Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

He looks like heā€™s doing a comedy sketch. For Kapil Sharma show.

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

akshay was the weakest link

Sara actually was surprisingly subdued, subtle and very good in the second half.  this needed more zingers in the second half 

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My favourite song from the soundtrack is Tere Rang Rang - its just beautiful and Rahman does such a great job bringing this beautiful semi classical feel to the songā¤ļø

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

The movie does have repeat value .. I saw it again 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I love rait Zara is

and chak a chak in the  movie is quite good

and loved little little too

Edited by nonam - 2 years ago
Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Dhanush dancing on little little is ā¤ļø. 

I actually like chaka chak more after the movie since it moves the story quite forward.

rushi1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonam

I love rait Zara is

and chak a chak in the  movie is quite good

and loved little little too

listen to the songā€¦tumhe mohobbat haiiiā€¦ itā€™s a masterpiece 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Iā€™m currently watching the movie. So far itā€™s pretty entertaining but the way the mental condition is being addressed is a bit weird. Iā€™ll reserve judgement when the movie is over. 

Dhanush won my heart when he stood up for her in the engagement party. I was ready to say I do then and there šŸ’ Also loved the way he danced in little little. 

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I m still unable to make a judgement on the movie.. The movie overall looks illogical but still I was entertained throughout the movie, not once did I get bored.. The soundtrack was surprisingly enthralling, I have been listening to the album on repeat mode since the time I watched the movie.. Sara was a hit and miss too for me unlike how the forum perceived her performance,  Dhanush totally overshadowed her.. This is so rare that I can't rate any movie 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Alright finished the movie. There will be spoilers in this review so read at your own risk. 

Overall, it was a good film and I liked it. Sara was pretty good but inconsistent. I think she was great and really convincing in the first part of the movie, but she couldnā€™t sustain it after Sajjadā€™s (Akshayā€™s) entry. Emotional scenes are a weak point for her. Akshay was the weakest link for me. Such an OTT performance.

Dhanush is the winner for me. He is such a great actor. Honestly, Iā€™m in love with his love. What a beautiful character. Where do you find a man like him? More than anyone else, his character seemed like a fragment of MY imagination. šŸ˜†

Itā€™s a one time watch for me. The only thing I didnā€™t like about the film was the way they handled the mental health condition. Iā€™ve done my masters in Psychology and this is the first time Iā€™ve heard about paracosm. 

While watching the movie, I did get a hint that she may be suffering from dissociative identity disorder, developed due to her childhood trauma. But I wish the movie touched on the condition and explained it more in depth. What kind of medication was being given to her? Anti-psychotic? Surely not, because she was still seeing him. Then in the climax, she suddenly snapped out of it and all is well? She no longer suffers from the condition? The mental health aspect of the film was very poorly executed, leaving a mountain of loopholes. She definitely wasnā€™t suffering from Schizophrenia, though it may have appeared so to the audience because of her hallucinations. 

I believe if the producers are going to make movies like this, then they should educate the audience and make a clear distinction on what the condition is. You donā€™t just snap out of Schizophrenia. Itā€™s a chronic mental disorder with no cure. Disassociate Identity Disorder is very complex with no evidence-based cure either. So what exactly was she suffering from? Iā€™m googling paracosm and canā€™t find much. Itā€™s not listed in the DSM-5 of listed disorders either. 

I might be reading too much into it but if youā€™re going to touch on psychological elements in a movie, then you shouldnā€™t leave so many questions unanswered either. šŸ„²

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago