Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why couldn't Preeti Jhangiani become a top actress?

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Beautiful, dream debut, good actress.....she had everything going for her. Why couldn't she make it big as an actress?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

If I remember correctly, even I wondered the same thing

She was touted as the next big thing after Mohabbatein...everyone loved her and jimmy's pairing the most ( well, amongst d ppl I knew at any rate)

I think it because her face bloated up due to some unfortunate illness and her looks changed drastically...if my memory serves me correct...this was within a few years of mohabbatein and she was replaced in every film

Edited by mintyblue - 2 years ago
mintyblue thumbnail

"Besides I fell ill after 'Mohabbatein', so I opted out of the other films too. I had to take medication that caused my face to swell. I had developed some blood infection. It was not serious, but I did lose out on precious time."

https://www.santabanta.com/hollywood/10093/i-am-not-getting-the-right-films-preeti-jhangiani/

mintyblue thumbnail

I think Preeti, Amrita Rao and Ayesha Takia were the best finds of the 2000's...but audience preferred Bips and Bebo

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Preeti was indeed very pretty and she was the most loved girl from Mohabbatein ðŸ˜Š She was sweet and we all thought she was gonna make it big. She did some bad movies and I think that's where it started going downhill ! If only she got the best movies she could have been a top actress she had it all.

mintyblue thumbnail

Preeti should have won d best debutante over Kareena or Ameesha, IMO

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

She was really pretty.  I saw her last in this film called Mazhavillu with Vineeth . She played the wife of a guy whose crazy friend gets obsessed with her and tries to kill her. Acted well. 

I love the scene in Mohabbatein where she runs out to join to the dancers out in the street.  She looked better in white though.  Pristine. 

Tv actress Gauri Pradhan always reminded me of her 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

She was without a doubt the most talented out of the trio from mohabatein..looked the best..acted the best. danced the best..her classical dance was so so good. if she was a preeti kapoor for instance..she would not be where she is today..she did pick some horrible movies where she acted horribly too but what can you expect when the product and director and production values are all abysmal..sad that she lost out time coz of illness ..which i am hearing for the first time..

priya185 thumbnail

She is pretty 

Maybe she was not ambitious 

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJenco0Dt4&ab_channel=Rajshri

She was kinda the national crush of that time after this. As others have commented, the timing of her illness ruined her career.