Ibrahim Ali Khan and Agastya Nanda are AD's for Rocky Aur Rani - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

The audacity of still continuing this nepotism parade without any sharam is nauseating. 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

What do Assistant directors do in a movie??

I would have more respect for these idiots if they didn't pretend to work their way up to star in a movie....like you are a star kid.....just accept that and get launched.....who do these people fool..I don't have a problem with nepo kids being launched...I have a problem when they start whining about their problems and how they worked so hard to get a movie...like STFU..

šŸ˜²

This is the meanest I've ever seen you...and that to to your crush's son??!?!? šŸ˜’

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Jahnvi went for like 3 months to do some course. Thatā€™s hardly studying. Khushi was supposed to go for a year to NYFA but I guess the pandemic ruined plans.

Suhana is doing a real 4 year degree. And anyway, more than acting itself, itā€™s a way to see the world and grow up in peace for a while instead of just jumping into films.

I kind of have hope for Suhana.

I once saw a video where she is 4-5 years old and someone asked what her mom calls out to SRK.. she's like, mummy says... ."Shah rukh... KHAANA KHA LO.. SHAH RUKH KHAANA KHALO....ā¤ļøšŸ¤£"

This is forever imprinted in my memory for some reason.šŸ˜†

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

I would have more respect for these idiots if they didn't pretend to work their way up to star in a movie....like you are a star kid.....just accept that and get launched.....who do these people fool..I don't have a problem with nepo kids being launched...I have a problem when they start whining about their problems and how they worked so hard to get a movie...like STFU..

šŸ˜†

I think its to get experiance. šŸ˜†

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ 

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In general, ADs have a helacious job maintaining schedules, coordinating with directors and actors, keeping the show running, etc.

It's spectacular that Bollywood is the only industry in the world where ADs have their own assistants and they're supposed to learn without actually doing anything (nepo-kids).

I find it sad that someone like Kashyap who always said that you need real-life experience than these sanitized experiences in cinema--has become part of honorary traditions in cinema.

While hierarchy has always existed in Bollywood, it's sad to claim that Karan Johar has been the single-handed driver in pushing products of nepotism.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

His love formula isnā€™t working these days šŸ˜†

Leads me to believe it was never really him.. it was the actors.. and none are that good these days..

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaayaOfKaaya

In general, ADs have a helacious job maintaining schedules, coordinating with directors and actors, keeping the show running, etc.

It's spectacular that Bollywood is the only industry in the world where ADs have their own assistants and they're supposed to learn without actually doing anything (nepo-kids).

I find it sad that someone like Kashyap who always said that you need real-life experience than these sanitized experiences in cinema--has become part of honorary traditions in cinema.

While hierarchy has always existed in Bollywood, it's sad to claim that Karan Johar has been the single-handed driver in pushing products of nepotism.

I think the idea is not just promoting your friendā€™s kids whom you have known forever.. because you can trust them and it must be super comfortable for them to work around people you knowā€¦

But thereā€™s generally a lot of hype around the celeb kids.. people are already familiar with them.. itā€™s very rare that a new face who we have never seen anywhere just show up from nowhere.. they are already working in the industry.

Looking at the trend these days, BW also has competition with OTT platforms (especially for people who scrutinise things they watch donā€™t donā€™t consume content blindly; the masses however will watch them regardless)  , many good actors are getting lucrative roles on these OTT  platforms, and Bollywood has very limited things to showcase in terms of acting. Itā€™s mostly the same old formula.. Kjo movies were only good in the 90s.. none of the romance movies actually work because the simplicity is gone, plus none of the actors in current gen have the charm to sell it.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Assistant Directors do MOST of the work on film sets. Not only that, they are under the most stress and pressure (at times).

Some of y'all have zero clue about film-making but giving expert advice.

My first time on a film set, I was surprised to learn eventually the man actually directing seemed to be doing so little work. It's not like they show in the movies with a man in a chair with a hat on backwards shouting "Action" and "Cut".

Karan Tillam GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I kind of have hope for Suhana.

šŸ˜†

I donā€™t even care whether SRKā€™s kids end up being hits or not but I sincerely hope they end up having a brain and give good interviews. We have such a dearth of smart people now with dumbos like Sara, Ananya, Jahnvi and the likes. These people bring zero interest to the industry. If SRKā€™s kids end up disappointing too, it would be so sad. 

Honestly though I have more faith in Aryan than Suhana. Heā€™s quiet and low key and minds his own business and doesnā€™t want to be known for frivolous things. His voiceover in the Lion King was excellent. If heā€™s going to be a director, I hope he makes a good movie. Iā€™m so happy heā€™s not an AD on KJoā€™s movie. šŸ˜‚

Edited by hotchoco - 2 years ago