Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: harun98

also she has to thank mega star hrithik roshan for giving her 1st big clean commercial blockbuster krissh and ajay devgan. 

TWMR or TWM are as commercial as it gets

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Originally posted by: harun98

Katrina Kaif gave big hits like new york with a debutant director flop actor niel nitin mukesh and John Abraham of all actors lol, gross 46 crore which was big in 2009, same year she gave APKGK tituler role with Ranbir Kapoors first hit, amongst top 3 grossers of the year, she wasn't a great actress but a crowd puller, kangana doesn't compare lol where her movies grew on wom,  katrina actually opened those movies. Kangana being a superstar is a joke of the century, more like self-proclaimed, she was just another Vidya Balan

Manikarnika opened with 7.75 crore in domestic market. On its second day,which coincided with Republic Day holiday, the film collected 18.10 crore. On its third day the movie remained steady and collected 15.50 crore, taking its opening weekend domestic collection to 41.35 crore, making it the highest weekend collection for a female-led movie. Its domestic nett collection in the opening week was 61.15 crore.

You want to say this means nothing? 🤭

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Pirated_Fun

Actually there is no Female Superstar in Hindi cinema for last 30 years. Kangana had the potential though, She ruined it with Art house film choices and all her offscreen bullshit after TWMR. Katrina, Kareena, Deepika they could never be Superstars because They have been only successful while acting in Big Budget movies with Superstars. I said Kangana had potential because even Manikarnika did 100 crores. Which is the 3rd highest for any female lead films.

i disagree..Katrina..kareena..deepika..priyanka are superstars in every sense of the word..they are perhaps the last ones to achieve this status..alia is the only one who is coming close..it is more than just hits or flops..like aish is a superstar but her BO is as bad as kangana's..

i remember i made a topic in 2015 where i argued with everyone on why can't we call kangana a superstar..that was after TWMR did 150cr business..and i was told consistency is the key. and i was 80% sure that after this she would sign all the right movies which will most definitely work at the BO..it is a total shock what a nutjob she became after that along with delivering flops after flops..

PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pirated_Fun

Manikarnika opened with 7.75 crore in domestic market. On its second day,which coincided with Republic Day holiday, the film collected 18.10 crore. On its third day the movie remained steady and collected 15.50 crore, taking its opening weekend domestic collection to 41.35 crore, making it the highest weekend collection for a female-led movie. Its domestic nett collection in the opening week was 61.15 crore.

You want to say this means nothing? 🤭

Veere di wedding opened at 11 crores without Govt support or Holiday release.  Raazi opened at 7.5 crs in 1200 screens lesser than manikarnika and vicky was not even known back then. Every other film release of hers opened less than films of Vidya, Sonakshi and even Sonam despite national level publicity stunts. So, i rest my case 😆

Edited by PardesiBabu - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Softness

Four times National Award winner. No other Bollywood mainstream actress is even close to her.

All her women centric movies have been amazing and are the biggest grossers among all women centric movies in Bollywood. No other Bollywood mainstream actress is even close to her. 

So she has both critical acclaim and box office on her side and she is miles miles ahead of others. These are facts which cannot be denied. 

Except her national film awards, everything else you stated in your post are merely your personal opinions. And opinions cannot become facts no matter how emphatically and confidently you state them. Her movies put an average movie goer into deep sleep, no matter how amazing they are to you and the minority like you.  The BO numbers are the clear litmus test to any movie. Audience are the final judges and except 3 movies, ALL her movies including Gangster,Woh Lamhe etc have all been either average fares or disasters! So there!

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

No, actually.. vyjanyhimala was the first and only female superstar in Hindi Cinema.

Sridevi and Madhuri were big stars but not like Vyjanyhimala.

Rindo Bbb GIF - Rindo Bbb Espuma - Discover & Share GIFs

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

i remember i made a topic in 2015 where i argued with everyone on why can't we call kangana a superstar..that was after TWMR did 150cr business..and i was told consistency is the key. and i was 80% sure that after this she would sign all the right movies which will most definitely work at the BO..it is a total shock what a nutjob she became after that along with delivering flops after flops..

I remember that topic and I said id rather fall on broken glass than acknowledge her a superstar. 

I think the glass is the choice we’d all make now 😆

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

i disagree..Katrina..kareena..deepika..priyanka are superstars in every sense of the word..they are perhaps the last ones to achieve this status..alia is the only one who is coming close..it is more than just hits or flops..like aish is a superstar but her BO is as bad as kangana's..

Which movies of these superstars were carried by them..solely them?

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This reminds me of her infamous Cannes fail. Remember the photoshopped pics where she added fake crowds waiting for her glimpse? When in the real pic not a single person cared for her. There was only her sister and her team.

😆

Even people who don't know said person can feel the aura of a superstar esp when they are decked to the nines like at Cannes. 

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

No, actually.. vyjanyhimala was the first and only female superstar in Hindi Cinema.

Sridevi and Madhuri were big stars but not like Vyjanyhimala.

Vyjanthimala was the only superstar? Hmmm, why do you say that?