Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

Layered Character - Underwhelming Acting

LadyWhistledown thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello my fellow immatures!

It's a good day, with a good episode and some great performances. But I would like to talk about the one scene that was supposed to be so impactful, but it fell short, thanks to the acting. 

Yes, I am talking about the "Bhas Patralekha!" scene. But before I talk about the scene, let's talk about Pakhi as a character. She was not meant to be negative, definitely not. She's not your typical vamp who seeks revenge and is a total b**** for no good reason. Pakhi did have her reasons to become scornful and bitter, no matter how silly the reason seems to us. The character Pakhi was announced as a parallel lead, and not as a negative character. We, as audiences, were meant to sympathize with her, sometimes, even be annoyed with her, but never hate her. But, either due to the lousy writing or underwhelming acting or even both, the character has become unbearable to watch. 

Initially, when I started watching the show, though I never was convinced with the ViraKhi tragic story, I was intrigued by Pakhi as a character, especially after the SamRakhi and SaiRat marriage. She wasn't someone who was malicious or sadistic, who just enjoyed taunting people and watching them in pain. She was a girl who, according to herself, genuinely loved and got her heart broken. She was just a hurt woman who had lost, again, her perspective, "the love of her life". But, after SaiRat's reception, her character took a complete u-turn. And now, most people have trouble identifying her as a parallel lead and consider her one with the vamps.

And when it comes to the actress, Aishwarya, I don't understand if the actress herself is unable to understand her character and she doesn't know what to emote, or if she's just a bad actress. In scenes where her performance should have been actually impactful, it falls completely short. I feel like she has the same poker face in all her scenes, and when she's supposed to emote, her expressions are unreadable. 

In today's episode, when Virat says "Bhas Patralekha!", it is not just an impactful moment for Virat, but for Pakhi herself. Virat, who has addressed her as Pakhi throughout, lovingly (even as a friend), suddenly loses his calm and addresses her by her full name, showing how formal things had become between them, the reaction should have been hurt, disbelief, anger, sorrow and even indignance at being yelled at, and instead, we get this:

Like what even is this reaction? What is it that she wants to express? That too, while interacting with a strong player like Neil, her reaction came off as even more lukewarm than usual. In fact, Bhavani, Sonali and literally everyone else had a much better reaction to his outburst, when they were hardly involved.

Sonali looks far more taken aback and shocked with Virat's outburst than Patralekha herself is.

And Kaku seems more pained and hurt at Virat's response, as if it were her that Virat was telling off. 

I personally feel like Aishwarya should really up her acting game, especially if she's going to share the screen with a seasoned actor like Neil, whose eyes itself can do the talking without him having to say a word. 

In fact, though I loved Sai's character from the beginning, I really wasn't taken to Ayesha as an actress at all. I felt that her reaction to certain situations initially and her outbursts were too over-the-top and her sad scenes too underwhelming. But man, she did up her acting game, especially since the end of GC track. And now, she has given some tremendous scenes which make us root for her character even more. And now, even in those angst-y or other emotional scenes with Neil, even if she cannot match his level of finesse, she still holds her ground enough to make an impact. 

P.S. This post is not to bash any character or actor. These are just my views as an audience. I apologise if I've offended anyone with this post.

What do you guys think? Only healthy discussion guys, no bashing please.

Love,

Niya🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shristhi2002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: LadyWhistledown

Hello my fellow immatures!

It's a good day, with a good episode and some great performances. But I would like to talk about the one scene that was supposed to be so impactful, but it fell short, thanks to the acting. 

Yes, I am talking about the "Bhas Patralekha!" scene. But before I talk about the scene, let's talk about Pakhi as a character. She was not meant to be negative, definitely not. She's not your typical vamp who seeks revenge and is a total b**** for no good reason. Pakhi did have her reasons to become scornful and bitter, no matter how silly the reason seems to us. The character Pakhi was announced as a parallel lead, and not as a negative character. We, as audiences, were meant to sympathize with her, sometimes, even be annoyed with her, but never hate her. But, either due to the lousy writing or underwhelming acting or even both, the character has become unbearable to watch. 

Initially, when I started watching the show, though I never was convinced with the ViraKhi tragic story, I was intrigued by Pakhi as a character, especially after the SamRakhi and SaiRat marriage. She wasn't someone who was malicious or sadistic, who just enjoyed taunting people and watching them in pain. She was a girl who, according to herself, genuinely loved and got her heart broken. She was just a hurt woman who had lost, again, her perspective, "the love of her life". But, after SaiRat's reception, her character took a complete u-turn. And now, most people have trouble identifying her as a parallel lead and consider her one with the vamps.

And when it comes to the actress, Aishwarya, I don't understand if the actress herself is unable to understand her character and she doesn't know what to emote, or if she's just a bad actress. In scenes where her performance should have been actually impactful, it falls completely short. I feel like she has the same poker face in all her scenes, and when she's supposed to emote, her expressions are unreadable. 

In today's episode, when Virat says "Bhas Patralekha!", it is not just an impactful moment for Virat, but for Pakhi herself. Virat, who has addressed her as Pakhi throughout, lovingly (even as a friend), suddenly loses his calm and addresses her by her full name, showing how formal things had become between them, the reaction should have been hurt, disbelief, anger, sorrow and even indignance at being yelled at, and instead, we get this:

Like what even is this reaction? What is it that she wants to express? That too, while interacting with a strong player like Neil, her reaction came off as even more lukewarm than usual. In fact, Bhavani, Sonali and literally everyone else had a much better reaction to his outburst, when they were hardly involved.

Sonali looks far more taken aback and shocked with Virat's outburst than Patralekha herself is.

And Kaku seems more pained and hurt at Virat's response, as if it were her that Virat was telling off. 

I personally feel like Aishwarya should really up her acting game, especially if she's going to share the screen with a seasoned actor like Neil, whose eyes itself can do the talking without him having to say a word. 

In fact, though I loved Sai's character from the beginning, I really wasn't taken to Ayesha as an actress at all. I felt that her reaction to certain situations initially and her outbursts were too over-the-top and her sad scenes too underwhelming. But man, she did up her acting game, especially since the end of GC track. And now, she has given some tremendous scenes which make us root for her character even more. And now, even in those angst-y or other emotional scenes with Neil, even if she cannot match his level of finesse, she still holds her ground enough to make an impact. 

P.S. This post is not to bash any character or actor. These are just my views as an audience. I apologise if I've offended anyone with this post.

What do you guys think? Only healthy discussion guys, no bashing please.

Love,

Niya🤗

Exactly dear, I said on another post,she was like this,

" patralekha,koun Patralekha, Pakhi hu mein,who on earth is Patralekha"😆

neeya07 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Bang on post!! By adding pictures you have clearly highlighted the difference in the expressions of 3 characters in the same scene. Bhavani and Sonali's expressions are so apt and suit the situation so well. On the other hand, the person who was supposed to give the best expression in this particular scene, miserably failed to make an impact. I so wish we had a better actor portraying this layered character. Anyway, I just hope she ups her acting game now and does better work at least now. Great post. Thanks for this one!! 

Lots of love, 

Neeya❤❤

Ps: We share the same pen name😂😂 The only difference is that we both spell it differently. Anyway, really enjoyed reading your post🤗🥰

Edited by neeya07 - 3 years ago
404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Well, articulated and the gifs made it easier to relate to the post. I was thinking about this sometime back and I was trying to remember when was the last time I have analyzed an actor’s expression so closely. I don't remember feeling so disconnected either because I watched the show with decent actors or maybe the nature of the show makes it more evident . In this show, there is a lot of dramatic confrontation, and every time the camera pans on Pakhi we are wondering what the character is going through as we hardly can make out from her expressions. I have seen the initial episodes and Aishwarya was good at enacting the romantic scenes with Neil. I don't want to compare Sairat chemistry but her reactions to Virat’s flirting/adavances  were on point. She has a long way to go as an actor. I hope she works on it and I wonder why doesn't she take help from her fiance who happens to be a good actor 

Coming to Ayesha, she has improved tremendously but I find her confrontation scenes to be OTT. A recent example, when Sai forwards her hand to Virat to throw her out on the streets during their confrontation I felt it was OTT. She has come a long way and she holds her ground in front of Neil. I found her to be very good at romantic scenes. She gives the right kind of expression. I hope she improves in confrontation scenes. 

Coming to Neil, apart from few scenes I have always seen him enact Virat flawlessly in fact he conveys a lot through his eyes, facial expressions more than the actors with lengthy dialogues. The only young actor of the show who can give Neil competition is Siddhart ( Jagtap ). 

Off late I am finding the actor playing Ashwini to be overacting. I don't know if she is trying to portray Ashwini as someone restless and impatient. 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 3 years ago
nethraa_99 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

You are absolutely right. Aishwarya is the only weak link in the brilliant cast.

Wish the writing had been able to do justice to their talent. 

As for Ayesha and Neil, I might be in the minority who finds Ayesha slightly better than Neil. Ayesha seems to be a more natural actor especially in emotional scenes. She also seems more consistent which may be because Sai is written much much better than Virat and also Virat's character is complex - so very difficult to play. But I love both the actors ❤️. 

Edited by nethraa_99 - 3 years ago
AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Aishwarya as an actor is bland. Her reactions in inital days were on point. I totally loved when she played Pakhi Mohitepatil frankly even her breakdown scenes before marriage was good. But once she became Patralekha Salunkhe/Chavan,  she stopped acting. She started to give same expressions at different scenes and when she gave finally some expressions, the impactful scene turned to a meme material. She definitely needs to learn acting. Given said, her voice modulation tbh is better than Ayesha. 

Ayesha as an actress improved really good. From the initial days to today's episode, she had a tremendous improvement but yes, she needs to concentrate on her dialogue delivery and voice modulation. Sometimes it feels like she's just reciting the dialogues and the place where she needs to tone down, she shouts and some place where she needs to shout, she tones down. She need to look at that matter. Otherwise her acting in romantic scenes are on point. 

And about Neil, his best performance obviously is not Virat Chavan ever! But as an actor he definitely convinces us to hate, be Angry, sympathise, love Virat. His minute expressions were always on point. Though being underwhelming in this serial, he never failed to deliver his best!!

This content was originally posted by: Shristhi2002

Exactly dear, I said on another post,she was like this,

" patralekha,koun Patralekha, Pakhi hu mein,who on earth is Patralekha"😆

Exactly! 

I felt like she was thinking "Why is this Virat unnecessarily shouting at some Patralekha when I want to hear him badmouth Sai?"🤣

This content was originally posted by: neeya07

Bang on post!! By adding pictures you have clearly highlighted the difference in the expressions of 3 characters in the same scene. Bhavani and Sonali's expressions are so apt and suit the situation so well. On the other hand, the person who was supposed to give the best expression in this particular scene, miserably failed to make an impact. I so wish we had a better actor portraying this layered character. Anyway, I just hope she ups her acting game now and does better work at least now. Great post. Thanks for this one!! 

Lots of love, 

Neeya❤❤

Ps: We share the same pen name😂😂 The only difference is that we both spell it differently. Anyway, really enjoyed reading your post🤗🥰

Even I wish that there was a better actor portraying Pakhi's role, it would have definitely been more impactful. Even in future, if there comes a scene where I'm supposed to sympathise with her, I won't be able to if she has this bland look on her face!

P.S. Omg! Yes! We are pen name twins here😆 

Svt611 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

I absolutely agree with you!!!

Honestly, I have never seen any of Neil's shows but I like him as Virat.. he portrays emotions very well...

As for Ayesha, the girl has improved leaps and bounds and we can all notice...

But what attracted me was pakhi's character because it was going to be interesting to watch this layered character as a negative lead.... she has so much potential but unfortunately, they cast the wrong person. Aishwarya fails to deliver in any scene whether it is happy scenes or anger or any other emotion. I don't compare her to sheetal ji, or kishori ji becuase they are seasoned but I compare her to sneha who is also very new but portrays karishma beautifully.....

The makers hit gold with the cast except for aishwarya... she has potential to improve but unfortunately spends her time picking up tiffs with fans rather than working on her acting... she cannot take criticism and her lack of acceptance for her character shows in her performance. A major letdown.....

tina2711 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

As you have mentioned without bashing I would like to say Aishwarya definitely needs to work on her acting skills. She under performs and no one is there to say her this ,her offscreen content gives her more content than onscreen.

I feel recently Neil too got overboard with the scenes which requires pain,calmness and anger

There he was not as he should be,because he is onw of the finest actors who has done both positive and negative roles.

Regarding Ayesha ,whether you call it biasedness or so she stole the scenes whenever she is present not just because of the heavy dialogues because of minute change in expressions.