Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ksanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Moving on is part of life but moving on in just 3 months is unacceptable, that too when you showed that karthik and naira love is eternal. He accepted sirat in 3 months married her and had a baby with her, which was too fast if you showed for few years that karthik and naira are couple made in heaven. 

Even now I feel bad for naira as akshara or other geonkas family only remember sirat nothing about naira who did so much for this family. 

She bought the truth of aditya to geonkas, then married her with her brother, bought manish and karthik together. She did so much for this family and they forgot al when sirat enters. 

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Man that's harsh. Building a bond and then crushing it. Really, I understand the importance now i guess. 

Honestly, they just don't mention Naira which astounded me too. Even Kairav when he was frustrated in the latest episode said he lost his father, Sirat Maa but what about Naira.

I just don't understand. 

But thanks for the perspective 

PinkOrchid thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gadbad_Ghotala

Man that's harsh. Building a bond and then crushing it. Really, I understand the importance now i guess. 

Honestly, they just don't mention Naira which astounded me too. Even Kairav when he was frustrated in the latest episode said he lost his father, Sirat Maa but what about Naira.

I just don't understand. 

Thank you for your original questionšŸ™‚. I am new to this serial too around about the same time as you and I donā€™t understand either why so much hate only against Sirat and nothing against the guy who chose to fall for her and marry heršŸ¤”.

I actually remember my mum watching the much older versions of this serial and I just couldnā€™t watch it at all because it was way ott and negative but those were the days where I didnā€™t watch any Indian programs at all lol.

Edited by PinkOrchid - 2 years ago
Illuminatus. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Hawww!!! YRKKH negative... not really... this is one serial that delt with every day of AKshara's life and believe me there have been incidences in my life when I have taken few tips from Akshara how to manage or keep calm or simply smile and say all is well. There was a time I did not like the serial thought it was so much of gharelu but gradually I understood the lessons it gave to its audience. 

Also I fell in love with the rituals and celebrations. I actually went and looked up all sorts of small religious and community celebrations and realized its actually helps to keep the body alert, a timetable is set and the family also starts working in a more organized manner. That revelation was enough for me to understand that value of YRKKH... 

Living in US we dont have family if we dont set a pattern for the children and for ourselves we will be adrift. The calendar, rituals, helped us lay a pattern in the house, food, delicacy making, planning and family making efforts to do things together was really wonderful. Thats what i learnt. 

if I said too much plz excuse. šŸ˜Š

PinkOrchid thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

No, not at all, no need to excuse youšŸ™‚

I am in the UK and I too am learning things by watching these serials. I was only watching one serial frequently beginning of this year and it lead me to watch a couple more but it was only after starting to them watch on and off past two years, after my solo trips to India, as was intrigued by all things Indian not just UK Indian lol, prior to that I never watched. I would only see snippets when visiting my mum or masiā€™s so for someone who is not used to them I found them way too much for me, each one of us will have a different liking or viewpoint heh but you are right, they are educational for those of us outside of India. I have managed to improve my Hindi so much this year just by watching them which I know will come in handy for future tripsā˜ŗļø. 

Edited by PinkOrchid - 2 years ago
hari15 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Gadbad_Ghotala

I just don't understand. 

This what makes me to get too much irritated while watching season 3.

When season 1 was over and season 2 started it never felt like another season it was just like a continuity. It was like Naira had grown into a big girl and Akshara was now mother of a 20 year old girl and how their life was going on. 

But now the show had gone from season 2 to season 3 I couldn't feel that connectivity and continuity because it doesn't feel like that of Naira's grownup daughter it's looks more like akshu is some random girl living with goenka's who doesn't have any roots and that all happened because of sirat. 

I truly started to dislike her character when 8 year old aarohi was introduced. Sirat may have loved them both but I felt like if her true mother naira had been their she would have never compromised with both the girls behavior. 

Akshu had been a little princess both karthik and naira had dreams for her better future now she became a Cinderella with an evil step sister and I hate sirat for bringing that step sister. 

Like akshu always going behind aarohi or aarohi treating her like nothing. Even before aarohi came to know this step siblings thing she had always looked down on akshu such things had indirectly made me to hate sirat. 

I hate it whenever aarohi blames akshu for sirat death and how sirat without even a guilt told akshu that she needs to adjust with aarohi since she is younger what type of justice is it. 

Maybe in future if the writers made akshu to know more about her mother naira then I wouldn't dislike sirat character that much. 

P. S: at the end of the day it's the makers who had failed to make us like Sirat's character. When Ranveer came into picture I honestly thought they will get married he will die and karthik and sirat would have a marriage of convince and maybe aarohi could have been their daughter the story could have still had a connection with season 2 and 3.

But no they simply wasted 5 years of work and eternal love for nothing. 

Edited by hari15 - 2 years ago
Khushi_Albeli thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Sirat lives with goenkas more than Naira.

austen-eliot thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

I feel that the hate towards sirat is very unfair and unjustified. It's also very unfair to kartik to say he forgot naira or that he replaced her with sirat. Many times during the sirat track we were shown kartik always remembering naira and even after his marriage to sirat, he and also the rest of the family would fondly mention naira and remember what she has meant to them, how she brought the family together and how she perfectly balanced house, career, and kids. Even now in this new gen akshu has mentioned naira number of times.. Whenever she says mumma, she means naira not sirat. The other day kairav also remembered his mother only when he said, first i was without my dad, then when I got him I lost my mother, then atleast there was sirat but I lost her too. So the kids and family are pretty clear on their priorities and emotions, its only the viewers who are so disconnected. Most of those who are hating sirat have probably not watched the episodes where her story was developed because she was naira's lookalike but not naira and that for some reason seems unforgivable to them. To be fair to the makers, while kartik - naira's love story was hyped into some eternal bond, when they were showing kartik marrying sirat it wasn't shown as a love that was greater than the other. Kartik was just a man who had lost his beloved wife and who happened to meet someone who he befriends because of kairav. Its kairav who bonds strongly with sirat who is a mother figure to him and then kartik is forced into a closer relationship with her because of that. Gradually he knows more of her circumstances and how deprived and difficult her life has been so develops a deep sympathy for this girl who has the passion to pursue her ambition despite the odds. That is how the story goes. Then sirat marries her old bf who dies and she faces murder charges brought against her by her fil who had not wanted his son to marry her so was now revenging. Kartik being the only friend she has and by that time he had also formed a close friendship with sirat's husband who was now dead, helps her through all this crisis. And they just get closer. He also helps sirat to realize her dream of becoming a national boxing champion alongside. He does all this because he was always a very empathetic and compassionate person from the time we saw him first in the show. He has no other feelings but he is only very grateful to sirat because she had saved kairav's life twice, one of the times by risking her own. So he is grateful and he genuinely respects her too. In his own words...insaniyat aur dosti ka rishta tha.. Why is that bad? And in the course of their relationship he finds that he is a little less lonely and his kids are so much happier with sirat in their lives than without. Over time, more than a year according to the show timeline, not just 3 months as someone said, he finds he is even able to love her, not in the place of naira, never that... but as someone who has made another place for herself in his heart... Sirat had already realized much earlier that she loved kartik but had kept her feelings to herself. So now when kartik also comes to the same page they get married and sirat accepts kairav and akshu like her own. In fact she even says to kartik one time that he could not be more important for her than kairav because she just had something very special with him and it was because of him that she had got all this happiness...she was always very respectful to Naira's memory too and ever aware of wht she had been go kartik as well as the family. Sirat actually loved akshu more it seemed to me than even aarohi and her telling akshu to take care of her was just as any parent says to the older child to take care of the younger siblings, like kairav cared for both his younger sisters. It was not by way of discrimination. She always used to support akshu against aarohi because akshu was a very soft and docile girl while aarohi was bold and outspoken.. She never expected that akshu should just bend over for aarohi. 

Now the producers deal with more things than just the story in the show.. They have to consider the trps and the demands and regulations of the channel as well. So now they are remaking the bengali serial iche nodee as the third generation story of yrkkh.. And sadly, it has no flow with the earlier concept of the show. So since they are following that story now, to go back and hate sirat is not only silly but unfair also. I'm sorry if I am hurting sensibilities but I always felt that sirat was unfairly bashed...people say she has no connection to original akshara.. Yes that maybe but she does have a connection to akshara's story because she is the second mother to her grandchildren. It was a natural progression in the story after they suddenly killed naira. Now as to why they did that is a topic for another debate. having to do with trps and other technicalities, not with the aesthetics of the show...

As a discerning audience I feel we should keep these things in mind as well so that we can understand the characters and the stories better and not get too caught up in the drama that we fail to form balanced viewpoints. 

Sorry for the rant.. Just wanted to put my perspective across because I don't have any takers for itšŸ˜šŸ˜›

austen-eliot thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Now I see that they are also totally destroying the goenkas image as well by showing them as some uneducated, uncultured and aggressive family.. And making the birlas look good in front of them. Earlier they were not like that.. 

Gadbad_Ghotala thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I like this perspective too ngl. But i blame the makers and not the characters. 

Also, it's true that older siblings are told to understand the younger one. My brother was often told the same whenever I made mistakes or some mischief. Totally understandable.