Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuttingChai thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

How ? Its not the Royal box behind the Royals. This is French Open. Anyone can do this.

But I agree its because of Choonawala, PC is there.

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Been there, done that, without any help from the likes of Natasha Poonahwala

Edited by MooPoint - 2 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Lol PC probably thinks they are on to something new but people been doing them gol gappa shots for years. We do them for parties sometimes if the menu is Desi. 

PC isn't on to anything because she doesn't own the restaurant as I said. The guy who actually owns it is a NY based entrepreneur and he knows the city and how important just looking cool and being seen at the trendy places is. This is mainly geared towards rich white people who know nothing about Indian food and want to look like they're getting some flavor. I mean imagine avocado in pani puri. Disgusting. 🤣

That's why they got a celebrity on board to publicize it. Soon they will line up a few paps outside as more restrictions lift so thirsty celebs can come to get pics taken. That in turn draws more of the regular crowds too. This is how many popular restaurants in LA operate too - there is nothing special about the food. I mean there are famous ice-cream shops where a bland scoop of vanilla ice-cream is like 15 dollars. 😆

priya185 thumbnail

Congratulations to PC. I think she was Natasha’s buddy for the final that’s how she probably got tickets 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MooPoint

Ya one shot of normal paani. Vodka pani is $6 + tax. with Avacado in it. 😆 main course is much better priced.

😳 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

It's the novelty of it and you are paying for the ambiance. It's not the gol gappas themselves as they are made with cheap ingredients, there ain't no truffles or caviar in there to justify that price. There's a restaurant here that isn't cheap either, $8 + tax for 6 gol gappa shots smiley39 (that's a $1.33 per gol gappa) but they have been doing this for a few years now and their decor is pretty sick unlike PC's boring one.  

Lol PC probably thinks they are on to something new but people been doing them gol gappa shots for years. We do them for parties sometimes if the menu is Desi. 

True like all branded stuff, this too is just the hype. Agree with ambience too. That I understand. And will fully indulge in $25+ entrees. $8 is normal for us 😆..

But the way she spoke about Sona , like 3 yrs of planning etc makes it seem like she is involved in everything but looks like she just a influencer whose PR just brings in the ppl by duping them into thinking its her restaurant. 

Now if its celebrated Chef's restaurants too, the menu and recipes are set by them but in the end its just overhyped restaurants. Sanjeev Kapoor's restaurants had really good food though. 

Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

PC is more like a C lister in Hollywood but I think she can easily be an A+ socialite because of her contacts😆

CuttingChai thumbnail

Instead of Aloo channa .

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hotchoco

PC isn't on to anything because she doesn't own the restaurant as I said. The guy who actually owns it is a NY based entrepreneur and he knows the city and how important just looking cool and being seen at the trendy places is. This is mainly geared towards rich white people who know nothing about Indian food and want to look like they're getting some flavor. I mean imagine avocado in pani puri. Disgusting. 🤣

That's why they got a celebrity on board to publicize it. Soon they will line up a few paps outside as more restrictions lift so thirsty celebs can come to get pics taken. That in turn draws more of the regular crowds too. This is how many popular restaurants in LA operate too - there is nothing special about the food. I mean there are famous ice-cream shops where a bland scoop of vanilla ice-cream is like 15 dollars. 😆

That's so weird though, maybe PC is investing in the restaurant? I was honestly thinking that they are catering to the rich, white crowds. As someone who eats avocado on the regular, that would be so nasty in pani puri. I would replace the avo with tofu since that takes on the flavour of everything around it. Hey if they are making money off of dumb white people then you know what go for it. Money and networking is a win-win.

Here I been crying about $3/scoop. So you are telling me that all those famous ice-cream shops really are not worth it? How big are the servings? Is it a single, regular, Baskin Robbins scoop? Dessert cafes tend to range for $12 - $25 but those servings are large enough for me to share with 2-3 other people so the price, although expensive is justified.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MooPoint

But the way she spoke about Sona , like 3 yrs of planning etc makes it seem like she is involved in everything but looks like she just a influencer whose PR just brings in the ppl by duping them into thinking its her restaurant. 

Yeah, it's weird. It seems like the owner himself exposed her because he talked to the Times for the review. Not sure why if that was their publicity plan. Or maybe the NY Times actually bothered to ask real questions instead of just copy pasting like regular PR articles do. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/dining/sona-restaurant-review.html

Here's the relevant quote because I'm not sure it will work without a subscription. 

>>Maneesh K. Goyal, an entrepreneur and the principal owner, has said he dreamed that Sona could do “what Nobu did for Japanese food, make it a destination for great cuisine, and of the moment.” Having Robert De Niro as a partner helped fuel Nobu’s early expansion; Sona has the actor and singer Priyanka Chopra Jonas, a creative consultant who has no ownership stake in the restaurant but gets most of the media coverage.

“I consider her Sona’s muse,” Mr. Goyal has said. “Priyanka helps elevate and identify all the different ways we can be a global Indian place because she’s a true global Indian.”<<

CuttingChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Yeah, it's weird. It seems like the owner himself exposed her because he talked to the Times for the review. Not sure why if that was their publicity plan. Or maybe the NY Times actually bothered to ask real questions instead of just copy pasting like regular PR articles do. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/07/dining/sona-restaurant-review.html

Here's the relevant quote because I'm not sure it will work without a subscription. 

>>Maneesh K. Goyal, an entrepreneur and the principal owner, has said he dreamed that Sona could do “what Nobu did for Japanese food, make it a destination for great cuisine, and of the moment.” Having Robert De Niro as a partner helped fuel Nobu’s early expansion; Sona has the actor and singer Priyanka Chopra Jonas, a creative consultant who has no ownership stake in the restaurant but gets most of the media coverage.

“I consider her Sona’s muse,” Mr. Goyal has said. “Priyanka helps elevate and identify all the different ways we can be a global Indian place because she’s a true global Indian.”<<

Creative consultant - so she probably said how she want her Mimi room to be I guess. I didnt know DeNiro was ambassador for Nobu.

From his insta- 

From the design, to the menu, to the music, to even the name, Priyanka has her fingerprints all over SONA.