Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shristhi2002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Svt611

I absolutely agree with you!!!

Honestly, I have never seen any of Neil's shows but I like him as Virat.. he portrays emotions very well...

As for Ayesha, the girl has improved leaps and bounds and we can all notice...

But what attracted me was pakhi's character because it was going to be interesting to watch this layered character as a negative lead.... she has so much potential but unfortunately, they cast the wrong person. Aishwarya fails to deliver in any scene whether it is happy scenes or anger or any other emotion. I don't compare her to sheetal ji, or kishori ji becuase they are seasoned but I compare her to sneha who is also very new but portrays karishma beautifully.....

The makers hit gold with the cast except for aishwarya... she has potential to improve but unfortunately spends her time picking up tiffs with fans rather than working on her acting... she cannot take criticism and her lack of acceptance for her character shows in her performance. A major letdown.....

Haan,even I agree here , as Neil and Ayesha make us both like them,love them and also we get dissappointed with them as Virat and Sai. But, for Pakhi, we only get irritated, not even sympathy if not love

LadyWhistledown thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 404_NotFound

Well, articulated and the gifs made it easier to relate to the post. I was thinking about this sometime back and I was trying to remember when was the last time I have analyzed an actor’s expression so closely. I don't remember feeling so disconnected either because I watched the show with decent actors or maybe the nature of the show makes it more evident . In this show, there is a lot of dramatic confrontation, and every time the camera pans on Pakhi we are wondering what the character is going through as we hardly can make out from her expressions. I have seen the initial episodes and Aishwarya was good at enacting the romantic scenes with Neil. I don't want to compare Sairat chemistry but her reactions to Virat’s flirting/adavances  were on point. She has a long way to go as an actor. I hope she works on it and I wonder why doesn't she take help from her fiance who happens to be a good actor 

^I personally feel that she didn't have much acting to do in her initial scenes with Neil because all she had to do was smile and look pretty enough for Virat to fall in love with her. Even her crying scenes or the breakdown she has after her supposed heartbreak is too OTT I feel. That, combined with the silliness of their story was a put off for me. But yeah, we could at least understand what her character was feeling as an audience. But now, well, read my post😆

Coming to Ayesha, she has improved tremendously but I find her confrontation scenes to be OTT. A recent example, when Sai forwards her hand to Virat to throw her out on the streets during their confrontation I felt it was OTT. She has come a long way and she holds her ground in front of Neil. I found her to be very good at romantic scenes. She gives the right kind of expression. I hope she improves in confrontation scenes. 

^I do agree that Ayesha has a lot to work on though she has improved. I personally feel like emotional, romantic and chirpy scenes are a treat to watch. The confrontation scenes for her are a hit or miss. Like the confrontation scene after the food wala drama was really good. Her anger combined with hurt and frustration was emoted very well by her. And even the scene in which she confronts Virat about Pakhi was very convincing. But yeah, she too has to work on some aspects of her acting.

Coming to Neil, apart from few scenes I have always seen him enact Virat flawlessly in fact he conveys a lot through his eyes, facial expressions more than the actors with lengthy dialogues. The only young actor of the show who can give Neil competition is Siddhart ( Jagtap ). 

^I totally agree with you on this one! Siddharth Bodke as an actor is just brilliant. He has an amazing comic timing, and at the same time, he makes you want to punch him in the face. His scenes with Neil were such a treat to watch.

Off late I am finding the actor playing Ashwini to be overacting. I don't know if she is trying to portray Ashwini as someone restless and impatient. 

^For me personally, I think Bharati Patil is doing a good job. I think Ashwini as a character now is supposed to be like that. She is a character who was suppressed from so long and only now she has found her voice and is speaking up for whom she loves. And I think Bharati is portraying all her emotions very well. She definitely doesn't have that finesse that Kishori Shahane (Bhavani) possesses, but she's definitely one of the good actors.

Originally posted by: nethraa_99

You are absolutely right. Aishwarya is the only weak link in the brilliant cast.

Wish the writing had been able to do justice to their talent. 

As for Ayesha and Neil, I might be in the minority who finds Ayesha slightly better than Neil. Ayesha seems to be a more natural actor especially in emotional scenes. She also seems more consistent which may be because Sai is written much much better than Virat and also Virat's character is complex - so very difficult to play. But I love both the actors ❤️. 

I won't say that the casting is brilliant. There are quite a few actors who need to work on their acting chops, but Aishwarya, being one of the main leads, her lack of acting skills are far more visible. As I've mentioned before, especially when she's supposed to share the screen with someone like Neil, it is even more evident how bland and unconvincing her expressions are. 

As for Ayesha being better than Neil, I definitely cannot relate (sorry😳), because Neil is just so natural. He is a very seasoned actor who can emote very well with his eyes. Ayesha has definitely improved a lot as an actress, but comparing her to Neil or her being better than him will definitely take some time. 

Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Kaku ka dil to tootega hi akhir kar unki pyaari Susheel , sarvagun sampan bahu patralekha ki beizzati jo hui😭 virat ko dhakke mar kar ghar nikal dena chahiye kaku ko 😈 my paku❤️

Kishori Ji is a very good actress she really played kaku's role very well.

Sonali & karishma both don't have much things to say but they show it through their expression what they r feeling.

Virat mostly emote through eyes 👀 & Neil is an awesome actors who can understand virat coz of Neil only. Neil made virat layers visible

Ayesha has improved a lot , she emote really well her scenes where she is angry who can see it in her body language not many actors can portray this. Her scenes with Neil r magic 

Aish ka samajh nhi aata ki vo kya feel karti hain bas yahi pata hai ki she keep repeating beizzati hui hai, unke expression kabhi nhi change hote vo har scene me ek rehte hain. I hope she makes improvement.

Pulkit ka bhi kuch samajh nhi aata mujhe 

Devi aka Mitali plays perfectly mentally unstable girl. She emote so well.

I like jagtap & Vittal mane also

Edited by Fruitcustard_9 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: AninditaB

Aishwarya as an actor is bland. Her reactions in inital days were on point. I totally loved when she played Pakhi Mohitepatil frankly even her breakdown scenes before marriage was good. But once she became Patralekha Salunkhe/Chavan,  she stopped acting. She started to give same expressions at different scenes and when she gave finally some expressions, the impactful scene turned to a meme material. She definitely needs to learn acting. Given said, her voice modulation tbh is better than Ayesha. 

^I think her initial acting was definitely better compared to what she is doing now. Her first few scenes with Neil didn't demand much acting - she just had to look pretty, smile and mouth a few dialogues. Her breakdown scenes, though underwhelming for me, at least conveyed what her character was feeling. Now, I feel like the actor herself doesn't know what her character is feeling.

Ayesha as an actress improved really good. From the initial days to today's episode, she had a tremendous improvement but yes, she needs to concentrate on her dialogue delivery and voice modulation. Sometimes it feels like she's just reciting the dialogues and the place where she needs to tone down, she shouts and some place where she needs to shout, she tones down. She need to look at that matter. Otherwise her acting in romantic scenes are on point. 

^I am definitely not saying that Ayesha has become as seasoned an actress to be compared to someone as versatile as Neil. I'm really liking her emotional, romantic and chirpy scenes. But yeah, her confrontation scenes, where she has to portray anger can go a bit OTT. And her dialogue delivery again, needs work. In today's episode in GC, when she's expressing her heartbreak and her determination to find her feet, her expression and her dialogue delivery were on point. But yeah, she too has a long way to go before we can call her a versatile or seasoned actress. But I do appreciate her because, when you are a newbie, holding your ground while acting opposite to someone as amazing as Neil can be difficult, and in this scenario, Ayesha doesn't disappoint.

And about Neil, his best performance obviously is not Virat Chavan ever! But as an actor he definitely convinces us to hate, be Angry, sympathise, love Virat. His minute expressions were always on point. Though being underwhelming in this serial, he never failed to deliver his best!!

^This man! What can we even say about him? I feel that the only reason we are giving multiple chances of redemption to Virat's character is because Neil is living and breathing this character.

Originally posted by: Svt611

I absolutely agree with you!!!

Honestly, I have never seen any of Neil's shows but I like him as Virat.. he portrays emotions very well...

As for Ayesha, the girl has improved leaps and bounds and we can all notice...

But what attracted me was pakhi's character because it was going to be interesting to watch this layered character as a negative lead.... she has so much potential but unfortunately, they cast the wrong person. Aishwarya fails to deliver in any scene whether it is happy scenes or anger or any other emotion. I don't compare her to sheetal ji, or kishori ji becuase they are seasoned but I compare her to sneha who is also very new but portrays karishma beautifully.....

The makers hit gold with the cast except for aishwarya... she has potential to improve but unfortunately spends her time picking up tiffs with fans rather than working on her acting... she cannot take criticism and her lack of acceptance for her character shows in her performance. A major letdown.....

Exactly! Though we all love SaiRat a lot, we cannot deny that Pakhi's character would have been very interesting to watch if the casting had been done right, or if Aishwarya put an effort into emoting properly. 

Even I agree that Sneha is also knew, but she is doing a good job. Even Ayesha is comparatively new and she's probably starred in one or two small roles with not much to do, but even if you don't start off as a pro, it is the effort that matters. Ayesha has worked hard to up her acting chops and it is reflecting on screen. Maybe by the time GHKPM ends, she might be one of those really good actresses in the ITV industry.

I wish Aishwarya would take in some constructive criticism and work on her acting chops.

Originally posted by: tinafans

As you have mentioned without bashing I would like to say Aishwarya definitely needs to work on her acting skills. She under performs and no one is there to say her this ,her offscreen content gives her more content than onscreen.

I feel recently Neil too got overboard with the scenes which requires pain,calmness and anger

There he was not as he should be,because he is onw of the finest actors who has done both positive and negative roles.

Regarding Ayesha ,whether you call it biasedness or so she stole the scenes whenever she is present not just because of the heavy dialogues because of minute change in expressions. 

Exactly! I think she focuses too much on promoting her offscreen personality and romance than working on her acting chops.

Regarding Neil, personally I never felt like he went overboard in any scene. He's doing really well with what he was given. In fact, I feel that the reason why we are still rooting for Virat's character somewhere, despite the butchering that has happened, is only because of Neil. 

And when it comes to Ayesha, when I watch her initial GC scenes and the present ones, I literally feel so proud! Because she has worked hard and come such a long way as an actress. She still has to work on her voice modulation and dialogue delivery, but as an actress, she has definitely improved by miles!

Originally posted by: Shristhi2002

Haan,even I agree here , as Neil and Ayesha make us both like them,love them and also we get dissappointed with them as Virat and Sai. But, for Pakhi, we only get irritated, not even sympathy if not love

Exactly! With Virat and Sai, we can actually feel what their characters are going through and we can react to everything that they because they emote so well. But with Pakhi, the audiences can hardly figure out what's going on with her character.

Shristhi2002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LadyWhistledown

Exactly! With Virat and Sai, we can actually feel what their characters are going through and we can react to everything that they because they emote so well. But with Pakhi, the audiences can hardly figure out what's going on with her character.

Ghum hai kisike acting mein🤣

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I completely agree. She was supposed to be a jilted lover, somebody who had to see the guy she's in love with fall in love again in front of her eyes. Literally, so much could have been done with this character. Of course, the foundation of VirKhi was so weak that nobody would've changed ships from SaiRat to VirKhi just because of Aishwarya's acting but we could've understood Pakhi more.

I am not a regular watcher of the show 'Imlie' but the character Malini there is stuck in a Patralekha situation- where the guy was hers first but is now losing him to an innocent 18-19 year old. The actress Mayuri Deshmukh is SO GOOD. You feel her anger and frustration and pain even if you ship Imlie with the male lead. Aishwarya doesn't have to look far, she just has to watch the show which airs after GHKPM and she will get great tips on how to play the 'other woman' with conviction.

Another thing with Aishwarya is the way she delivers her dialogues. It appears as though she has memorized everything and is reciting it in one breath. No modulation whatsoever.

Neil is phenomenal (although it has become a trend to bash his acting, I don't know why), Ayesha is improving brilliantly, especially this DevKit track saw her grow leaps and bounds as an actress. Her heartbreak, yet the sheer amount of self-respect she has, all came out perfectly in this track.