Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Great post. I agree with each and everything you said. 

When I watched today's episodes I had the exact same impression.

I have never made a single comment on Aishwarya personally and I never bother or comment about anything offscreen. I always thought that she needs time to adjust with respect to her acting because lots of new actors fare poorly initially. I even wondered if it was her role itself which made the character so unbearable. 

Today I really have no doubts. I was honestly looking out for Pakhi the character's reaction to what unfolded with Virat learning Sai's truth and his family's deception. So when it happened I was really disappointed. There was no reaction at all. I don't like over acting or anything but there should be some subtetly. And it stood out. Because a lot of the other actors do a good job. Neil- even with a bad character graph(the writing I mean), Ayesha(great acting and ofcourse, the only character probably with consistency in terms of writing) and the actors playing---Karishma(I like her), Ashwini and Bhavani.

In spite of shoddy writing, the character of Pakhi is probably the most complex in the show. It had a lot to show. Like you said. A hurt woman who blames another woman for grief. Aishwarya fails so bad. I feel it's the director's fault as well. For not directing the actor. Way to spoil scenes.

Like the showdown fell short due to the bland expressions. Even in the scene where Virat said a ghar ka sadasya is responsible for the deception- I expected her to be scared of getting caught----just like the expressions on Bhavani, Ninad, Omkar but no. She had the same arched eyebrow look. No variation. Pakhi didn't shine at all. 

Also I thought the reason Sai was so likeable was the attention her character is given which while true but today I felt it is also due to the way Ayesha plays Sai. She doesn't need to cry buckets or have a perpetually wronged expression to gain sympathy. Ayesha did the subtle expressions of grief, betrayal and heartbreak really well. I saw Sai- not Ayesha.

Neil did well but I can't connect to the character of Virat because of so many things that don't make sense to me. A lot has been said about that already. 

fatssrilanka thumbnail

Your post is awesome. I agree with everything that you have mentioned. Aishwarya is hopeless when it comes to emoting. I too used to feel bad for her in the beginning but I can't even relate to her. In every given situation she just pops her eyes out and it is the same expressions throughout. 

Neil is phenomenal. Words are not enough to explain. He can emote any kind of emotion with ease. His eyes are enough to express his feelings. If we are still watching this show it's only because of Neil. 

LadyWhistledown thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fruitcustard_9

Kaku ka dil to tootega hi akhir kar unki pyaari Susheel , sarvagun sampan bahu patralekha ki beizzati jo hui😭 virat ko dhakke mar kar ghar nikal dena chahiye kaku ko 😈 my paku❤️

^🤣 So true! Obviously Kaku's heart broke into pieces the minute Virat said "Bhas Patralekha!".

Kishori Ji is a very good actress she really played kaku's role very well.

^Exactly! Even in the scenes where she's plotting or picking a fight with Sai, she never goes overboard. She's a very grounded actress.

Sonali & karishma both don't have much things to say but they show it through their expression what they r feeling.

^The actresses essaying Sonali and Karishma's characters are good too! Though they may just be bystanders in a scene, they do react to whatever is going on very well.

Virat mostly emote through eyes 👀 & Neil is an awesome actors who can understand virat coz of Neil only. Neil made virat layers visible

^And Neil... what can I say about this man? Just take a bow! No one can do justice to the character of Virat like he can! I mean his eyes, they can literally emote anything!

Ayesha has improved a lot , she emote really well her scenes where she is angry who can see it in her body language not many actors can portray this. Her scenes with Neil r magic 

^Ayesha has tremendous potential and I feel that she's channeling it very well. Also, working with a seasoned actor like Neil, I think that she is deriving inspiration from his acting too!

Aish ka samajh nhi aata ki vo kya feel karti hain bas yahi pata hai ki she keep repeating beizzati hui hai, unke expression kabhi nhi change hote vo har scene me ek rehte hain. I hope she makes improvement.

^Aishwarya... I don't know if she's confused about her own character or if she's just a bad actress. Her dialogue delivery is also so bland. And her expression remains the same, be it happy, sad, angry or anything at all

Pulkit ka bhi kuch samajh nhi aata mujhe 

^Main Pulkit ke baare mein baat bhi nahi karungi. Don't want to ruin my mood.

Devi aka Mitali plays perfectly mentally unstable girl. She emote so well.

^Mitali is again one of the best performers. Uska har scene itna impactful hai.

I like jagtap & Vittal mane also

^I don't think that the actor who plays Vitthal is good, but Siddharth Bodke, I just hated him as Jagtap, which means he's doing a really good job

scarlett22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Person playing Pakhi always underwhelms in scenes which are hers to take. As expected, her expression.. slightly open-mouthed, wide eyed look ..and she maintained it whatever else was going on... Virat's dialogues, Ashwini's dialogues...Virat accusing Omi. I haven't seen a TV actress with such a tone deaf expression. And she's supposed to be the third lead. 

Neil is fabulous. Yesterday's episode was revolting from Virat's perspective, but the way he reacted to Devi Tai's scolding...too good. I actually felt for Virat. Though I was angry. 

That is Neil's work completely, hats off. 

Ayesha has come a long way. I'm really happy for her. Her dialogue delivery especially during confrontation scenes are lacking..but I must add her expressions more than make up for it. She is a skilled actress and can only get better. 

Today's dialogues were said with so much feeling, I got all teary. Her scenes with Neil are amazing. Obviously they work very well together.

As much as Aishwarya falls flat in scenes with Neil, Ayesha rises up to the challenge and delivers more. 

tina2711 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: LadyWhistledown

Exactly! I think she focuses too much on promoting her offscreen personality and romance than working on her acting chops.

Regarding Neil, personally I never felt like he went overboard in any scene. He's doing really well with what he was given. In fact, I feel that the reason why we are still rooting for Virat's character somewhere, despite the butchering that has happened, is only because of Neil. 

And when it comes to Ayesha, when I watch her initial GC scenes and the present ones, I literally feel so proud! Because she has worked hard and come such a long way as an actress. She still has to work on her voice modulation and dialogue delivery, but as an actress, she has definitely improved by miles!

May be you are correct for Neil as he got such pathetic character of IPS virat that those illogical scenes coming to him but then also my instinct sometimes say he can do better but may b that what I felt because of someone else presence around him especially.

Regarding Ayesha I started watching the show for her performance during her Aaba's death. She was literally into it then again I will say it is what I felt. If you see any bts wr can clearly she is the only one who all time reading ir having the script that means she rehearse herself before than presenting.  That's what we call perfection and professionalism. 

I feel some of the cast is much better than the rest 

Kaku n devi Tai are both very good .. mitali nag should take a bow ..you feel empathy for the character  right from the start .. her scenes are very difficult to execute but u never laugh at those .. you feel sad for her ..

Neil sometimes over plays it .. but his marathi diction in playing the cop is very good .. as ACP he plays well but romantic scenes with pakhi or even with sayi it does not come out so well .. 

his best scene with Sai has been his fighting scenes .. but hasn’t shown his attraction towards Sai convincingly 

Sai has played her role well .. her dialog delivery is not upto the mark but she convincingly plays a 19 year old confident girl .. you never see her behaving more maturely than 19 .. which is just right 

obviously the weak link is pakhi .. she has one note expression .. even her dialogues are similar .. the way she walks every thing is meme worthy 

Sonali , karishma are good at their roles 

..ashwini gets more scenes she holds it well .. her role is difficult compared to others ..she has to show many shades compared to others .. how she behaves with sayi is not how she behaves with patralekha.. her feelings for ninad , Kaku all are different.. and she’s doing remarkably ..

Sairat thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Ab toh maine umeed bhi rakhni chod di hai..her dialogues, dresses and everything she might have been one if the best written negative roles; but with her acting she spoils it all; the scene after this when Virat discloses the truth to the family, instead of being nervous, in her whole shot she looked confused ki main "Konsa Reaction " du

Originally posted by: Shristhi2002

Ghum hai kisike acting mein🤣

Mujhe lagta hai ki acting hi ghum hogaya🤣

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

I completely agree. She was supposed to be a jilted lover, somebody who had to see the guy she's in love with fall in love again in front of her eyes. Literally, so much could have been done with this character. Of course, the foundation of VirKhi was so weak that nobody would've changed ships from SaiRat to VirKhi just because of Aishwarya's acting but we could've understood Pakhi more.

^I totally agree. Even if we weren't able to accept ViraKhi love story, we could have at least related to her character or even sympathised with her. And the CVs could have also written a grey character with so much potential, but it is all wasted.

I am not a regular watcher of the show 'Imlie' but the character Malini there is stuck in a Patralekha situation- where the guy was hers first but is now losing him to an innocent 18-19 year old. The actress Mayuri Deshmukh is SO GOOD. You feel her anger and frustration and pain even if you ship Imlie with the male lead. Aishwarya doesn't have to look far, she just has to watch the show which airs after GHKPM and she will get great tips on how to play the 'other woman' with conviction.

^Even I have seen a few scenes of Imlie here and there on instagram. And honestly, I actually like Malini's character more than Imlie's. In fact, I personally feel like that character is the definition of mature. The makers, along with Aishwarya, can take a page out of their book on how to write and act a complex character.

Another thing with Aishwarya is the way she delivers her dialogues. It appears as though she has memorized everything and is reciting it in one breath. No modulation whatsoever.

^I personally feel like Ayesha could with a lot of work on her voice modulation. Though Aishwarya has better control on her voice (being a singer helps), I feel like she's putting zero effort into emoting, be it through her voice or her face.

Neil is phenomenal (although it has become a trend to bash his acting, I don't know why), Ayesha is improving brilliantly, especially this DevKit track saw her grow leaps and bounds as an actress. Her heartbreak, yet the sheer amount of self-respect she has, all came out perfectly in this track.

^I think the butchering of Virat's character and the shoddy dialogues are the reason for Virat bashing. But the only reason why people are tolerating that character is due to Neil. Ayesha, she's worked hard and come a long way from the GC days. Working with Neil, I think she has picked up some cues on acting from him too!

It's good to see you here though! Aren't you active on the forum much?

Originally posted by: -Wanderer-

Great post. I agree with each and everything you said. 

When I watched today's episodes I had the exact same impression.

I have never made a single comment on Aishwarya personally and I never bother or comment about anything offscreen. I always thought that she needs time to adjust with respect to her acting because lots of new actors fare poorly initially. I even wondered if it was her role itself which made the character so unbearable. 

^Even I personally feel that along with her bad acting, even the shoddy writing of her character and lack of character arc is also making her detach from her character more.

Today I really have no doubts. I was honestly looking out for Pakhi the character's reaction to what unfolded with Virat learning Sai's truth and his family's deception. So when it happened I was really disappointed. There was no reaction at all. I don't like over acting or anything but there should be some subtetly. And it stood out. Because a lot of the other actors do a good job. Neil- even with a bad character graph(the writing I mean), Ayesha(great acting and ofcourse, the only character probably with consistency in terms of writing) and the actors playing---Karishma(I like her), Ashwini and Bhavani.

^Even I'm not a fan of overacting, but I feel like Aishwarya isn't acting at all. I feel like she doesn't even want to move a muscle on her face. She just stands there like statue, mouths a few dialogues and goes back to that blank expression again.

In spite of shoddy writing, the character of Pakhi is probably the most complex in the show. It had a lot to show. Like you said. A hurt woman who blames another woman for grief. Aishwarya fails so bad. I feel it's the director's fault as well. For not directing the actor. Way to spoil scenes.

^Exactly! Her character could have been so interesting to watch if they had actually put in some effort. 

Like the showdown fell short due to the bland expressions. Even in the scene where Virat said a ghar ka sadasya is responsible for the deception- I expected her to be scared of getting caught----just like the expressions on Bhavani, Ninad, Omkar but no. She had the same arched eyebrow look. No variation. Pakhi didn't shine at all. 

^In fact, I felt like she looked shocked, like she didn't know what's going on at all!

Also I thought the reason Sai was so likeable was the attention her character is given which while true but today I felt it is also due to the way Ayesha plays Sai. She doesn't need to cry buckets or have a perpetually wronged expression to gain sympathy. Ayesha did the subtle expressions of grief, betrayal and heartbreak really well. I saw Sai- not Ayesha.

^Sai for me, personally became likable only after the GC track. Though I enjoyed Sai and her many antics, I didn't like her overtly rude character and Ayesha also had the tendency to overdo it at times. But man, the improvement that she has shown is just remarkable! And in today's episode, she definitely deserved a standing ovation!

Neil did well but I can't connect to the character of Virat because of so many things that don't make sense to me. A lot has been said about that already. 

^Neil is a phenomenal actor and the only reason why we're still watching Virat.