Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scarlett22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Magnifique

As for Neil, he is a fab actor for sure normally but I have had complaints with him recently. The acting at the door confrontation felt too ott with his hand movements at times. Tamasha scene he was good. Yesterday realisation scene,  I felt he lacked intensity compared to the hand holding pulkit scene where he expressed guilt beautifully. He has committed even greater atrocity this time, so the intensity had to be greater but he felt a little thanda. Couldn't connect to him yesterday,  even the masoom dialogue it felt like he was about a random kid instead of his wife who he realised he loved. See, the extra fervour with which he carried out the kicking put scene, the realisation scene should have that intensity, that extreme guilt bubbling out. He isnt really giving it his all.

Actually I found yesterday's scene with Neil better than today's. Today, the anger was subdued. The guilt was subdued  Whereas the rage last week was loud. I know it's the way the scene and dialogues are written. 

The scene will continue tomorrow, let's see. 

I wonder if Ayesha will be open to feedback. I'm wary of writing to her. 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think she did her best during the days after her own SR till Sairat's reception. All went downhill after that. Either the shoddy writing left her exposed or she became complacent for whatever reasons.

I also think they went wrong in the very premise. They should have shown her as a college-ex or something.

Magnifique thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: scarlett22

Actually I found yesterday's scene with Neil better than today's. Today, the anger was subdued. The guilt was subdued  Whereas the rage last week was loud. I know it's the way the scene and dialogues are written. 

The scene will continue tomorrow, let's see. 

I wonder if Ayesha will be open to feedback. I'm wary of writing to her. 

I didnt watch today episode yet. Will comment on it after watching. Yesterday one when compared to the guilt during pulkit hand holding scenes was not up to the mark. 

You should send her your healthy criticism with the things you think could be improved. As long as it's done in a polite way,  don't think she should have any issue with it. Compared to Neil, who you can't even criticise without people thinking there is some conspiracy going on.  If I praised him when he was good, why can't I criticise?

I dislike this deity  like status that people give to actors.

Aishwarya as an actor is hopeless. 

Neil is very good. In many scenes he shines and manages to elevate the scene because of his outstanding performance beyond the writing. Few scenes obviously could be better but his strike rate as an actor is like 90-95%. But we must not forget that he's a veteran. He's been in the business for 10 + years. Its still obviously full credit worthy but acting is also a crsft that is honed with time and experience

Ayesha for a newbie is matching up to him measure for measure and is no less than him. I think for a newcomer like her to show such growth in such little time is truly amazing! She is bringing nuances that usually only experienced actors bring. In the scene in GC, you can hear the tears in her voice, her voice breaking... and she is no longer loud in her voice/expressions that she had in GC scenes a little. Her marathi diction isnt really on point yet but I'm sure it will come. She also has nailed the emotional scenes with aai/her aabaa and not just the romance. And her tashan scenes, taunting pp, bk gang are also very good. You can still see a little bit of rawness in her but thats part of the charm too. She looks and acts her stated age on the show. She plays a 19 yo who is forced to grow up due to circumstances- first being an only child to a single parent and now due to marriage- she needs to behave older and has the weight of all these expectations of bahu/biwi even though she is also at the same time being her brash teenager self. Ayesha seems very different from her character. Her offscreen persona is older (i yhink shes like 24-25 yrs, much more mature/mellow, non confrontational, compared to Sai so its even more credit to her coz she isnt just playing herself/am extension of herself on screen. She is playing someone else but with so much conviction. I only wish and pray that she continues to remain grounded, focused and grows from strength to strength. 

The support cast is very good but many of them have been made far too caricaturish and not given shades/realistic character arcs which is a shame. Like bk - kishori ji is excellent but so far she's just a regular villain. We have not got any scenes to justify why she enjoys this much power and respect, control over everyone. Cant be just due to her age. We really dont see any guilt/conflict/etc in her, no FBs. Real life mein logon ke kuch motivations hote hain. Only sai, virat, pp have a solid character graph but the pp character has been effectively reduced to the most irritating, annoying and stupid character due to the actor playing pp not being able to convey the "shades" of her character. 

Sai and Virat are owning upto their character flaws too on and off screen. Whereas pp is not. And looking at her performance graph i have no expectations of any improvement because off screen she seems to live in delusions too. She thinks all criticism is trolling and is more interested in "giving it back" to audience and being petty. 

And out of all of them to me, Ayesha seems like she'd be the most receptive to feedback.

ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Completely agree that the "Bas Patralekha" moment would have been more impactful if the person on receiving end had reacted appropriately. 

In my opinion, I think part of the issue here is that Aishwarya does not seem to have clarity on what her character trajectory is supposed to be. And this clearly comes across in her interviews which almost seems like she (as Aishwarya) is trying to justify Pakhi's actions instead of actually accepting Pakhi as is, figuring out Pakhi's place on the show and situations she is presented with and going all out with it.

This is in contrast to when you hear Neil and Ayesha describe their thought process when it comes to the way Virat and Sai have handled situations in the show. As actors, they are very synchronous on their characters motivations, and reactions and that comes across clearly on screen which makes you identify with them and actually be more engaged.