Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Festival thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: cool-boy_018

I like the movie, it was entertaining.

*** Spoiler***

Why does so many people say it s a concept never done in bollywood? Madhoshi (with John and Bipasha) had the same exact twist.

I have not seen that movie. What happens there? Is it as good as this one?

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Madhoshi was not as good as this one, poorly acted, more serious tone and bipasha had schizophrenia in that one as far as i remember.

Festival thumbnail

Originally posted by: Moodyblue

Madhoshi was not as good as this one, poorly acted, more serious tone and bipasha had schizophrenia in that one as far as i remember.

I thought this was schizophrenia only with Sara. What's different in fantasy coping from schizophrenia?  

Didn't Sara think she was her mother, something similar like Vidya in Bhool Bhulaiya? 

Festival thumbnail

The best part about this movie is that such an important topic has been handled with so much care and yet portrayed in an entertaining as well as emotional manner. You don't feel offended on behalf of people with mental issues, rather feel empathy towards them and find them endearing. It's a beautiful movie.  

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I don't think she thought she was her mother. Because she knew her dad and her mom were dead, circumstances of the death and people were against their love,  Schizophrenia is not just hallucinations,it has various other components and is much more complex. She had a traumatic event and subconsciously knew her dad was dead but started thinking of him as a person who loved her unconditionally, she always started seeing him at almost her will and when hinted at, which never happens with schizophrenia. So i think it was more of a coping thing with her, she saw what she wanted to and deep down she knew that it was not true but she was too fragile to accept it. 

With vidya she had dissociative identity disorder she kind of had two identities in her subconscious and when she is monjulika she forgets that she is avni while Rinku knew was knew her mother was a different person

Edited by Moodyblue - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Rinku took her dad as a savior, a hero..the hero who helped her escape when things got difficult or unbearable for her or when she was confused with life decisions..

Her conflict after meeting Vishu was about choosing between two heroes..she wanted both, the one who always saved her since childhood and the one she met recently and wasn't sure of..the moment she was sure of Vishu and felt she could trust him..she didn't feel the urge to escape from him..that confusion was gone..that helped her cope with her loss..along with medication.

I don't know what it is called in clinical language..just talking from my own limited understanding 

Edited by niyati13 - 2 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Horror Heroes

Originally posted by: cool-boy_018

I like the movie, it was entertaining.

*** Spoiler***

Why does so many people say it s a concept never done in bollywood? Madhoshi (with John and Bipasha) had the same exact twist.

I don’t think I need to watch the movie anymore after reading this spoiler. πŸ˜†

JayaBachan thumbnail

Horror Heroes

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Actually I understand Dhanush's affection towards Sara's character.  He was attracted to her naturally when he saw her the first time on the station..he wanted to be her saviour even that time..I guess it was like a love at first sight situation..also he breaks out into a celebratory dance when she decides to accompany him to Chennai..he never felt truly attached to Mandy..it was a practical call to get married to her..but with Rinku, he connected with her out of his own will..She was different, spunky, crazy and he felt for her..

I thought Sara-Dhanush had fabulous chemistry even though the built up to Rinku-Vishu lovestory was through very few scenes! The songs are lovely, but I agree the soundtrack isnt as great as Ranjhanna. 

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

My dad watched the movie yesterday. 

His verdict- Badi bakwaas film thi.

πŸ˜†