Posted: 2 years ago

I've just started watching the serial, mostly from the episode where there was a 8 year leap and Akshu Aru were kids. 

Honestly, I've seen snippets and promos of YRKKH and I don't understand why Sirat is hated so much. For me, she is Shivangi itself and if the actress is liked then why hate her character?

Other thing is Sirat loved Akshu as much as she loved Aru, she never differentiated and seemed nice too.

Is the hate towards the makers for killing off Naira? Or towards Sirat because she's actually bad? I don't get it.

1.Because makers gave 'karthik' to sirat when he was supposed to be only nairas. The makers for trp,   mocked  viewers who were emotionally vested in kaira by bringing in a third angle.

2. Love story of kaira had huge fan base ( although many times the story was toxic) , not only because of the actors , but because of the characters portrayed by them. Karthik and naira was initially well written characters which later went to downhill.

3. Sirat as a character was irritating 🙄 but not vamp. Even though played by same actress it couldn't garner same likes which naira got. She was always viewed as a competition for kaira. 

4. Sirat karthik love story single handely tarnished kaira love story which was supposed to be eternal 🤔. The problem was not karthiks second marriage , but karthik giving her the place of naira, karthik replacing naira with sirat.If they had shown karthik sirat as a marriage of convenience audience would have liked it , but RS decided to give it again this eternal glory which back fired.

5. If above mentioned reasons are that of a kaira fan , for the old natik akshara fans  it was least tolerable to watch a girl with no connection  to the original akshara gaining the lead status. There were even posts saying gayu karthik pair was more acceptable than karthik sirat.

1. When Sirat came Naira had become a forgotten chapter specially for Karthik. It was like then why the hell were you all glorifying kaira couple for years. 

2. I totally hated when karthik shown to marry sirat out of love. 

3. Karthik gave the family heirloom just like that to Sirat. I think I hated the fact how easily naira was replaced here. 

4.I hated how they thought it was ok for akshara to not know about her own mother Naira. But a little glad sirat wanted to tell about. 

5. When the kids were grownup and akshu came to know about her mother and aarohi behaved differently with her. Sirat told her to be patient with aarohi and help her instead of going and telling aarohi to watch her behavior that really irritated me. 

To simply put it I couldn't connect with her character. 

Now there things that's happening in season 3 that makes me to not like sirat track even more. 

1. Aarohi telling every time I lost mom irritates me so much that I just want to run into tv and tell her how easily akshu's mom was replaced. 

2. Growup akshu doesn't even know much about her own mother because the only thing that goes in that house is Sirat's story. Maybe that's why grow up Akshara can't connect with herself well because she is yet to know about her own roots. 

3. The season 3 lead akshara is Naira's daughter yet till this episode their isn't much talk about her. It makes me to feel like naira character is from another show. 

4. For 1 day aarohi atleast tells atleast a 100 time how akshu snatched her mom from her and it irks me to even listen to Sirat's name. 

5. Maybe if aarohi had been like gayu I could have not disliked sirat much but considering that her daughter turned out like this I couldn't accept her. 

Finally I simply couldn't give Sirat a place in my heart which I gave to Naira unlike Karthik. ❤️

Because of how easily karthik gave naira's place to sirat just because sirat was naira's lookalike despite all this time it being established how eternal kaira's love was and that kathik could never love anybody else. Despite all this, Karthik not only had love marriage with sirat, but it was like naira no longer existed for him once he married sirat. 🤢 And even now naira does not get any importance by her own daughter akshara as akshara was made to believe sirat was her mother and even now she gets all emotional for sirat when arohi accuses her of stealing her mother when akshara could easily say that sirat replaced her mother. 

Then there is also the fact that sirat has zero connection with the original akshara. Naira, kairav and akshara 2.0 are all directly related to the original akshara so we care about them, but sirat is a nobody for us.

Originally posted by Gadbad_Ghotala

I've just started watching the serial, mostly from the episode where there was a 8 year leap and Akshu Aru were kids. 

Honestly, I've seen snippets and promos of YRKKH and I don't understand why Sirat is hated so much. For me, she is Shivangi itself and if the actress is liked then why hate her character?

Other thing is Sirat loved Akshu as much as she loved Aru, she never differentiated and seemed nice too.

Is the hate towards the makers for killing off Naira? Or towards Sirat because she's actually bad? I don't get it.

I have been an Akshara fan. I completely still love Hina Khan. I would often forget that this is not a real person, my level of adoration for Akshara is that much. How a sweet simple and shy girl gets married into a big joint family with a very obstinate, pampered rich boy who loves her but wants her to listen only to him. And how she gradually adjusts to everything, and grows into a strong person, loved n respected by everyone. Her husband always respects her even when they fight they would usually inderstand their mistakes and come back to each other. the serial was like a soothing balm. 

Frankly I have had situations in my life when the solutions came while watching Akshara and it was always a positive turn for me. I did not follow since Hina left the series. On n off I would catch it for a few weeks then forget. 

I liked Naira's fashion sense is the only reason I watched. 

Sirat chapter came as a shock and I will never be able to understand how Kartik could ever fall in love with her she was such a contrast to Naira.  ANyways gone but for her to get pregnant so soon and have a kid was beyond my wildest imagination. 

When they named the baby Akshara I knew that The writers wanted the name Akshara back as lead. But Kartik and Sirat have another kid when Akshara was still an infant was too much. 

ANd now we have a venomous sister in Akshara's life. 

Atleast she is not shown as a mute dummy. I can take a sigh on that. 

But she is shy and keeps all her emotions bottled up much like original Akshara so I am excited to see where this storyline leads. 

Abhimanyu is head strong and for the first time he has felt attracted towards a girl. He does not want to let it go. I dont think picking substitute is in his nature. So I am looking forward to some intense episodes with high adrenaline flow. Harshad had been roped in for this role and I have full trust if he has said yes to this series something good has been promised. 

I am putting my trust in the writers that they will keep my trust and give Harshad the maximum scope to showcase his talent. 

Originally posted by Illuminatus.

I have been an Akshara fan. I completely still love Hina Khan. I would often forget that this is not a real person, my level of adoration for Akshara is that much. How a sweet simple and shy girl gets married into a big joint family with a very obstinate, pampered rich boy who loves her but wants her to listen only to him. And how she gradually adjusts to everything, and grows into a strong person, loved n respected by everyone. Her husband always respects her even when they fight they would usually inderstand their mistakes and come back to each other. the serial was like a soothing balm. 

Frankly I have had situations in my life when the solutions came while watching Akshara and it was always a positive turn for me. I did not follow since Hina left the series. On n off I would catch it for a few weeks then forget. 

I liked Naira's fashion sense is the only reason I watched. 

Sirat chapter came as a shock and I will never be able to understand how Kartik could ever fall in love with her she was such a contrast to Naira.  ANyways gone but for her to get pregnant so soon and have a kid was beyond my wildest imagination. 

When they named the baby Akshara I knew that The writers wanted the name Akshara back as lead. But Kartik and Sirat have another kid when Akshara was still an infant was too much. 

ANd now we have a venomous sister in Akshara's life. 

Atleast she is not shown as a mute dummy. I can take a sigh on that. 

But she is shy and keeps all her emotions bottled up much like original Akshara so I am excited to see where this storyline leads. 

Abhimanyu is head strong and for the first time he has felt attracted towards a girl. He does not want to let it go. I dont think picking substitute is in his nature. So I am looking forward to some intense episodes with high adrenaline flow. Harshad had been roped in for this role and I have full trust if he has said yes to this series something good has been promised. 

I am putting my trust in the writers that they will keep my trust and give Harshad the maximum scope to showcase his talent. 

Wow, let's hope to get some old Akshara vibes with this new one and maybe some of Naira too.

Legit sums up my query, thanks!

I agree with everything said in these replies and for me Sirat's existence is almost a mockery of Naira-Akshu and Naira-Kairav bond as well. Sure, Akshu was a baby when Naira passed away so you can't expect her to remember Naira since Sirat is the one that was always around but if you watched the scenes of baby Akshara with her parents and Kairav and even the Goenkas the way she is treated now for the sake of Sirat's daughter Arohi is astounding.

Naira loved Akshu like crazy, the way Shivangi portrayed the maternal bond with her was something else even if they only had a short time together. When Akshu was a baby, Kartik talked about how his daughter would never have to adjust for anyone and literally fought Dadi and anyone in the house when it came to Akshu because he always said her parents know best for her and no one else can interfere (even over simple things like what clothes they wanted to dress her in). 

There was a whole speech Kaira gave to Akshu promising to her about how they would never leave her alone (Kartik), how they would teach her to make her own path (Naira), how they would always give her the world's happiness at any cost (Kartik), and even if she had difficulties she couldn't overcome that's okay because that's what her mom and dad are there for (Kartik). And then to think that Kartik and Sirat were around for 7 years post Naira passing away and they just let Arohi call her sister a commoner and Sirat telling her to tolerate Arohi's behavior because she's isn't dil ki buri. It's a mockery of all those things that were shown when Akshu was born. 

There were some really beautiful scenes and I think it explains why the neutral viewers of YRKKH feel a connection to Akshu, because of how her relationship with Kaira was shown. Even the way Kairav took care of Akshu post Naira's death and now they accept us to believe he would be okay with Arohi making Akshu leave the house for 12 years ... the makers really made a mockery of Kaira-Kairav-Akshu relationship with the Sirat (and now Arohi) track. 

Hope this helps answer the question! 

Edited by wanderingskys - 2 years ago

Thank You so much for the details. I really was not watching much of the kaira and Sirat tracks. But I do remember how Naira was protective of Akshara not wear stuffy lehenga for some puja coz she is delicate and uncomfortable in those brocades. How beautifully it was explained. 

Akshara is asked to adjust to Arohi's tantrums is such a low thing. coz its not like Akshara is much older than Arohi... They are about 12-18 months apart. barely. 

I have not watched those episodes at all but just reading about Sirat defending Arohi and Akshara has to leave the house because of Arohi is just despicable. 

Originally posted by Illuminatus.

Thank You so much for the details. I really was not watching much of the kaira and Sirat tracks. But I do remember how Naira was protective of Akshara not wear stuffy lehenga for some puja coz she is delicate and uncomfortable in those brocades. How beautifully it was explained. 

Akshara is asked to adjust to Arohi's tantrums is such a low thing. coz its not like Akshara is much older than Arohi... They are about 12-18 months apart. barely. 

I have not watched those episodes at all but just reading about Sirat defending Arohi and Akshara has to leave the house because of Arohi is just despicable. 

Yes! it was Kartik who got super mad at Dadi because she bought these special baby clothes for Akshu that caused her to be irritated and that's when he said my daughter will not adjust for anyone when Naira suggested they should adjust the clothes.

For Sirat, she was a good enough mother to Kairav and Akshu after Naira passed and she gave Arohi advice to listen to Akshu as well but she only spoke up ONE TIME when Arohi misbehaved. All of Arohi's other bad behavior was kind of ignored and so was her arrogance as a child and I think it's really unhealthy that Sirat would always tell Akshu to look after Arohi because it's her younger sister and be understanding towards her. As you said, Akshu is barely older than Arohi and she was given this burden of always taking care of her which is basically why she tolerates all of Arohi's bakwaas right now.