Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I felt the same when I watched it first.

I think he entered the bottle of his own free will so people think they have gotten rid of the ghost.

As for the the husband’s soul.. I think it’s like how people are possessed by ghosts….  😆

Yeah and I felt bad for the husband in that scene. 😆I mean he was not a bad guy. He only did what his father told him to though he was wrong in leaving his wife like that. He did miss his wife and that's why returned before the 5 years were over. In the end he not just lost his wife to the ghost but also his own identity and freedom.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Yeah and I felt bad for the husband in that scene. 😆I mean he was not a bad guy. He only did what his father told him to though he was wrong in leaving his wife like that. He did miss his wife and that's why returned before the 5 years were over. In the end he not just lost his wife to the ghost but also his own identity and freedom.

I felt bad too..😆

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ajeeb-ladki

If ghosts are like perfect person, can eat, sleep, work, even get someone pregnant...Literally everything that a real person can do and even better, then, it's obvious why she chose a ghost..!😆

ok, honestly, I think the ghost is just a stand-in for another man. This movie was based on a very old folktale. In those days, you couldn't possibly create or perform a story about a married woman hating her husband and leaving him for another man. Instead, these types of themes were spread using a plot device like a ghost and the magical realism is supposed to be amusing and entertaining enough that people don't get offended. 

It's how you spread heavy messages by disguising them in fairy tales that could even be told to children. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

ok, honestly, I think the ghost is just a stand-in for another man. This movie was based on a very old folktale. In those days, you couldn't possibly create or perform a story about a married woman hating her husband and leaving him for another man. Instead, these types of themes were spread using a plot device like a ghost and the magical realism is supposed to be amusing and entertaining enough that people don't get offended. 

It's how you spread heavy messages by disguising them in fairy tales that could even be told to children. 

Yes… that’s true.. it would have led to so much outrage..

Kishan chooses money over his wife and Lachi chooses bhoot over Kishan.

Most people though completely missed the point of the movie 😆

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yes… that’s true.. it would have led to so much outrage..

Kishan chooses money over his wife and Lachi chooses bhoot over Kishan.

Most people though completely missed the point of the movie 😆

Most BW movies that are even slightly complicated don't work. The working class audience makes up a big percentage of the theater-going audience and all they want to do is sit and vegetate in front of the screen. Indians also take their whole families to watch a movie so children are definitely not going to understand what is happening and will complain to their parents. That's why masala movies are such a draw - it's just 2 hours of stupidity, stunts and songs. Actually Marvel movies are offering the same type of amusement park experience now to HW audiences. 

Now streaming can do more complicated or niche movies because it brings a different audience. People can also watch by themselves instead of with their family so they don't have to please everyone.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Most BW movies that are even slightly complicated don't work. The working class audience makes up a big percentage of the theater-going audience and all they want to do is sit and vegetate in front of the screen. Indians also take their whole families to watch a movie so children are definitely not going to understand what is happening and will complain to their parents. That's why masala movies are such a draw - it's just 2 hours of stupidity, stunts and songs. Actually Marvel movies are offering the same type of amusement park experience now to HW audiences. 

Now streaming can do more complicated or niche movies because it brings a different audience. People can also watch by themselves instead of with their family so they don't have to please everyone.

True.. 

though I don’t think the movie was that hard to comprehend for adults especially.. movies like Masti, Biwi no 1, Garam masala are far worse to show kids. 

At the time time..movies like “murder” were considered dirty.

Though we see a gradual shift in the way content and movies are viewed, Indian audiences are moving towards realism but Bollywood is also loosing its earlier charm, especially in the romance genre. We are only getting movies that have to do with some leader of sorts or patriotic movies.

There are so many stories to tell. We have such a rich culture. There’s a warmth that is missing in movies these days.

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Movie is trash 😆

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

It had such a different storyline like the ghost immediately told her that he is not her husband and he could not lie to her and then he lives with her as her husband's identity and the ghost was better than a human being he was loving & caring 😛

esprit_00 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I actually liked the movie - it was so different than the norm and very artistic. It was based on Folklore so obviously it’s not supposed to be reality but the theme and underlying meaning of the plot holds a lot of significance even in today’s times.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

It didn't make me uncomfortable - I watched it as a kid  first, though I didn't grasp the meaning fully - I enjoyed the music and cinematography.. 

I think the movie was bit ahead of its times - a married woman who chooses a ghost over her husband 😆

A married woman chooses someone who loved her, was honest with her and respected her wishes over a douchebag husband for who she was third priority......after money and his own family....I loved this movie, I have watched it a few times....it is one of the best women empowerment movie....like you said ahead of its time.....the ghost wasn't important....the ghost was just an illusion which made her realize that she had a choice.....a choice any woman who has been lied to, is not given enough importance....can make if given a chance....too bad that a lot of people didn't get the idea behind the movie and took it for its face value.🤔