Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Also again pointing out, the problematic part in the ad isn't Hrithik or Katrina, they are actors for them it is just another ad but the problematic part is the idealogy of the company being presented here after the backlash that a delivery agent can't even spend a second for a selfie or to take cake from the customer since the next delivery is pending. Some delivery agents themselves ask for water after a tough ride esp in the afternoon, so what are they supposed to do, not wait for it?

This is classic corporate life in India. Make your employees slog like robots and expect productivity while presenting your company as customer centric. Better just use robots for deliveries na?

I'm glad people are able to see the blatant hogwash that they are doing while masking it with a customer centric advertisment. The fact that they had to shoot these ads in a rush after the backlash speaks volumes of how wide the issue has spread.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I do not concur with this line of thinking at all.

Instant delivery doesn't mean that you stretch your employees to their limit. Instead of hiring 10 people to do 100 deliveries, they can hire 20 people so that they can breathe a bit.

Saying these people took these jobs knowing fully well how demanding they are - agree, but it is out of desperation. They didn't prefer it. They chose something over starvation and death. But it doesn't mean that that something cannot be exploitative.

Also, people can protest and critcize the government's failure to provide employment - they are already doing that - while still fighting for the rights of employees who are being expoited. It isn't either this or that. Both can be prioritized.

Totally agree with you.

It's straight up exploitation and people are right to kick up a fuss about it. I'm so glad that social media is used to fight social injustices like this.

Then you've got donkeys-ass looking people justifying it like hello you're looking like the type that doesn't tip your delivery people anyways please stfu.

Chopra Kya GIFs | Tenor

Ptooey thumbnail

Do you pay your help more than your neighbors do? They certainly deserve more than you pay them. You pay them less than their labor deserves then try to justify it to yourself giving  leftover mithai, fancy snacks to them once a week.  

Edited by Ptooey - 2 years ago
Justice4Samosa thumbnail

šŸ˜†

https://twitter.com/CockRoch3/status/1432682936646574085?s=19

Didn't even Hrithik put up a story wearing the same clothes with a filter on the sets a month ago? 

https://twitter.com/HrithikRules/status/1418909092668710919?s=19

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Glad people are calling this out, I saw Kat posted this ad on her Instagram and I was immediately uncomfortable.

also proved the point no matter how ā€œrelatableā€ celebs are they are tone deaf

Great way to prompt overworking Zomatoā€¦how much do you pay your workers to not even take 5 min break, to give them anxiety?

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rangeelaa

Glad people are calling this out, I saw Kat posted this ad on her Instagram and I was immediately uncomfortable.

also proved the point no matter how ā€œrelatableā€ celebs are they are tone deaf

I don't expect anything from celebs. They all will do whatever ads that pay them no matter what message they're sending. They don't care - it's just a paycheck for them. There is no point in them turning down awful ads either because some other celebrity will immediately take the job so the ad will still be made. If we were in their place, we'd do the ads too because nobody cares about the greater good when it comes to their own money. 

That's why it's these corporates that need to be held responsible. They are the only ones that can change exploitative culture and they will only do so if they see their customers actually care. However, I think criticism like for Zomato is just a storm in a teacup. The majority of people don't give AF - they want cheap food and they want it now - who cares if it exploits workers. Some of the entitled posts here are proof of that. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

glorification of helplessness n exploitation of delivery boys is not cool 

Corporate culture to romanticise poverty n exploitation of d poor . Help but donā€™t romanticise d exploitation .

Edited by Nonpareil - 2 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Would request people to educate themselves a bit before jumping the gun to defend Zomato's unfair practices

https://thewire.in/labour/after-zomato-ipo-can-we-have-a-more-honest-discussion-on-gig-labour

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

šŸ˜†

https://twitter.com/CockRoch3/status/1432682936646574085?s=19

Didn't even Hrithik put up a story wearing the same clothes with a filter on the sets a month ago? 

https://twitter.com/HrithikRules/status/1418909092668710919?s=19

The response is so lame.

So what if they shot it 2 months ago (let's assume it is true) - they could still not publish and promote the ad. The company is worth billions of dollars. Certainly they could let a few lakhs be wasted and re-shoot the ad with their brand ambassadors?

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

classic corporaye culture of India. Act like its all like family here which gives you the right to expect employees to overwork and they cant even protest cause come on we r a team a family we will give our all in this ,then show ads shich make it look like the employees are doing it happily bcz they just love serving ,their dissatisfactory job is something they are so passionate about.Glorify the exploitation and overtime you make your employees do bcz oh its not that u r doing it for your comoany profit you are doing it because u looov ur customers