Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aye-masakalii thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: RainbowUnicorm

Beautiful song and VM....very well made. Please send it to Shivangi insta too...its lovely. 

Can you tell me which movie this song is from ? Where can I find it?

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! ❤️

The song isn't from a movie, it's from the show Satyamev Jayate which Aamir Khan used to host many years back. They used to do every episode on a different social issue, and had some beautiful original songs to go along with it. This is the song from the episode on domestic violence, and it's called Sakhi. You can check it out here: 

Sakhi from Satyamev Jayate

Edited by aye-masakalii - 2 years ago
MissWiseUnicorn thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Your video is so beautiful! ❤️ It literally brought tears to my eyes😭 

You are absolutely right. Everyone in the D-fam, except Aai, Nikhil and Kaka, were emotionally abusive to Pallavi. They never held her back and always acknowledged her efforts to please the D-fam. 

Initially, I didn't think VD's behaviour was strange, because I thought that he might be overprotective of Pallavi, especially after Mandar's death. However, as time passed I realised that he was using Pallavi for his own benefit and emotionally blackmailed her to push herself to breaking point (she skipped lunch many times and even fainted during Mansi's mehendi ceremony during one of his rants). I was absolutely shocked when VD didn't apologise to Pallavi after the whole abortion scandal and pretended that nothing ever happened. 

I am so happy that Pallavi is finally in a safe(er) environment where she has the liberty to voice her own thoughts and be appreciated for anything she does for the Raos. 

RAGHVIFAM thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hat off you you are so amazing 🤗

Loved your vm and about pallavi past ❤️

It really amazing how you show the whole thing about abuse sometimes people things only physical abuse is the domestic abuse not mental 🤗👏

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshubhangi

You have expressed what was running in my mind. I have stopped watching VD parts, it's disgusting. Sulo is fulfilling her vamp role. Mansi' character was quite good initially especially on the episode where Sulo stops Pallavi from attending Mansi' wedding rituals. Mansi has become irritating. 

Also I didn't like when the cyber crime issue was brushed under the carpet. Kriti shows PTSD as her blind trust on Sunny. 

This show was initially showing the current generation thought process but now has again gone back to 19th century and mostly turning up like KYUNKI SAAS BHI KABHI BAHU THI  If this continues the show will loose the essence. 

Thank you!! ❤️

The show has in general taken a very casual approach to sexual crimes, not once or twice, but repeatedly, at least 4 or 5 times by my count. It's incredibly unfortunate coming from an overall progressive show. 

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Looneygirl

This is so good and the vm is just amazing. 

Thank you!! ❤️

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viewpoint

I so love this write up and the video. Btw, which song is it? Loved it. 

I agree that she was a victim of emotional abuse. Poor girl just could not breath freely because they always made her the center of everything, especially when things went wrong. It was almost like walking on egg shells. I cant imagine what someone goes through when they live with such abusive people. You can see a refreshed Pallavi in the episodes after marriage because no one is abusive at the Rao's. They live and let live and I think she is finally breathing. Phew! 

Thank you!! 🤗I agree with everything you've written. We've discussed this time and again on different threads, but the girl needs a break. I'm glad she's in a space where she's finally breathing. Not just Raghav, but Jaya, Kirti, Farhad have created a safe space for her, which I'm so grateful for. (I know Kirti abhi thodi off hai, but that's a normal domestic crisis, nothing abusive or toxic)

The song is from the show Satyamev Jayate which Aamir Khan used to host at one point. They did episodes focused on different social issues, and had some beautiful original numbers in the episodes. This is the song from the episode on domestic violence, and it's called Sakhi. You can check it out here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VbCiAqycA&t=1s

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKian

Ashi🤗 it's always a treat to read your posts❤️

Couldn't agree more with you and loved the vm❤️

Thank you so much, Anika! ❤️🤗

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prriyam

What a brilliant perspective! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

The ones that are generally hidden in plain sight. The ones that masquerades as care, concern (not just to the victim, to the outside world too). The ones that inflict deeper wounds, yet passed off without much thought. The very ones that is toxuc to the core! 

I especially liked how you summarized and the one in ered, 🙇🏻‍♀️
Using guilt and emotional blackmail to force the victim into doing things they may not want to. Exerting control over all big and small decisions of the victim’s life. Making the victim feel depended, grateful and indebted so they don’t try to break ties. Controlling the victim’s social life, and alienating the victim from those who may help them break free. Constantly criticizing everything the victim does, and punishing them by withholding affection and neglecting them. Humiliating them in public

I am in awe with your thought process, and completely in alignment! Thank you for sharing! 

On the vm, I totally adored it. Such a hard-hitting one. The desperation in Pallavi’s eyes, every single time, this girl had it so rough. 

Will be very interesting to watch the stand of VD, when Mandar returns - will he get back all the love and care in his heart, for his DIL suddenly? Or will he stop sugar-coating and be the one he is now! 

And of Aai’s stand. So much more! 

🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked this! ❤️

Vijay is a cruel, cruel man hiding under the guise of a strict, overprotective father, and every single episode further verifies it. Now that we know him and Mandaar were also strained, I'm so eager to see how this will play out.

@blue- The sad part is, I wasn't trying to describe Vijay and Pallavi, I was just listing signs of abuse. The fact that every single one of them fits perfectly, that's just scary and heartbreaking. 

I'm glad the scenes struck a chord for you. Unfortunately, I had enough and more to choose from, these aren't even a fraction of the scenes the show presented. The two that really, really broke my heart were when the entire family ignored her, when she's going around and trying to talk to them, during the abortion track. The sheer neglect and indifference! And then, when Vijay tore up the cheque. She was so proud of herself, and she was doing it all for him, and to humiliate and insult her like that 🥺

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: monsi08

Loved both of your posts about Pallavi and the one with the difference between Raghav and Sunny..  

Very well written 👏👏

Thank you so much!! ❤️

aye-masakalii thumbnail

Originally posted by: drnidsur

So damn true  👏

VD has changed to a level where his ego is way above everything . Atleast for pallavis happiness he could have behaved better but no , and that showed his actual character . Everyone in D fam esp Sulochana now mansi keep bringing up how pallavi was so lucky that she is settled after being a widow and they throw around the term "widow" so casually about her which any close family would never .

They never appreciated nor are appreciating how she is working so hard to run their DSE with her sweat  most of the time without even one bit of a credit . 

I want them to get to know that she paid the property tax esp after today's episode . They don't have any right to diss her when she saved their home while they aren't leaving any stones unturned in burning hers .

I am so glad that she will get a  home  she deserves - respect and love for the amount of work she does in taking care of everyone . 

Thank you!! ❤️

You know, in retrospect, I don't think Vijay has changed. The facade has just slipped. He doesn't care for anyone's happiness, so why should he care for Pallavi's? Deshmukhs believe unhone Pallavi pe ehsaan kiya, and woh ehsaan chukaaye bina apni life mein settle ho gayi. It's a blow to their egos (Sharda, Milind, Nikhil not included, of course). The taunts of widowhood are disgusting, no two ways to it. 

I'm happy she's in a safer and happier space too! She deserves it.