Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: JodhaBai

I respect her decision even though its majorly disappointing as a fan. But being there for your children is the most important thing in the world.

That said, I think Ash has always been afraid to outshine Abhishek.   She always takes a step back for him, IE giving up films for him. 

He should be proud of her and should encourage her. She shouldn't have to massage his ego like this.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

My guess would be that Ash is stepping back from limelight so that Abhishek can shine and be in the limelight.  Coz everyone knows that on popularity scale Ash is much popular compared to her Husband. And maybe Ash wants to avoid that awkwardness and being at home so Abhi takes precedence ! It’s quite sad though! 

But what surprises me is that she is never seen anywhere ! Not even Industry events and premieres ! 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

He saved himself from unnecessary bashing....I am not talking about you...but there are people who would have bashed him mercilessly....about how he is not letting his poor wife work...he is a patriarch and so on....actors have become smart these days...main apni biwi ki anumati se kaam kar raha hoon....sad days for trolls ahead...😆

Maybe, but there are so many different ways he could have said it. 

He could have said that they discussed it as a family. That he was supportive of his wife's career too. But ultimately she wanted to be with Aradhya. 

Tbh, he still deserves to be trolled for that. And he's a big boy. He can take it. 

atominis thumbnail

I might be wrong but I have observed married actresses with only daughters have all kept away more from work compared to ones with sons. Hema Malini is the only exception to this though. She remained active in films, TV, stage, theatre, politics, direction, production etc and became editor of women's magazines even after birth of her daughters. 

Perhaps due to pressure of being judged as  negligent or blamed for not being there during crucial puberty and teenage years of daughters? Girls do need mother's support in those transition years. 

A lot of people become even more protective of girls during teenage and adolescence years. 

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

People put a lot of pressure on Abhishek for not able to make money.

So you must have a very good standing living in a society.

Edited by Porcupine - 2 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joannna

My guess would be that Ash is stepping back from limelight so that Abhishek can shine and be in the limelight.  Coz everyone knows that on popularity scale Ash is much popular compared to her Husband. And maybe Ash wants to avoid that awkwardness and being at home so Abhi takes precedence ! It’s quite sad though! 

But what surprises me is that she is never seen anywhere ! Not even Industry events and premieres ! 

Same here. I have always felt Aishwarya has cut down on her work and international appearances, endorsements to avoid embarrassment for her flop husband who was always trolled for his failures and told he was in limelight only due to his dad and wife and often shamed for being less successful and taunted that he would never be invited to Cannes, Oprah show if not for his famous wife. 

Ash seems to have reduced her own shine to make it look like her husband is the provider even though his earnings and net worth are way less than hers.

She probably does it to avoid any Abhimaan like situation affecting their relationship. 

She cannot stop comparisons Abhishek faces due to his famous parents but she has atleast tried to avoid comparisons of her husband with her as a star.

Otherwise she was doing films, ads and public appearances some years ago but earlier there was still hope Abhishek's career would pick up. It did not. His web series also flopped. 

So she has stepped back. 

Family and motherhood are important but I do not think a media savvy star like Ash would even stop doing LO'Real and Kalyan jewellers ads and cannot even spare time to do ads!

She was endorsing prestigious brands and not usual flour or chappal ads. 

She could have done some business or trained Miss World contestants like Lara Dutta but she does not even do that. Seems like loss of interest in professional pursuits.

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting observation, and maybe that is indeed the case. Gosh Kajol was absolutely irritating. I don’t personally like Kareena but she seems really good at balancing kids, husband, friends and career (although she’s definitely not a full time actress).  

Originally posted by: atominis

I might be wrong but I have observed married actresses with only daughters have all kept away more from work compared to ones with sons. Hema Malini is the only exception to this though. She remained active in films, TV, stage, theatre, politics, direction, production etc and became editor of women's magazines even after birth of her daughters. 

Perhaps due to pressure of being judged as  negligent or blamed for not being there during crucial puberty and teenage years of daughters? Girls do need mother's support in those transition years. 

A lot of people become even more protective of girls during teenage and adolescence years. 

atominis thumbnail

I felt that point about daughters because most actresses who have remained quite active despite marriage and kids seem to have atleast one son or only sons. Shobhana Samarth, Madhuri Dixit, Kareena Kapoor, Nutan had no daughters. 

Kajol took longer break after birth of Nysa but did not really stop working after birth of Yug.

Sharmila Tagore worked a lot after birth of Saif but cut down on her work after birth of daughters Soha and Saba, and did more niche/selected work after their birth. 

Sridevi disappeared from showbiz after birth of her daughters. Only did one short TV serial on Sahara channel in early 2000s. 

Hema Malini is the only actress who has been most active in career and public life despite being married and having kids (only 2 daughters and no sons). She paid a price for it though. Dharmendra began to live more with Prakash while she lived separately with daughters and sometimes her daughters also taunted her for not making them lunch or packing tiffin boxes like other kids' moms. Hema admitted feeling mom guilt a lot. But she soon got her daughters into dance and took them to stage performances with her in their teens, so she could spend more time with them.

I feel moms with only sons feel probably less pressure for being judged for negligence during transitional years of puberty unlike moms with only daughters. And worry less for safety of sons with caregivers, babysitters and nannies - most of who are female any way. 

Sush also took up Aarya only after her daughters attained a certain age. Otherwise she had cut down on her work a lot after 2004. 

atominis thumbnail

Kareena has a very supportive spouse, family and totally chilled MIL who herself remained active in films and public life even after marriage and 3 kids. 

She is very lucky that way. Other actresses do not have a family as modern in that sense as Pataudis. 

Plus she has only sons and no qualms leaving them with nanny when needed. Unlike other actresses who seem to be more of hands on moms and prefer to care for child themselves than leave them to nanny or babysitter. 

She knows she does not need to give knowledge to her sons during transitional years later either as her husband is enough to tell those things to boys in a father and son talk.

Kareena has really supportive in laws and spouse. Most actresses do not have that privilege. Even her own sister Karisma never had a good spouse or good in laws. 

Madhuri is another one who has really supportive family and spouse. Same for Kajol whose in laws like her a lot and whose husband is doing well enough himself. 

Supportive family and spouse are really necessary for a woman to continue or manage work after marriage and kids. Otherwise it is very difficult. Or one has to manage alone the way Hema did as Dharmendra mostly disliked her working, dancing or political foray after marriage or getting even girls to dance and he began to keep visits to her, more occasional and lived mainly with his family and first wife from Punjab.