Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I dug out Arunita's performance with Sawai and HR and I want to give another shout out to her. She was performing with two guys with such loud, powerful voices, yet she made her mark without losing integrity with her music. Even during the facebook live, when they were all singing as a group, Arunita's voice could be heard over seven of the guys. 

Also, this just made me realize, we now have three girls to seven guys in the show. What a skewed ratio. 

pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

First - Pawandeep + Neha + Nihal - Pawandeep rocked all the performances 👏... loved how he started "Naina .... wish he had sung the whole song solo!"

Neha was a distraction in the first two songs 👎🏼, last song she was fine. Nihal was good, his voice quality is really nice, but if only he can sing better, he would sound so much better. But he did good too.

Danish + HR + Anjali - loved the starting of the performance - danish singing and Anjali aalap ... till Danish spoiled it with his loud long aaaaaa (hate why he has to do that in each song, insert unnecessary sections) .... and because they did not give Anjali anything to sing other than her alaps!

But hey why the heck was Danish/HR singing almost all portions and gave only alaps and few lines to Anjali smiley7😡 So unfair to Anjali. 

HR and his left hand movement!!! 🤣 ..... ok ok everyone has a style but this cracks me up everytime! He was the worst in the group! 🤣  (because Danish sang better and Anjali did not sing! )

Nachiket + Vishal + SMP - First thing I felt was "Poor Nachiket 😭!!! Why this group! " with SMP and Vishal  ........ and then it became even clear he was just the Chorus like Anjali in previous performance. It was SMP + Vishal as main singers! HATE this performance because of this BIAS! I don't like Vishal or SMP anyway! Tolerated only because Nachiket was in it, else would have fast forwarded. SMP screwed up all the songs specially the last song "balam pachkari" Vishal acting like he never gets change to sing and dominate Nachiket or the sound man lowered his mic sound or what?

I appreciate Neha after these two that both Pawandeep and Nihal had equal lines in their performances unlike HR and Vishal! 😡

Ashish + Neha + Sayali - Neha messed up again the saki saki song! 🤣 and they all messed it up! The sur was going all over the place! 🤣 I blame Neha for this contribution 😆 ........ well they seem to get it together as saki saki ended though. 

Mast mast was good, Sayali sounded better than Neha actually. Third song was ok.

I like that the song was equally distributed among all singers! Kudoos to Neha's both groups for that! 👏

Arunita + HR + Sawai - "Teri meri" starting was good, but the antara portion was bad, Arunita too did not do a good job there. 

2nd song was good! Nice to hear Arunita in this style, she can sing this genre as well!  was brilliant. Sawai seemed like he got sideleined in the 2nd song. Seems like they cut off one song from this performance. 

Edited by pritirays - 3 years ago
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

Is anyone else bothered by how much HR moves his other hand when he singing? I cannot focus on anything else except his hand that seems to be having a seizure. Even my dad jokes about it so much.

EXACTLY! 🤣 I was hoping someone else will also comment on this ......@ "having a seizure" 🤣

mickymouse21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Karkerrna3

Don't like how danish uses other contestants to get views in YouTube. 

Mostly he uses pawandeep or Arunita's name.

Also that OMG like some other youtubers who use OMG to grab the viewer's attention.

Even in one of the video there's Himesh or neha's edited picture with tears which as looking like a big water drop

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Today’s episode was one of the worst in the history of Indian Idol. Not one person sang exceptionally well.

I can’t even review performances like I normally do, because in many cases certain contestants barely sang, and judging them basis that would not be right.

Anjali and Nachiket were given a raw deal - they barely got any parts to show their talent. Danish and SMP got the meaty parts and Himesh and Vishal sang the rest. 

I really wanted to hear more of Anjali, this was so different from what she usually does. This could have proven her versatility but it wasn’t meant to be. 

I have new found respect for Neha, atleast she accepted Sayli sounded better than her. And she deserves credit for letting her singers showcase their talent and not hog all the limelight. Himesh and Vishal sang more than their team, Vishal more so.

These kind of songs were out of most people comfort zones and you could tell that singers who usually are rated highly - Pawandeep, Arunita, Sayli were a shadow of themselves. 

Ashish did fairly well, and Nihal has improved over the weeks. I reserve my comments for SMP, she was paired with Nachiket and I was annoyed she sang so much while he was almost only singing chorus. I’d probably be very harsh on SMP.

BTW, Himesh actually said that he rated Pawandeep a 10 as soon as he started singing! Infact except for the start, Pawandeep wasn’t even good today. Surprisingly at times Nihal sounded better than him! 

I actually don’t mind Nachiket leaving tomorrow anymore. Better exit than get insulted every week (by being in the bottom 5, comments not given/aired, not treated fairly/at par). It’s kind of obvious that their favourites can do no wrong. 

Aditi_X thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

I actually don’t mind Nachiket leaving tomorrow anymore. Better exit than get insulted every week (by being in the bottom 5, comments not given/aired, not treated fairly/at par). It’s kind of obvious that their favourites can do no wrong. 

I'm starting to think this as well. Sireesha leaving was heartbreaking but she is doing well for herself even after getting eliminated. She's recorded a song for AR Rahman, and I think she's been doing other regional projects as well. Maybe if Nachiket leaves, then he can have a chance to focus on other work and go somewhere his talent is genuinely appreciated. 

This is partially why I don't want them to skip elimination tomorrow. It feels like deliberately prolonging the inevitable pain. Might as well get it over with so we can all move on.

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

After today's Facebook live I guess it seems either there is no elimination or May be SMP out of the show for some reason as she is not in that( I would be surprised if she gets eliminated anyway).

Aditi_X thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

After today's Facebook live I guess it seems either there is no elimination or May be SMP out of the show for some reason as she is not in that( I would be surprised if she gets eliminated anyway).

She wasn't in the facebook live because she was busy practicing for her next performance. Ashish clarified that at the beginning. She hasn't been in the bottom 5 ever, and she is every judge's favorite. It would make no sense that she leaves. 

Aditi_X thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahilkapur18

3 judges are like 3 idiots imo

My dad said something on the same lines. He literally called today's episode "noise" rather than "music." 

I think they shouldn't have had three people singing together. These people did not know how to distribute the songs equally to each singer (especially Himesh and Vishal). If they wanted judges to be performing, it should have been in duets with the contestants. At least that way, each contestant could sing substantial parts of the songs. 

Even better, they could have done this later in the show when there were fewer contestants. Today was a perfect day to choose a theme (classical, qawalli, retro, disco/party, ghazal) for contestants to perform to, if they didn't have any guests to bring on set. 

And for the love of god, they need to stop calling these three judges "legends!" They are not legends in any way. Sure, they are talented and they've done substantial work, but nothing legendary or historic.

Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Kalyanji-Anandji, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle, RD Burman, Geeta Dutt, Hemant Kumar, Mohammad Rafi -- these are legends.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

She wasn't in the facebook live because she was busy practicing for her next performance. Ashish clarified that at the beginning. She hasn't been in the bottom 5 ever, and she is every judge's favorite. It would make no sense that she leaves. 

I doubt she will leave anytime soon. Infact I don’t think she’ll leave at all. She will reach the finals and lose there. Because the winner will be chosen basis audience votes.