Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pixierocks thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I hope whatever it is has raavi in a central role.either make her the saviour or the victim, kuch to impactful role ho raavi ka 

loveableangel thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Here. Raavi bruise.

dat_INFJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

The makers need to step it up, and I say that in terms of crisper editing and tighter plot lines. To a large extent in ITV, doesn’t matter WHAT you show, it’s  HOW you show it.

It’s good to compare against your competitors and CS majorly revamped it up after the leap, but if you look at the top 5 shows, they all have some similarities it’s how it’s presented that really makes the difference. PS needs to look at what works for themselves (wholesome family drama+comedy+romance) and align that with presenting it in a manner that makes the audience come back for more. When TV shows are largely a numbers game, we can’t have episodes that are lacklustre and episodes that are ok, then good. All the episodes have to be consistently good.

The actors, the clothes, the sets, production value… they have the right ingredients, but just somehow the end result is a shade above mediocre. 😥😥😥

I think PS can do better and I hope they take in all the feedback and come out stronger and better ❤️❤️

Pixie, the effort you are putting in planning this, the dedication, the PS makers lacks this and needs to learn from you.😆 They just don't care for anything exceptBhabhimaa.🤪

Darshi141 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: loveableangel

Awwwwww nooooo. Not raavi, I agree with you. That girl deserves so much man. Can we ship her to move to ahmadabad? Get some love from her father and brother? So she knows what healthy love feels like? 

Also I had an idea for one shot potential TS that raavi and shiva grow close but she gets a call from the lawyer saying that shiva still has not withdrawn the divorce petition and she gets heartbroken and goes to her maasupa and brother and she learns what a healthy family feels like. 

Please write this... Show me to milega nhi.. Can we please get some justice for Raavi in fan fiction😢

Pixierocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

The makers need to step it up, and I say that in terms of crisper editing and tighter plot lines. To a large extent in ITV, doesn’t matter WHAT you show, it’s  HOW you show it.

It’s good to compare against your competitors and CS majorly revamped it up after the leap, but if you look at the top 5 shows, they all have some similarities it’s how it’s presented that really makes the difference. PS needs to look at what works for themselves (wholesome family drama+comedy+romance) and align that with presenting it in a manner that makes the audience come back for more. When TV shows are largely a numbers game, we can’t have episodes that are lacklustre and episodes that are ok, then good. All the episodes have to be consistently good.

The actors, the clothes, the sets, production value… they have the right ingredients, but just somehow the end result is a shade above mediocre. 😥😥😥

I think PS can do better and I hope they take in all the feedback and come out stronger and better ❤️❤️

You said everything that I want to.agree with you word to word ❤️

No itv show has proper logic.its not what you show, but how you show.good editing, proper connect between scenes, powerful dlgs and balance is the key.as you said it has all the right ingredients, they just need to present it well rather than making a Khichdi.i hope they take the feedback and do better as I know they have the potential to do so.i want PS to run for long as rarely we come across a show that has such a powerful ensemble cast and such rich characters to be explored ❤️

nupurvj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I don't usually post on the DT and I started watching the show fairly late. Initially, I thought thank god, this is going to be different, and then shit hit the fan. Is there a reason the makers of the show are okay with showing narratives that are so regressive? In what universe, is it okay for a MIL to pelt her DILs with marbles, or for a brother to tie up another brother and leave him in a well?!

I mean, I know they've shown a lot worse in the past (I still cringe when I watch the Dhara beating Shiva-Krish in haveli scenes), but can we please get storylines that actually matter? I understand daily soaps have a certain flair for the dramatic, but this is pushing it. They have such a rich cast with unique characters who have their own stories to tell. Raavi as a character gets completely ignored - there is so much they can do with her, and Alice is a good actress - right now she's being used a filler in scenes and its horrible - there is no growth to this character anymore. For once, I'd like someone to not call her dobi, or for the audience to get a track where we see Ravi shine, where she gets to use her brain and not just give reaction shots. 

I'd like to see Shiva evolve beyond what they show us right now - the audience knows he isn't all brawn, maybe have him communicate just a little bit more? Use his words instead of his fists. 

In the middle of all this nonsense we're being subjected to, Gautam, the strength of the Pandya family is lost. Where is the wise, gentle, older brother who could lead his family? They have him cowering behind his wife and being her mouthpiece, when they could have him leading from the front. There are so many themes in this show that are so so problematic, and Dhara's bhakti is one of them - they've overdone it.

Sometimes I think the FF writers on this forum should have been writing the show because they seem to understand the nuances of the characters better than the makers themselves. 

Anyway, I needed to get this off my chest. Appreciate having the space to do so! 

Cheers. 

Pixierocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: nupurvj23

I don't usually post on the DT and I started watching the show fairly late. Initially, I thought thank god, this is going to be different, and then shit hit the fan. Is there a reason the makers of the show are okay with showing narratives that are so regressive? In what universe, is it okay for a MIL to pelt her DILs with marbles, or for a brother to tie up another brother and leave him in a well?!

I mean, I know they've shown a lot worse in the past (I still cringe when I watch the Dhara beating Shiva-Krish in haveli scenes), but can we please get storylines that actually matter? I understand daily soaps have a certain flair for the dramatic, but this is pushing it. They have such a rich cast with unique characters who have their own stories to tell. Raavi as a character gets completely ignored - there is so much they can do with her, and Alice is a good actress - right now she's being used a filler in scenes and its horrible - there is no growth to this character anymore. For once, I'd like someone to not call her dobi, or for the audience to get a track where we see Ravi shine, where she gets to use her brain and not just give reaction shots. 

I'd like to see Shiva evolve beyond what they show us right now - the audience knows he isn't all brawn, maybe have him communicate just a little bit more? Use his words instead of his fists. 

In the middle of all this nonsense we're being subjected to, Gautam, the strength of the Pandya family is lost. Where is the wise, gentle, older brother who could lead his family? They have him cowering behind his wife and being her mouthpiece, when they could have him leading from the front. There are so many themes in this show that are so so problematic, and Dhara's bhakti is one of them - they've overdone it.

Sometimes I think the FF writers on this forum should have been writing the show because they seem to understand the nuances of the characters better than the makers themselves. 

Anyway, I needed to get this off my chest. Appreciate having the space to do so! 

Cheers. 

Welcome to the club ❤️

You voiced out what most of the viewers feel.many times the fans are misunderstood that they just want to see shivi romance, they are immature, they are kids and what not.but that's not the case.most of the viewers I have interacted with love the family scenes and loved most of the characters of the show.its only after they started butchering characters one by one, the viewers grew distant from them.you can always share your thoughts here ❣️

mpks1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nupurvj23

Cheers. 

Welcome to the EDT! Please do post more. You summed up everything which we have been ranting for the past 6 months. The makers have always shown the story from one character’s POV hence everyone is made to dance to the tune if that character. Though they keep showing it’s an ensemble show but doesn’t look like one. 

And the abuse part, don’t even ask how appalled we all are and our continuous ranting , calling the makers out, nothing has deterred them. They still show it and conveniently get away with it. But there is something called the TRPs which is coming back to bite their ass and  definitely not above to rise up to other top shows.

Unless PS changes it’s narrative, strengthens the characters and the story told from all characters POV, it is going to be difficult for them to survive for a long time. 

Fireflylane thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Maybe Shiva is going to jail, raavi tries to stop them, from taking him and gets hurt in the process. Shiva can then go full sanki for his dobi

Edited by Sparklesparkle - 2 years ago
nupurvj23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Yes! I used to love the family scenes, and while I would love to see ShiVi romance - it isn't everything; there are so many more relationships they could build, there are so many more stories they could tell. But the way they're going right now is very disheartening.