Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Taify

Exactly!

and these same people whining are the ones who abuse delivery boys when they're late.

Oh yeah. I have seen that first hand in India. The people are just so inconsiderate towards these deliverymen. They abuse them and cancel the orders and demand refunds at the drop of a hat, making them lose the money because the company cuts that money from their salaries. Instead of asking the companies to change their whole selling point, we can ask people to be more considerate and accommodative. I have seen Indians particularly lacking in this department, whether they are in India or outside of India. 

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Nvm

Edited by AdrakChai - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I do not concur with this line of thinking at all.

Instant delivery doesn't mean that you stretch your employees to their limit. Instead of hiring 10 people to do 100 deliveries, they can hire 20 people so that they can breathe a bit.

Saying these people took these jobs knowing fully well how demanding they are - agree, but it is out of desperation. They didn't prefer it. They chose something over starvation and death. But it doesn't mean that that something cannot be exploitative.

Also, people can protest and critcize the government's failure to provide employment - they are already doing that - while still fighting for the rights of employees who are being expoited. It isn't either this or that. Both can be prioritized.

And yet, these so-called 'social justice warriors' are the first ones to scream and shout at the delivery partners if they don't arrive on time. It's nothing but hypocrisy and a lame attempt to sound socially aware. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

The whole selling point of Zomato is that they will deliver in no time. Which means the people who are seeking jobs in the company know fully well what they were getting into. People should stop making noise about everything. There are actually people who are dying without any jobs, how about you’ll start crying and whining and complaining about the unemployment situation and doing something positive for once? 

No idea what people taking a job in that company (or in another, for that) espect or have in mind, but I agree that - if one is knowing about the difficulties - one could act in a positive way to the delivering persons (with a tip and a smile and a heartfelt thank you ... i.e.)

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

How is it exploitative when it is in the job description itself?Whether you are taking it up out of desperation or whatever, as long as the employer didn’t put a gun to your head, how is it the employer’s problem? It’s like saying the Army men are being exploited because they were being asked to take a bullet. I mean, what even? 

This is classic HR speak.

These companies have the wherewithal to hire the best possible legal teams to help them with drafting JDs and contracts, so that they are well within the bounds of the law.

But there's a difference between legal and ethical - one can do things that are unethical while being fully legal. You can read up on some of the accusations against such big corporations.

This entire campaign was crafted by Zomato as part of damage control because it was facing the heat due to some of their questionable practices and poor work culture. But I guess it backfired because it only exposed how they exploit their workers.

And yes, workers get willingly exploited because there is seemingly no better alternative for them. But that doesn't make it okay for such corporations to get away so easily.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

And yet, these so-called 'social justice warriors' are the first ones to scream and shout at the delivery partners if they don't arrive on time. It's nothing but hypocrisy and a lame attempt to sound socially aware. 

It's easy to generalize. Who exactly are you talking about?

My friends, who care about such issues, are some of the most compassionate and empathetic people. I am only further inspired by them.

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Till the time I don't see boycott Zomato trending for a day.... I won't believe the ads are receiving backlash...as boycott trending seems to be in these days 😆

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

It's easy to generalize. Who exactly are you talking about?

My friends, who care about such issues, are some of the most compassionate and empathetic people. I am only further inspired by them.

The point is, nobody likes to be kept waiting for food they paid for and are eagerly anticipating. Most people will become rude and irritable if the delivery partners are not on time. And that includes these 'great souls' who are delivering indignant lectures on how it is 'exploitation' to expect the delivery partners to be on time. These saints will also become devils temporarily if they're kept waiting because the delivery partner was partying with Hrithik and Katrina. 

Edited by Mahisa_22 - 2 years ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Katrina is really Hot 🥵

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

The point is, nobody likes to be kept waiting for food they paid for and are eagerly anticipating. Most people will become rude and irritable if the delivery partners are not on time. And that includes these 'great souls' who are delivering indignant lectures on how it is 'exploitation' to expect the delivery partners to be on time. These saints will also become devils temporarily if they're kept waiting because the delivery partner was partying with Hrithik and Katrina. 

Only a moron would be angry with the delivery partners. If people are not satisfied with a service, they would be angry with the company, because they know that a small delivery boy has very little power or control over anything.