Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Neither should act  πŸ˜†

She can be Mrs. Voorhees πŸ˜‰

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Abhishek is any day a better actor than Aishwarya. With OTT, he has a lot of scope. Aish is no longer a star. Her fans should stop living in early 2000s. 

If it has to be either of them, then Abhishek working makes sense. 

But yeah, this statement reeks of patriarchy. And this excuse is bullshit. I don't know what "care" these Bollywood parents take of their kid. Aradhya is no longer an infant that she would always need her mother to change her diapers. 

I don't understand the brouhaha over Aish's decision....may be she genuinely wanted Abhishek to work while she took care of the child.....what is wrong in that.....maybe she wants an early retirement....nothing wrong in that either.....maybe she just wants to sit at home....twiddling her toes...doing nothingπŸ˜†.....she can afford it and nothing wrong in that either....why do we have to decide what celebrities should do or not do...I can understand her fans being frustrated that they don't see her much now....but that is another issue....but her decisions are her own...no one is forcing her to and that is what matters...

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Anytime someone with promises chooses to stay on the sidelines it is bound to raise questions. I don't think Ash was a great actor, Abhishek is more talented. But Ash was more popular and had more potential in various arenas beyond acting as well. 

If she made a choice, that's that. It's her choice and we have to accept it. We will never fully know if it was purely her own choice or if she felt pressure from in-laws to speak this way. 

I really don't like the terms 'permission' or 'allowed' between married couples. Married people still have free will. They should still be free to make their choices. Sure, marriage means you have to discuss your choices with your spouse and let them weigh in - but they cannot hold you back from doing what you want to do. Kids need permission from adults because they are not considered capable of making their own decisions in some matters. Adults should never need permission from other adults. 

My only problem here is why Abhishek is sharing Aishwarya's words to him verbatim....if that's really what she said and he didn't just pull it out of thin air to look like the breadwinner of the house.

It's possible that Aishwarya prioritizes prestige and lets small endorsements and offers fall sideways cuz she doesn't really need to settle for the money alone. But I also see a joint effort on both Aishwarya and Abhishek's part on making him look like the "provider" or the one with the upper hand in the public eye. 

It's weird cuz she doesn't have to minimize her impact to let his name shine, unless they've been subjected to so many barbs and digs in social events and parties that Abhishek went loco and the Bachchan family couldn't watch their son being relegated to her plus one.

Otherwise, I don't see why it has to be him vs her? It should be them vs the world with no relevance to how one measures up against the other .... in an ideal relationship at least. 

So this must be his way of conveying that he wears the pants while she looks after the kid ........ right back to basics where the guy earns and the girl is home bound.😡

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I don't understand the brouhaha over Aish's decision....may be she genuinely wanted Abhishek to work while she took care of the child.....what is wrong in that.....maybe she wants an early retirement....nothing wrong in that either.....maybe she just wants to sit at home....twiddling her toes...doing nothingπŸ˜†.....she can afford it and nothing wrong in that either....why do we have to decide what celebrities should do or not do...I can understand her fans being frustrated that they don't see her much now....but that is another issue....but her decisions are her own...no one is forcing her to and that is what matters...

Agreed... she doesn't owe anyone anything. But Abhishek's statement is gonna wreak havoc cuz he is saying that Ash "allowed" him to take a full plate of work. What was he doing before? Trying to juggle work and babysitting Aaradhya? It's such a dumb thing to say in public even if that's what really happened. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Anytime someone with promises chooses to stay on the sidelines it is bound to raise questions. I don't think Ash was a great actor, Abhishek is more talented. But Ash was more popular and had more potential in various arenas beyond acting as well. 

If she made a choice, that's that. It's her choice and we have to accept it. We will never fully know if it was purely her own choice or if she felt pressure from in-laws to speak this way. 

I really don't like the terms 'permission' or 'allowed' between married couples. Married people still have free will. They should still be free to make their choices. Sure, marriage means you have to discuss your choices with your spouse and let them weigh in - but they cannot hold you back from doing what you want to do. Kids need permission from adults because they are not considered capable of making their own decisions in some matters. Adults should never need permission from other adults. 

He saved himself from unnecessary bashing....I am not talking about you...but there are people who would have bashed him mercilessly....about how he is not letting his poor wife work...he is a patriarch and so on....actors have become smart these days...main apni biwi ki anumati se kaam kar raha hoon....sad days for trolls ahead...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Agreed... she doesn't owe anyone anything. But Abhishek's statement is gonna wreak havoc cuz he is saying that Ash "allowed" him to take a full plate of work. What was he doing before? Trying to juggle work and babysitting Aaradhya? It's such a dumb thing to say in public even if that's what really happened. πŸ˜†

I think he is just trying to save his skin....I feel for Abhishek...he is stuck between a rock and a hard place...on one end he has the biggest star ever for a Dad and on the other end a gorgeous successful wife....life is difficult...he must be walking on pins and needles everyday..πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I think he is just trying to save his skin....I feel for Abhishek...he is stuck between a rock and a hard place...on one end he has the biggest star ever for a Dad and on the other end a gorgeous successful wife....life is difficult...he must be walking on pins and needles everyday..πŸ˜†

yeah i feel for the guy too every now and then .... but then he puts out statements like these, which makes me wonder what must go on behind the doors of that Bachchan house. I can literally envision Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam: Part II with AB Sr. roaring to everyone "keh diya na, bas keh diya." πŸ˜†

JodhaBai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I respect her decision even though its majorly disappointing as a fan. But being there for your children is the most important thing in the world.

That said, I think Ash has always been afraid to outshine Abhishek.   She always takes a step back for him, IE giving up films for him.