Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blackfox045 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

such a beautiful story!! waiting for the next update <3

Thank you for this insightful story. Much better than the forced marriage on the show, of course. Your characterization of Aryan is so realistic - just how a child of that age behaves.

I wonder what direction your story will take now. I hope you will update it even though the show is ending.

ZariSharma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Beautiful 💜

Are you going to continue with this story?

If so, please update soon

MissMichelle thumbnail

CHAPTER 9

Pallavi tugged on Saira’s hand.  The young woman jumped immediately.

“Pallavi Di you’re awake! Let me get the doctor.”

“No Saira wait, I’m fine. No need to rush, sit.”

Saira sat back down.  Aryan then stirred, slowly opening his eyes.  When he saw Pallavi awake his face lit up. He climbed unto her and wrapped his arms around her neck.

“Didi, you got up from nap?” he asked withhis innocence.

She smiled pulling his cheeks.

“Yes, I was tired so I took a nap.”

He snuggled into her and took up a toy he had discarded next to her, his attention now focused on playing.

“How long have I been unconscious?”

“Two hours” replied Saira.

Pallavi knew someone would have definitely informed Saira of their relation to her.

“Do they know where we are staying?”

Saira knowing who she was referring answered immediately.

“They know we stay at an Ashram, but I didn't reveal the name.  Doctor Dev asked to speak to your father and Raghav Rao.  I’m not sure if they are still here.”

“Hmm” replied Pallavi, her thought spaced out as Saira referred to Vijay Deshmuk as her father.

Silence prevailed for quite some time until Dr. Dev entered, with Mr. and Mrs. Rathore.

“Look here, our girl is awake.  How do you feel Pallavi?” he asked as he started checking her vitals.

Saira got up and Mrs Rathore took the seat she was in, and held Pallavi’s hand. Mr. Rathore took Aryan off the bed to give Dr. Dev some space.

“I’ve got a slight headache, but I’m hoping that isn’t of much concern for you to keep me overnight”

“I’ll give you some medication, since your vitals are normal, there’s no need to keep you overnight. But we need to have a discussion. Are you ok with that?  I want the Rathore’s here for it”

Pallavi looked at Mrs. Rathore.  She looked ready to cry. She squeezed her hands letting her know that she was fine.

“Yes Dr. Dev that’s ok with me”

Saira left the room with Aryan.

‘Now Pallavi before we start, we would like you to know we would accept whatever decision you make.  But I would like you to listen to each of our points ”

She nodded.

“Okay let’s start without beating around the bush. Now that they have seen you in Bhopal, it wouldn’t take much for him to find out exactly where you are staying. I have taken the liberty of informing the Rathore’s of your in-laws name as well as Raghav Rao’s, and there’s a reason for this.  Before Mr. Rao left he informed me of something .  He came back to my office, as he remembered Saira mentioning you both stay at an Ashram. He did not ask me the name, but he did inform me that he was here to visit JRK Ashram and Orphanage.  He asked me to call him and let him know if not to visit.”

Pallavi was trying to piece together what Dr. Dev was trying to say.  Why would he be here to visit the Ashram she was staying at? Then it dawned on her.

“Does he own the Orphanage?” she asked.

Mr. Rathore answered.

“We always refer to the owner as Ramaswamy, never by his real name.  Even the email address is of the foundation. So there was never any mention of Mr. Rao’s name.  Buy yes, he does own this Ashram and a lot others throughout India.”

This came as a shock to Pallavi. She would never have guessed the man that defamed her, was capable of having numerous Ashrams and Orphanages throughout the country. There were times she saw a soft side to him, but she would’ve never imagined something like this.

“I’ve been living under Raghav’s roof all this time?”

Mrs. Rathore answered. “Pallavi you know you do more than is expected of you. You bring in income, which assist with the older children. Please do not think you live at the mercy of others. Without you my child, we would not have achieved many things at the Orphanage. And even if you did none of those things,  the donations given are done in the name of the Lord. It is not considered as favors.”

Pallavi thought back to her encounters with Raghav. Many times he taunted her about her middle class mentality. It is hard to believe he owns Ashrams.

“All the arrangements you made for the function tomorrow are for Raghav and his family as well as yours. Would you like us to cancel? And before you answer, do not think about how it would affect the Ashram, think about yourself.” Said Mr. Rathore.

“You’ve made extreme improvement during our sessions during the past 2 years. Professionally my opinion  for you to be completely over your past, is to face it. There are feelings bottle up, that needs to  released and you can only do that by facing the people that hurt you.  Bear in mind, these are our opinions, you must chose how you want to proceed. As I said earlier, we would respect your decision.” Dr. Dev added.

“Please leave me alone for sometime.”

They all quietly left her with her thoughts. Her thoughts wandered back to when her brother brought the proposal to her. She had just finished college. Pallavi wanted very much to continue her studies. But she couldn’t say no to her brother. He was the one that took care of her after their parents died. Although he was married, he didn’t have any kids. He always told Pallavi, he’ll settle her life first before he continued with his.

The first time she met Mandar was on the engagement day. The wedding was held 5 days after that. During these 5 days she got to know his family. However, she barely spoke to Mandar. Immediately after theirvwedding he got a call and left. Never to return. She sat patiently waiting on her decorated bed, for a groom that would never show. The next morning, she was stripped of all ornaments that would signify a married woman, by a society who blames women for every bad thing that happens in a family. It was then Mandar parents stepped in and shielded her from society. They announced her as their daughter, who would not live like a widow. She stepped up as a son, and continued their family business. There were the murmurs behind her back, but she did not let that stop her from living her life. Life was a struggle yes, but her small family was a happy one, or so she thought. Then Raghav Rao came along.

At their first meeting they clashed like water and hot oil. Their enmity was strong, him wanting nothing but to throw her out of Hyderabad. They both fought each other, neither one backing down. However their fight was always fair, until that last scenario, where his lies defamed her in front of her loved ones.

But could she really call them her loved ones. People who never gave her a chance before sentencing her. Why did they accept her, only to throw her out like garbage. Why did Raghav go against his principles to hurt her this much? She replayed all the time spent with the Deshmuks as well as Raghav.

“It’s time for answers" she whispered to herself, a tear escaping her lid to trail down her cheek.

With her mind made up she informed everyone of her decision. She was discharged and returned to the Ashram. As she lay in bed at night her mind and body slowly drifting to sleep, a pair of dark eyes haunted her. For in those eyes she saw the emptiness that mirrored hers. “Why Raghav” she murmured before sleep too over.

Likewise, not too far away, those dark eyes stared at the moon above. As he did so, a shooting star passed. He closed his eyes.

“Please Lord, give this Devil one last chance to correct his mistake" he whispered

Behind his closed lids he saw a smiling Angel with long tresses and light eyes that twinkled with mischievousness. He smiled.

“Soon"…..

Short, but beautiful and insightful update!

ZariSharma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Can't wait for the next chapter. Please update soon 💜💜💜

Milalal27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Very lovely and glad y are back. ❤️

Do continue Raghvi stories even though is going to end next week. 😭

Rainbowncloud thumbnail

Good to get an update. This is so far has not go down in the forced marriage route and I am very much interested to find out how the two broken souls can come tohether after such big misundestanding and heartache.  

rafiki84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Eeeeep! Can't wait for them to finally meet! 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for finally giving an update🤗

I would always check the pages to see if there was one as I really wanted to see how this plot point goes. 

We have Pallavi awake from her unconscious state here & now I really want to see how the story moves ahead