Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijisridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Su94

Ya, he was apparently offered many scripts for OTT shows. There were rumours  that he was gonna be cast in an AltBalaji show from after KRPKAB ended. In Paurashpur, his love is in a coma right? Hahaha! I think they wrote that storyline for him so he’ll agree. And he gives her a forehead kiss too. 

Even Erica was supposed to be “webbed” according to Ekta’s post when she was doing KZK2. Parth did but Erica turned down the scripts I guess because even she didn’t want to take up scripts with unnecessary bold scenes, in her own words. 

I think in the future, the best plan would be to produce their own web series and star in them. Script apne haath mein hoga. I think Shaheer definitely expressed an interest to produce his own cop show or something in the future.

Exactly what i have read and heard too. 

Am sure Shaheer will open his own PH  with wifey Ruchika in future and do his own shows. I understand cop shows don't need much bold content, but, i think the present mindset for OTT platforms/ web series is bold content , if not too much  intimate scenes, atleast smoking drinking foul language .. you know.  Am made to understand from old (long time)  fans that he has problems with these also. Then, how will he grow as an actor if he is not doing varieties... i don't understand 🤷🏻‍♀️ he is a phenomenal performer , a very good actor, then Will he not be stuck in TV doing saas bahu dramas which has no growth potential for male actors. 🤔

viji 

havima thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijisridhar

Am sure Shaheer will open his own PH  with wifey Ruchika in future and do his own shows. I understand cop shows don't need much bold content, but, i think the present mindset for OTT platforms/ web series is bold content , if not too much  intimate scenes, atleast smoking drinking foul language .. you know.  Am made to understand from old (long time)  fans that he has problems with these also. Then, how will he grow as an actor if he is not doing varieties... i don't understand 🤷🏻‍♀️ he is a phenomenal performer , a very good actor, then Will he not be stuck in TV doing saas bahu dramas which has no growth potential for male actors. 🤔

viji 

You may be right abt starting their own PH. There is news somewhere that he will be doing pavithra rishta 2 as manav  ( riding 2 horses at the same time? ) nd lapping as much income as possible to achieve that. He is in his late 30's and he cant be doing the same perfect family man material.  

If he does both shows my  problem will be, we ending up with body double or disjointed separate frames like previous season ughh.

I wish to see him in some gray characters. They are very interesting and he can nail it. Though dev dixit touched those diff shades, it was all skimmed. Gray characters have more potential to perform.

Su94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Yeah a cop show with Erica 

IKR... He never goes beyond first base smiley36 Thats why he sticks to TV inspite of being a very good actor. 

Thats one of the major reasons i believe he is not comfortable doing Ekta's Alt Balaji shows or any of the other webseries. He was very very apprehensive for Paurashpur in which his role was less than  five minutes. 

Well, if Pinkvilla is a believable source, he is playing Manav in Pavitra Rishta 2.0. SOOOO....

Hope it's false or else....💔

Su94 thumbnail

Originally posted by: havima

You may be right abt starting their own PH. There is news somewhere that he will be doing pavithra rishta 2 as manav  ( riding 2 horses at the same time? ) nd lapping as much income as possible to achieve that. He is in his late 30's and he cant be doing the same perfect family man material.  

If he does both shows my  problem will be, we ending up with body double or disjointed separate frames like previous season ughh.

I wish to see him in some gray characters. They are very interesting and he can nail it. Though dev dixit touched those diff shades, it was all skimmed. Gray characters have more potential to perform.

So, that's the thing. He said he wants to do a negative role next and play a cop and/or produce a cop show in the future. So, maybe doing a BT show is only for the income/capital and he'll earn magnificently considering he gets paid a lot (apparently and rightfully so). It can chalo like PR 1.0 or one of the bhagyas or end like KZK2, can't tell. That's his luck. But ya, doing two big projects where he is the lead will make one of the shows(most likely PR 2.0) suffer like KRPKAB 2 or he'll be missing through chunks of it where he gets kidnapped or goes into a coma or "dies" or something.😂 Not at all out of place with BT. 😂

And you're right about Dev Dixit. I mean he legit threw a girl out of his room in the middle of the night, in Delhi, and that too barefoot. And much later he slaps Vicky for misbehaving with Elena and lectures him about respecting women. Nobody even remembers these things when they dedicate paeans to Dev. Even I always skip that episode during my rewatch so that I may have a better impression of him. I gloss over him shoving Sona onto his mom because they were both pushing each other angrily at the time and he's, well, stronger. These are just a few examples. But ultimately even the other Dixits and Tripathis were made to turn over a new leaf, so that's that.

Su94 thumbnail

viji 

Well, he has clearly compromised with smoking, drinking, foul language because well..Paurashpur. Out of which only drinking can be faked. Ya, but if he isn't comfortable with "scenes" onscreen, is he entirely wrong though? You know even if they tempered it with just light kisses, if the story is good, people will still stay hooked. They don't need soft p*** to attract viewers. Like Erica said, it's mostly unnecessary and a selling strategy. For example, I avidly follow Lucifer on Netflix. Season 5, by far, has been the best season ever! And it is the season with hardly any scenes, and even the one scene wasn't even that bold and was shot from a distance. But the plot was so good, all of us Lucifans binge watched it in a go! And it's a show on Netflix! Can you believe it? 

I believe there is definitely a great content driven script out there for him and I hope he finds it or gets to direct one himself. Well, not like I know him or can speak for him personally, but this is my sincere prayer for him born out of whatever admiration and respect I have for him as an actor.

Edited by Su94 - 2 years ago
Su94 thumbnail

IKR... He never goes beyond first base smiley36 Thats why he sticks to TV inspite of being a very good actor. 

Thats one of the major reasons i believe he is not comfortable doing Ekta's Alt Balaji shows or any of the other webseries. He was very very apprehensive for Paurashpur in which his role was less than  five minutes. 

Ya, he was apparently offered many scripts for OTT shows. There were rumours  that he was gonna be cast in an AltBalaji show from after KRPKAB ended. In Paurashpur, his love is in a coma right? Hahaha! I think they wrote that storyline for him so he’ll agree. And he gives her a forehead kiss too. 

Even Erica was supposed to be “webbed” according to Ekta’s post when she was doing KZK2. Parth did but Erica turned down the scripts I guess because even she didn’t want to take up scripts with unnecessary bold scenes, in her own words. 

I think in the future, the best plan would be to produce their own web series and star in them. Script apne haath mein hoga. I think Shaheer definitely expressed an interest to produce his own cop show or something in the future.

Also, I wanted to add that Alt Balaji shows only do well because the actors already have a fan base. The only shows I liked were Haq Se and the Test case. Erica was absolutely right about unnecessary vulgarity. Most of the bold scenes are as if they are just randomly forced into the script here and there instead of being the demand of the script. Paurashpur got absolutely shitty reviews. Besides Shaheer's 5 minute role, the whole season is just filled with shit. I don't know if Ekta is gonna invest in a season 2. It's better if she doesn't.

havima thumbnail

So, that's the thing. He said he wants to do a negative role next and play a cop and/or produce a cop show in the future. So, maybe doing a BT show is only for the income/capital and he'll earn magnificently considering he gets paid a lot (apparently and rightfully so). It can chalo like PR 1.0 or one of the bhagyas or end like KZK2, can't tell. That's his luck. But ya, doing two big projects where he is the lead will make one of the shows(most likely PR 2.0) suffer like KRPKAB 2 or he'll be missing through chunks of it where he gets kidnapped or goes into a coma or "dies" or something.😂 Not at all out of place with BT. 😂

And you're right about Dev Dixit. I mean he legit threw a girl out of his room in the middle of the night, in Delhi, and that too barefoot. And much later he slaps Vicky for misbehaving with Elena and lectures him about respecting women. Nobody even remembers these things when they dedicate paeans to Dev. Even I always skip that episode during my rewatch so that I may have a better impression of him. I gloss over him shoving Sona onto his mom because they were both pushing each other angrily at the time and he's, well, stronger. These are just a few examples. But ultimately even the other Dixits and Tripathis were made to turn over a new leaf, so that's that.

If i get started on Dev, my rant may go on and on. As i said earlier the questionable behaviour ( stalking, getting wasted, spying, harrassing sona at work) were all skimmed. Only consolation is that they portrayed sona with a spine.  At the end of the day, it was presented as an aspirational love story and we loved it.  Says a lot about the other content on tv if we are falling for it. 

Calling a spade, a spade is what we need and tv has a long way to go. Alt is to telly like Dharma is to cinema.. forming its own clan nd serving  stale food. Tried watching kzk2 for erica but gave up. Too much drama, jewellery and noise. Ufff.

Su94 thumbnail

If i get started on Dev, my rant may go on and on. As i said earlier the questionable behaviour ( stalking, getting wasted, spying, harrassing sona at work) were all skimmed. Only consolation is that they portrayed sona with a spine.  At the end of the day, it was presented as an aspirational love story and we loved it.  Says a lot about the other content on tv if we are falling for it. 

Calling a spade, a spade is what we need and tv has a long way to go. Alt is to telly like Dharma is to cinema.. forming its own clan nd serving  stale food. Tried watching kzk2 for erica but gave up. Too much drama, jewellery and noise. Ufff.

I know, the rant can go on and on. Which is why I said I'm only stating a few examples. Everything else you mentioned go on the list too. And at the end of it all, girls still want a husband like him, soo....😂 I've also been guilty of wanting someone to love me with that intensity but practically, it's not healthy for both partners.

I think the only parts of KZK2 I watched were with Erica and KSG because they made a really hot couple. But otherwise, utter trash. I definitely stuck with KZK1 for much longer (in hindsight, I'd like to question myself:what was I thinking?).

I had Alt ka subscription for a year. For Haq Se and I thought might as well check out some other stuff. Plus it was affordable then(not sure about current rates). Never resubscribed. Total crap. EK got that BB winner for her new shit OTT show and it trended on social media for days. And she thinks it's a superhit and will therefore produce even worse seasons.

Edited by Su94 - 2 years ago
havima thumbnail

I know, the rant can go on and on. Which is why I said I'm only stating a few examples. Everything else you mentioned go on the list too. And at the end of it all, girls still want a husband like him, soo....😂 I've also been guilty of wanting someone to love me with that intensity but practically, it's not healthy for both partners.

I think the only parts of KZK2 I watched were with Erica and KSG because they made a really hot couple. But otherwise, utter trash. I definitely stuck with KZK1 for much longer (in hindsight, I'd like to question myself:what was I thinking?).

I had Alt ka subscription for a year. For Haq Se and I thought might as well check out some other stuff. Plus it was affordable then(not sure about current rates). Never resubscribed. Total crap. EK got that BB winner for her new shit OTT show and it trended on social media for days. And she thinks it's a superhit and will therefore produce even worse seasons.

Husband like DD. Oh plz no. Suffocating in the name of love. Thanks no thanks. The show also highlighted on dev being vocal abt his feelings and practically skipped addressing sona's after reunion bordering on misogyny. None of the shows addresses on mental health after trauma and they go back to happily resuming their routine. Yet it was better than other shows not that i know many (ipk, krp nd kzk).

Ps. Btw am a Luci fan too but a die hard Outlander fan. Jamie Fraser has my heart nd soul. 

Su94 thumbnail

Husband like DD. Oh plz no. Suffocating in the name of love. Thanks no thanks. The show also highlighted on dev being vocal abt his feelings and practically skipped addressing sona's after reunion bordering on misogyny. None of the shows addresses on mental health after trauma and they go back to happily resuming their routine. Yet it was better than other shows not that i know many (ipk, krp nd kzk).

Ps. Btw am a Luci fan too but a die hard Outlander fan. Jamie Fraser has my heart nd soul. 

At the end of the day, people watch these shows for the love story. As long as their ship reunites in the end, nothing else matters. Chuck and Blair on gossip girl, who were so toxic, were the most rooted for couple. All teen movies end with the girl getting the guy of her dreams and the movie stops. It's not like they are going to get married in the future. Even the viewers are not that keen to know those sides of a story. 

Devakshi got back together toh aur kya chahiye! Sona was shown more stoic and practical, always in control of her emotions. She believed that being a responsible mother was her priority but even then she inadvertently ended up making her daughter feel neglected when she was trying to support Dev and help him sort out his family's mess. Dev was shown to let his emotions run amok and get hold of his senses. He was demanding and needed to see proof that his feelings were being reciprocated(he couldn't acknowledge Sona's love when she was trying to reunite his family, he only wanted to see her "madness" for him) and had extreme reactions for everything. He definitely got highlighted more due to the acting potential his emo nature offered compared to Sona's quieter demeanour. And anyway, the story was always supposed to be more about the Dixits; Bose family only offered a contrasting element of how an ideal family should be. And of course tons of humour.