki apne married girlfriend k baby ko bhi apna ne k liye tayyar ho jaata hai, usko pharak nahi pada ki bacche ka baap koi aur ho

Isse kehte hai sacha pyar 

Doctor Kabir singh is better person than vella devdas 

Devdas is a bengali Romance novel and there have been all sorts of movies and remakes on it. If you have a problem with Dev's character, that's on the original author. Just like Romeo and Juliet is a Shakespeare classic play, Devdas is a classic novel where a guy loses his love and drinks himself to death. They might play around with the details but basic elements stay the same in every version of the movie cuz it's a period piece based on a book from an era when love and life were done differently, and different values were prioritized.

Kabir Singh, on the other hand, came out just a couple of years back, and managed to woo the audience with its rape culture, to put it simply. Do you even remember the first scene of that movie where he holds a knife to a girl's throat to let him f&&& her?!!!  yeah, i didn't think so. Otherwise, you wouldn't be advocating so hard for Kabir Singh's character here. 

Kabir Singh is a demented, deranged, misogynistic rebel without a cause despite having full family support, despite being a school topping surgeon and despite being a top athlete of this school at the same time, cuz he had a chemical defect in his head and he should have been institutionalized, but instead, he was allowed to wreak havoc everywhere like a raging bull and even managed to kill a patient while performing a surgery drunk! 🤔  

Kabir Singh worked cuz Shahid has a face that can get away with murder and it's fun to watch a complete trainwreck onscreen every once in a while. 😆 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: PardesiBabu

Bhai thappad toh ladki bhi maari thi usko 

suicide karne vala tha aur pant mein susu kar daala 

Ek do saal daaru peekar ghum raha tha par kaam bhi karta tha, apni drinking problem se doctor ka license bhi shayad chala gaya ek saal k liye, he paid his dues aur itta acha insaan tha ki apne pregnant married ex ka bacha tak apnane ko tayyar tha

bole toh Kabir singh dev manus hai 

Kabir ko jo maara, woh thappad deserved tha. Kabir ne bina wajah usko thappad maara tha. Isko physical abuse bolte hai. 

Aur Kabir treated her like an object, never gave her any respect. College mein bhi gundagardi karte phirta tha, class ke beech mein se usko utha ke le gaya. Kahan baithna hai, kisse baat karna hai sab bataya. 

He was an abusive, controlling and toxic moron. Devdas bhi ye sab tha. I have no love for Devdas. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Mahisa_22

Kabir ko jo maara, woh thappad deserved tha. Kabir ne bina wajah usko thappad maara tha. Isko physical abuse bolte hai. 

Aur Kabir treated her like an object, never gave her any respect. College mein bhi gundagardi karte phirta tha, class ke beech mein se usko utha ke le gaya. Kahan baithna hai, kisse baat karna hai sab bataya. 

He was an abusive, controlling and toxic moron. Devdas bhi ye sab tha. I have no love for Devdas. 

If someone asked me with whom I'd feel safer stuck in an elevator, my answer would be Dev, certainly not Kabir.😆  And for that reason alone, I think Dev is less toxic than Kabir.

Dev was so, so, so passive, he would have done well to borrow some of that aggression from Kabir to get things done, such as stealing the bride on her wedding day, true DDLJ style.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Kabir Singh, on the other hand, came out just a couple of years back, and managed to woo the audience with its rape culture, to put it simply. Do you even remember the first scene of that movie where he holds a knife to a girl's throat to let him f&&& her?!!!  yeah, i didn't think so. Otherwise, you wouldn't be advocating so hard for Kabir Singh's character here. 

Kabir Singh is a demented, deranged, misogynistic rebel without a cause despite having full family support, despite being a school topping surgeon and despite being a top athlete of this school at the same time, cuz he had a chemical defect in his head and he should have been institutionalized, but instead, he was allowed to wreak havoc everywhere like a raging bull and even managed to kill a patient while performing a surgery drunk! 🤔  

Kabir Singh worked cuz Shahid has a face that can get away with murder and it's fun to watch a complete trainwreck onscreen every once in a while. 😆 

Err kabir dosent kill a patient while being drunk as far as I know …the patient he performs a procedure on while drunk, is said to be alive 

From what I saw , He’s called in on his off day for an emergency because the oncall doctor dosent respond …he refuses initially coz he’s drunk but goes to the hospital on the nurses insistence …he directs his staff to treat the patient and he collapses midway through the procedure …the hospital then decides to file a case against him for negligence also in a bid to protect themselves ..the nurses and staff refuse to testify against him …the lawyer hired by Kabirs brother also says his patient is alive and his other patients and academics give him glowing testimonials 

When kabir “admits” in the court proceedings , he admits to being drunk during the procedure I.e negligence since the lawyer asked him to lie saying he was fully conscious …

That’s why he only loses his license instead of going to jail ..

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Because it was a well made movie with fab story , acting and music . 

Yes the male lead is very aggressive and has issues but that is again a movie and there are men like that . 
Not saying Kabir s character is correct in fact it’s the opposite . 

One can’t make preachy movie only on “good hearted “ people . 

In the end it is just a piece of art and not to be emulated . 

Taify thumbnail

Because it was a good movie. Period. We watch movies for entertainment and this was entertaining. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Even if I ignore all the problematic elements about the film, the movie is fucking boring! 

It's too long and drags alot. I'm all okay for watching movies with problematic leads but it should hold my attention. Even the music is not something great except Bekhayali imo, but I can still see it's appeal. 

But the movie is not entertaining. The romance is weird and watching the guy drown in self-pity is not my idea of entertainment. Makes me think it's really the misogyny which appealed to most of the audience. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Taify

Because it was a good movie. Period. We watch movies for entertainment and this was entertaining. 

You can watch it twice in the same day 😎

Maroonporsche thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: moonv

Well everyone loves it. Even women. 

I think women surrounded my cinema to watch it. More than dudes 🤣

Festival thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: infinity101

Maybe the audience found it entertaining? I don't know, it has some good songs and Shahid's performance was brilliant.I know this movie has evoked mixed feelings in people but I would like to add my 2 cents on it- When I went to watch this movie I didn't find it that good, it was okayish and at that time even I thought that the male lead was indeed an a**hole and was being glorified, as before that I mostly read negative reviews about it. But then I read some other reviews with a different perspective and my opinions kinda changed. Firstly, the main character is supposed to be flawed, the writer showed his development graph too, that doesn't mean that he was being glorified or anything. I read some feedbacks where he was termed a "misogynist", I wouldn't necessarily call him that, because he had a problematic nature and was kinda rude towards other people irrespective of their gender. But then he saw Preeti,fell in love with her simplicity, and she equally reciprocated his advances, because she liked him too. Now the movie was shown through Kabir's perspective, not Preeti's, and Kabir Singh was indeed a super flawed difficult guy, who suffered consequences of his actions, nobody is supposed to take inspiration from him obviously, but he did learn something from his mistakes and towards the end we got a happy ending, because it was just a movie about two people who fell in love, got separated due to circumstances, and united at the end,now I am a sucker for happy endings so I am not complaining 😆 Of course the movie showed a lot of offensive stuff which many people do have a problem with, because such behaviour wouldn't be accepted in real life scenarios, but it showed some good things too, like how at the end when he saw Preeti again, heavily pregnant, he thought the child wasn't his still he was ready to accept it and be with her, how many people in real life would do such a thing? Not many I am sure. I know in today's woke culture, most of the things are seen in either black or white, but it shouldn't always be the case IMO. Kabir Singh is an example. And movies are supposed to be just movies, they should only be seen for entertainment, unko itna seriously lene ki zarurat nai hoti 😆 And of course people have their preferences and can like a movie for different reasons.

First time seeing you post so long 😆