Aneri Vajani’s take on physical and mental abuse

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

Aneri Vajani

Rajan Shahi's Anupamaa saw Aneri Vajani enter the show as Malvika, aka Muku, and create quite a stir, for good. Though she entered as Anuj Kapadia's sister, she has managed to carve a space for herself and beautifully so. India Forums reached out to her and asked her about the response and she tells us, ''The response for Muku has been absolutely overwhelming. I have received so much of love and warmth and appreciation from everybody; lot of people that I know and a lot more of those who I don't know, in the industry and otherwise. People are loving it and I am just so glad.''

Meanwhile, the show will also tap onto the subject of physical assault by a partner and the trauma that follows in the episodes to come. A glimpse from the same in tonight's episode has definitely left an impact and that made us wonder what what into getting it right, and how did she actually get to it.

She tells us, ''I have given this scene my everything, whole and soul. The episode will soon be airing and what I have aimed to do in it, is to bring forth everything that a woman goes through, physically and mentally, when she is physically assaulted. I have given my heart, soul, but more importantly, I have given my voice to this scene. I just hope and pray that the viewers watching the episode understand the repercussions that come with physical assault trauma. I have given my everything to this episode, the scene, and the sequence and I did it with all my heart because I wanted people to know that physical assault is not a small issue that can be brushed aside or under the rug.''

No one should do this to a woman ever. In my observation, women are unable to express themselves when they are put in this spot. They often also find it hard to confide in, or open up about such an incident afterwards, because it feels like they are putting themselves through it all over again. I have actually put this thought behind the scene as to how a person is going to react and feel and I have given everything to that scene, because I am speechless. I hope the viewers like the scene and understand the effects that physical assaults have on an individual. I hope the scene stirs something in the hearts of those who take assaulting women lightly and they never resort to it.

She concluded, ''I am really grateful to the writers for writing the scene so beautifully because had it not been for the writing, the scene wouldn't have come so beautifully. Also, I am equally thankful to Rajan sir, my director Sunand sir, Rupali ma'am and Gaurav for being so supportive for the scene.''

Well, the scene we've seen sure speaks volumes and is an impactful one after all!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

The girl is doing a splendid job and this will be another feather added to her cap...

Just hope the issue is addressed with care and sensitivity, its all good to throw in such a concept but to treat it with sincerity is what I hope they do...

docritu99 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 6

Such brilliance only deserves applause, lot of it!! 👏👏

Aneri and the whole team is doing a fabulous job!

arya212002 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7

Aneri is doing a splendid job with her performance 👏👏👏 am so proud of her 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘

Still remember her performance in NAUC where she relived Nish’s past. She was fab then now she has honed her craft even better🤩🤩🤩

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

What happened in NAUC?

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Sorry i could not feel for this physical abuse track right now because mujhe yeh track force lag raha hai. It does not look natural  at all because in previous episode  when first time malvika call anuj. Anuj clearly say why she is calling now and then  cut call that he Dont want to spoil it my happines is now anupama happines 

Jiski behan physical abuse se gayi ho woh bhai kabhi nahi kahega ki phone utha ke main spoil nahin karna chahta 

To mujhe jo anuj ke malvika ke liye  first time jo dialogue they aaj aur jo malvika ki story hai mein koi connection nahin lag raha that is why unable to feel for track. Bus story bhadane ke liye yeh track randomly ghusa diya hai

Edited by surabhi01 - 2 years ago
naadhiraa thumbnail

She was victim of childhood sexual abuse. She used to hate things a normal girl would do to LOOK less attractive. She did wonderful job there as well

Edited by naadhiraa - 2 years ago
SmithaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Surabhi, there are holes in every single plot, nothing is natural. All fictional works have the creative liberty to exaggerate.  But we must acknowledge what is right. 

The very first step to solve any problem however small or big it may be is by acknowledging there is a problem, and making it known to others. 

There is no doubt that this show has brought awareness to many social issues.  There is no doubt that every single char in this story continues to go above & beyond in portraying the fictional elements. That must be highlighted and applauded. 

No matter what led the story to depict Mukku as a victim of abuse, it is a true statement that the writers have done a good job of weaving it in the story, plus the actors have done full justice. 

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Mujhe nandini  ka plot mein Loop holes nahin  laga tha kyonki makers ne   nandini ke entry ke baad se hi toda thoda hint dena  shura kar diya ki uske saath bahut galat hua hai  haalanki yeh baat mein pata chala ki nandini maa nahi ban sakti jiske wajah se uske purane boy friend ne chod diya tha 

But main is track ki mujhe lhuch main nahin samajh nahin raha 

Physical abuse mental abuse is henius crime  and sand it should be deal severly  strictly but jaise malvika ki story shuru mein dikha uski  aur j aaj jo malvika ki stiru mein connection nahin hai to mujhe khuch samjh mmain  kaise react karoon. I have become  totally blank  mujhe khuch bhi feel nahin ho raha hai