Kajol winning best actress for K3G in 2001-2002

Posted: 2 years ago

Kajol in K3G was actually the weakest link in the movie. She was loud and unbearable. Tabu's performance in Chandni Bar was the best female performance of 2001, and there were some others like Karisma's performance in Zubeida which were superlative.

Do you Kajol winning the Filmrfare that year was the biggest joke in the history of Filmfare awards?

I haven't seen the other two movies so can't compare, but I think Kajol was quite good in K3G, her character was supposed to be loud and unbearable ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by infinity101

I haven't seen the other two movies so can't compare, but I think Kajol was quite good in K3G, her character was supposed to be loud and unbearable ðŸ˜†

No I think she was supposed to be funny but she ended up being cringey...comedy is so not her forte...Kareena was much better than her!

Originally posted by mintyblue

No I think she was supposed to be funny but she ended up being cringey...comedy is so not her forte...Kareena was much better than her!

I think everyone except for Amitabh overacted in that film ðŸ˜†

Kajol was good in the genre that she was portraying (loud bubbly girl) but it wasn't an award worthy performance. Tabu should have won for Chandni Bar.

That said, K3G is still a more deserving win than her win for MNIK.

Originally posted by mintyblue

Wow just wow. Kareena was horrendous. These PR articles have made it like some legendary performance.

Comedy is always tougher than a Serious role and she was quite funny to me.

Edited by TMKOC_MY - 2 years ago

Most of the Filmfare awards were jokes... they started one more awards show, don't remember the name, entire Bachchan family was given an award per each member...

2001 for me:

1. Karisma Kapoor - Zubeidaa

2. Tabu - Chandni Bar

3. Manisha Koirala - Lajja

4. Kajol - K3G

5. Juhi Chawla - One 2 Ka 4

6. Kareena Kapoor - Asoka

Bollywood movie awards are always bogus but early 2000s it was on another level. None of it made sense. 

Looks like things haven't held and aged well for Kajol as one might have expected. Back then (after the release of the movie) Kajol was seen as the Best Thing/Stand Out Performer of the movie. She was all over SRK (as in domination). It was the same case with One Two Ka Four as well (Juhi/SRK), but it's forgotten. 

Not every actor can stand the test of time. I haven't seen K3G in over a decade so can't say if Kajol's act has aged badly. My response is solely based on the talk post the release.