Why it needed to be YRKKH 3?

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

My relationship with YRKKH is a bit weird..

I know everything what happened in 1 gen story arc only through my sister.. never saw a scene properly.

never knew what happened in 2 gen story(really clueless..)

now only started to see 3 gen because I suddenly was curious..

From what I have heard from my sis, I thought it was a family type serial. But the new promo looked as though it was going to lean towards romantic genre. I was just curious how they will execute the change.. that's all

Now...

I am more curious why they needed to continue in YRKKH.

They could have started a new show with the same cast members(the main 3 at least) and went ahead. This generation is not much related to the previous 2 generations. There is not much mention.

I know that they just wanted to make use of the already existing fan base, but even then the old fan base is connected to old cast.. they could have some scenes with the 3rd and 2nd gen before just rushing into the story.

And anyways, HC fan base is actually quite large.. I think.. wouldn't the new show get benefited by that?

I feel this was a bad move from producers. They are making one daughter a saint and another a vamp. But both a Karthik's daughters (A character whom I thought many people liked(?)) That would be doing bad for the original fan base.. I think..

What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: umawanderer

I know everything what happened in 1 gen story arc only through my sister.. never saw a scene properly.

From what I have heard from my sis, I thought it was a family type serial. But the new promo looked as though it was going to lean towards romantic genre. I was just curious how they will execute the change.. that's all

Now...

They could have started a new show with the same cast members(the main 3 at least) and went ahead. This generation is not much related to the previous 2 generations. There is not much mention.

I know that they just wanted to make use of the already existing fan base, but even then the old fan base is connected to old cast.. they could have some scenes with the 3rd and 2nd gen before just rushing into the story.

And anyways, HC fan base is actually quite large.. I think.. wouldn't the new show get benefited by that?

I feel this was a bad move from producers. They are making one daughter a saint and another a vamp. But both a Karthik's daughters (A character whom I thought many people liked(?)) That would be doing bad for the original fan base.. I think..

What do you guys think?

It seems Star wanted to axe YRKKH.

THE CHANNEL are doing very well in copying and converting regional content into itv versions.

Accordingly, Icche Nodee, Kartikeya Priyam and Korkotu were supposed to come in different time slots. One them was meant as YRKKH replacement.

Icche Nodee makers had finalised Rhea Sharma and some web portals mentioned that on the basis of SM engagement there were plans to approach Harshad for the remake. Rhea's look test was done. 

I guess RS did not want to loose his slot or the show, after a number of meetings he does retain the slot but Icche Nodee becomes YRKKH 3.

No one is talking about the remake anymore, Rhea as such is anti social and there is no statement from her side too even the Production House refused to comment.

Logically  a new show based on Icche Nodee would have been a better option..

It Is k ind of dicey as the writer is just following the original. The Birla family are full of rebels and there are no YRKKH vibes.

The writer has to concentrate on the Goenka's, reduce Aarohi's obsession, get a dada or dadi for the Birla's and tone the negative atmosphere which essentially was the key feature of Icche Nodee.

If we leave everything aside then in 2019, RS had YRHPK on board with Shaheer and Rhea as leads.  He brought back Maheshwari's but infused sibling rivalry and jealously. THIS WASN'T THE CASE AS KUHU AND MISHTI WERE ON VERY GOOD TERMS WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE. 

In the spin off their relationship was toxic.

The show did not get the reqd numbers and shut down after a year of being on air.

The writer has to watch the OG YRKKH episodes if he wants to retain trp audiences 

Edited by Salutethearmy - 2 years ago
hari15 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: umawanderer

Now...

What do you guys think?

I asked the same question myself then you know it's like a marketing strategy. Like how famous brands get sold very easily than the new one. 

Yrkkh is 12 years old I am sure there are people who will still see it for the name now they added a famous actor too. Well at the end of the day the story matters too. 

But as you said their could have been some of Maheswari's or Singhania's to get the yrkkh vibes. But no their is none not even Naksh, Keerthi. Where did Surekha go and the twins lots of character are missing in the Goenka's itself. 

I feel bad about it too she is Karthik and Sirat's daughter even if their is a problem between sisters Aarohi is still their daughter they would have taught the same values to both of them. Then how will one be a goody good and another a pure vamp. If they show like that then isn't that entirely letting the old characters down after all they were the previous hero and heroin of this story. 

And then again this story is a remake so who knows what's going to happen. 

Edited by hari15 - 2 years ago
umawanderer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Salutethearmy

It seems Star wanted to axe YRKKH.

I guess RS did not want to loose his slot or the show, after a number of meetings he does retain the slot but Icche Nodee becomes YRKKH 3.

Logically  a new show based on Icche Nodee would have been a better option..

It Is k ind of dicey as the writer is just following the original. The Birla family are full of rebels and there are no YRKKH vibes.

The writer has to concentrate on the Goenka's, reduce Aarohi's obsession, get a dada or dadi for the Birla's and tone the negative atmosphere which essentially was the key feature of Icche Nodee.

If we leave everything aside then in 2019, RS had YRHPK on board with Shaheer and Rhea as leads.  He brought back Maheshwari's but infused sibling rivalry and jealously. THIS WASN'T THE CASE AS KUHU AND MISHTI WERE ON VERY GOOD TERMS WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE. 

In the spin off their relationship was toxic.

The show did not get the reqd numbers and shut down after a year of being on air.

The writer has to watch the OG YRKKH episodes if he wants to retain trp audiences 

@bold Ok... So.. the channel wanted to axe YRKKH but could not give the same time slot to the new remake... I guess that is why they just did it.. In ITV more than the content.. It is the time slot that is valuable.. I understand that. Many nice shows have been shut because of their placement.

But if they did want to revamp the show why not take a series which had less negativity.. which will be closer to be the YRKKH family type...

They have already seen that bringing toxicity is a failure (@purple) in this series... According to what you said YRHPK suffered because it was not much related to the original show..

BTW.. thank you for this much info...You seem to know a lot about these things...

austen-eliot thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Bahut bura kiya hai production house ne. Really I don't get any yrkkh vibes at all. If it was a totally new show it would have been better. Now the harshad fan base which is quite large have started watching the show but from what I gather from comments and posts it doesn't seem like they used to watch yrkkh before. And those who are the original fans of the show I don't know how much they are able to relate to it now. The obsessive love story that they are apparently remaking seems to have no connection to the Singhania or Goenka family. I feel really let down. I would really like to know what are the views of other long-standing yrkkh fans? 

hari15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: austen-eliot

Bahut bura kiya hai production house ne. Really I don't get any yrkkh vibes at all. If it was a totally new show it would have been better. Now the harshad fan base which is quite large have started watching the show but from what I gather from comments and posts it doesn't seem like they used to watch yrkkh before. And those who are the original fans of the show I don't know how much they are able to relate to it now. The obsessive love story that they are apparently remaking seems to have no connection to the Singhania or Goenka family. I feel really let down. I would really like to know what are the views of other long-standing yrkkh fans? 

I haven't watched the show on a daily basis but used to watch it every now and then and I my self can't relate season 3 to 1 & 2.

I wish this doesn't go down like yrhpk.

I tell you we need to place a grandma in Birla house very soon🤣

Edited by hari15 - 2 years ago
Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hari15

I haven't watched the show on a daily basis but used to watch it every now and then and I my self can't relate season 3 to 1 & 2.

I wish this doesn't go down like yrhpk.

I tell you we need to place a grandma in Birla house very soon🤣

BIRLA IS EQUAL TO RAJVANSH PARIVAAR.

RAJAN KO YRHPK SE ITNA PYAAR HAI TOH USKO OFF AIR HI KYON KIYA 

THERE WERE SOME COMIC ELEMENTS IN THE SPIN OFF

THE BIRLAS ARE  GHUM HAI KISSI KE PYAAR MEIN  LITE VERSION. 

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Just some of actors are changed. Rest of the crew, some of the cast is still the same. Also not to forget they keep dropping similarities with either the season 1 or season 2 characters. Like the intro song of Akshu is similar to akshara and naira's. 

Although the online audience may find problems with the show, the trp audience may still connect with the new gen as Akshu is still the grand daughter of Akshara and kaira. They showed the o kanha song for connect with season 1 and chocolate kachori to connect with kaira audience. 

Just wish they have a better story arc for kairav. His entire role cannot be about just protecting his sisters. Even here it is a repeat of Naksh getting sidelined for Naira 🙄. 

hari15 thumbnail

I definitely don't want a GHKKPM vibes yaar. 😭

umawanderer thumbnail

Oh God Nothing but that family☢️... their fights gave me PTSD of our office meetings... Everyone talks alot.. one person ends up being a scapegoat.. and there will never be a proper conclsion.. It just goes on and on and on pointlessly..😭