Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Darshi141 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: nupurvj23

I don't usually post on the DT and I started watching the show fairly late. Initially, I thought thank god, this is going to be different, and then shit hit the fan. Is there a reason the makers of the show are okay with showing narratives that are so regressive? In what universe, is it okay for a MIL to pelt her DILs with marbles, or for a brother to tie up another brother and leave him in a well?!

I mean, I know they've shown a lot worse in the past (I still cringe when I watch the Dhara beating Shiva-Krish in haveli scenes), but can we please get storylines that actually matter? I understand daily soaps have a certain flair for the dramatic, but this is pushing it. They have such a rich cast with unique characters who have their own stories to tell. Raavi as a character gets completely ignored - there is so much they can do with her, and Alice is a good actress - right now she's being used a filler in scenes and its horrible - there is no growth to this character anymore. For once, I'd like someone to not call her dobi, or for the audience to get a track where we see Ravi shine, where she gets to use her brain and not just give reaction shots. 

I'd like to see Shiva evolve beyond what they show us right now - the audience knows he isn't all brawn, maybe have him communicate just a little bit more? Use his words instead of his fists. 

In the middle of all this nonsense we're being subjected to, Gautam, the strength of the Pandya family is lost. Where is the wise, gentle, older brother who could lead his family? They have him cowering behind his wife and being her mouthpiece, when they could have him leading from the front. There are so many themes in this show that are so so problematic, and Dhara's bhakti is one of them - they've overdone it.

Sometimes I think the FF writers on this forum should have been writing the show because they seem to understand the nuances of the characters better than the makers themselves. 

Anyway, I needed to get this off my chest. Appreciate having the space to do so! 

Cheers. 

My mom who watches daily soaps since ekta era became fed up of dhara jaap.. She literally said Raavi ki story dikhani chahiye... Bahot kuch dikha sakte hai.. Nobody is interested in dhara.. She started watching zee wala show now.. Loyal audience still watches this crap but if they get something better they'll shift.. Even aunties are more interested in Raavi not just youth.. Makers are fool to not encash it.. That's why this off screen thing affecting onscreen potential comes in my mind.. It's very stupid of makers to make everything about dhara& neglect Raavi.. But that's how it is & that's how it's gonna be.. 

nupurvj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mpks1

Welcome to the EDT! Please do post more. You summed up everything which we have been ranting for the past 6 months. The makers have always shown the story from one character’s POV hence everyone is made to dance to the tune if that character. Though they keep showing it’s an ensemble show but doesn’t look like one. 

And the abuse part, don’t even ask how appalled we all are and our continuous ranting , calling the makers out, nothing has deterred them. They still show it and conveniently get away with it. But there is something called the TRPs which is coming back to bite their ass and  definitely not above to rise up to other top shows.

Unless PS changes it’s narrative, strengthens the characters and the story told from all characters POV, it is going to be difficult for them to survive for a long time. 

Agreed, they really need to strengthen the characters. And the funny thing is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but when the show started off, it was very much ensemble, but it was also from multiple perspectives. It did not just focus on one character or just from one person's point of view. Right now, it seems like Dhara is the lead character, and all other characters are just there to help her storyline move forward by either supporting it or going against it. It's such a shame; so much wasted potential.

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparklesparkle

Maybe Shiva is going to jail, raavi tries to stop them, from taking him and gets hurt in the process. Shiva can then go full sanki for his dobi

Yeah right! You are expecting too much! Right now he will only go sanki for BhabiMa, like the hospital scene where he was throwing stuff and threatening the Doctors or at the Police Station.

I still have my doubts. Would Shiva would have done what Dev did today even if it was BhabiMa’s plan and she insisted?

First of all Raavi will not a do drama like Rishita for property or money, let’s assume if she did, I mean nobody most importantly Suman  would take her seriously and would let her go. Shiva won’t even bother. 

You are seeing what kind of reaction Rishita is getting from Suman for leaving the house  versus  Raavi who was ill treated by the same MIL.  

Suman to Rishita,  “ beta tu andhar jaa, hum de dhenge teri daddy ko paise, de dhenge” 

Since the Sneha kaand has Raavi received this kind of support from anyone? Raavi was pushed  by Shiva during Saawan Pooja, who did Suman blame? Raavi. 

Edited by mpks1 - 2 years ago
mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nupurvj23

Agreed, they really need to strengthen the characters. And the funny thing is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but when the show started off, it was very much ensemble, but it was also from multiple perspectives. It did not just focus on one character or just from one person's point of view. Right now, it seems like Dhara is the lead character, and all other characters are just there to help her storyline move forward by either supporting it or going against it. It's such a shame; so much wasted potential.

You know this show is a remake of a popular Tamil show, Pandian Stores which is still going on even after 3 years and is very much an ensemble show and every character is given equal importance. 
But this version started with childhood track and after the leap, the famous wedding track happened which was the only track lifted from the original show. Since then all the tracks that have been shown in this version have nothing to do with the original and the narrative changed to constantly propping up one character. IDK who gave them this idea or if the PH and creatives are being pressured by someone, we don’t know what happens behind the scenes.

If only they copied some more tracks from the original and the character growth that was shown there, this show would be in top 5 because the original is still one of the top 5 shows in the state even after 3 years being on- air. 

Pixierocks thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Don't expect anything from the bts pic guys.probably raavi will mess up, she will be rescued by mahaan bhabimaa and her bhakt and will be called dobii and spoilsport 😆

mpks1 thumbnail
Pritha_31 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Scribble19

And marriage track was really good… I still watch that part sometimes…

The makers need some brains 😆

I too watch those episodes once in a while and still never get enough of it. Such a beautiful track it was with Alice superb acting and Shiva's killer looks