I'll Be Needing Stitches [VashMay x Radha x AmDheer OS]

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello folks! Tannu here. Writing my third OS on this forum 🥺

This time it features the Fab 5 with Uday in the midst, and their relationships with him, because I TRULY believe they are ALL TOGETHER the heart, soul and spirit of KUDCA 💔 

The title is from a Shawn Mendes song that I love a lot ~ Stitches 🥺

I'm a sucker for angst songs, incase that was not obvious 🥺

This story is to remind us that sometimes just someone being next to you matters so much that you can simply heal by their presence 🥺

Hope you like it. Would appreciate any criticism and/or feedback ☯️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radha, she usually wasn't one for stuff she found in newspapers, because she wasn't sure it was entirely true unless it came from someone with outstanding calibre or if she tests it for herself. But seeing her Puttarji—the best one she had ever had, too—writhing on the ground like a broken puppy, she had to call for drastic measures before he was taken to Dr. Baig. Sure, Dr. Baig would likely stitch him up somehow so he wasn't in complete agonising pain, but that wouldn't be for awhile. Someone from the medical staff had been sent to actually come to his aid, first, and all Radha and Randheer, who had helped carry Uday to this part of the field, could do is to tap their feet impatiently waiting for them.

"Randheer!" Amrit screamed as Randheer's attention snapped towards his brunette beauty. She was leaned over Uday, inspecting his injuries carefully, completely ignoring the big bulge on his right leg. “Veerji, are you okay?” Uday merely nodded but continued to wince in pain. Right where the bone was sticking out. "Is there anything you can do to help Veerji?" she looked up to Randheer and begged for an answer.

Uday was good at hockey, you know, like really good. 25 hockey medals only when he was barely touching twenty this year, even his Bauji should have been proud. Which, of course, always granted the possibility of an injury. Nothing more before, luckily, other than a few sprained wrists and a lot of concussions. But—this—this was disgusting. The bone was poking out of his skin in ways a bone shouldn't poke out. 

Randheer was struggling to look at the face of his best friend, surely he was in immense pain. People bustled about and were huddled around the star athlete. The coach was more concerned with losing his best player rather than his health. When was this city going to get people that actually cared for their team as humans and not medal-winning champions?, Uday wondered.

Radha was to his right, trying to console Uday like a mother by saying “All will be better soon”, but she was so pale herself, that she was unable to figure out if her presence was even helping. Amrit was singing the lullaby that her mother used to sing when they were children, in attempt to calm him down. 

"Okay," Radha suddenly said, rubbing her hands together. "I think I have an idea to reduce the pain. Where's Vashma?" Amrit rubbed her temples slightly, thinking of the location of her bestfriend. "I think she ran off to get some water for Uday, but what does the location of Vashma have to do with Uday Veerji being in immense, horrible, excruciating, awful—"

"I'm here too, you know,"
the boy with the grossly broken leg grunted. 

"—pain?" she finished with a tight-lipped smile, looking sadly at him. 

The colour was now draining out of Uday's eyes. "Uday, please can I tell Bauji and get the Sahani family here? We can carry you back somehow if there are two men on either side.", Randheer stated.
"Don’t I look perfectly okay? Have I not asked you specifically not to tell Tayaji and everyone yet? You are my best Jiju, dont disappoint me na?" he asked him right back, and then groaning in pain as someone shifted his severely broken calf. Agh, they couldn't stand this. First the blood, then Uday being in pain. Someone needed to come up with something quick!

Radha breathed out heavily, and ran her fingers through her hair. "Does anybody have a picture of Vashma?" I need a picture of her," she insisted. Amrit shot her a look of confusion, but threw Radha her locket, which had a flattering picture of her best friend alongside hers. "Will this do?" she asked curiously.

Radha nodded, giving the beautiful picture to Randheer, who was sitting on the ground now close enough to inspect the wrangling knee bone. He gently handed it to Uday, who was all but now a grunting player on the grass. Randheer was getting a little worried now, because his boy was still looking bad.Where were the medical staff when you needed them? Dr. Baig did say they would be helping to take Uday to the nearby clinic. Randheer huffed and left to get his car, maybe if it was going to take so much time, but it was best for him to atleast do that much than to see Uday possibly become even weaker. 

"I'm not sure this is going to work, I read it in a story by Ranjhan. Which, really, isn't the most reliable— but do you feel less pain?", Radha asked her Puttarji, looking at him curiously. "By looking at a picture of Vashma?" Uday seethed. "What is that supposed to mean? Do fiery people make you feel less pain? Get that referee over here, then, why do I need to look at a picture of Vashma?"

Radha cleared her throat awkwardly, threading her hands together. She knew a picture of Uday’s Beeji would work, but that was not possible in the present circumstances. “The—the story said that looking at a picture of a loved one reduces pain by 44%! I don't know if that's true, Vashma isn't around, so I figured that looking at a picture of her would relieve some pain."

"What?!"
Uday screamed. "I don't—I don't love Vashma! I mean I do, but I'm not in love with her so much that a picture will magically just heal me of all of my injuries," Amrit gave him an expectant look, as if he wasn't fooling anyone. Radha interjected - “Let's hope this works, or you'll be in this kind of pain for at least the next five minutes."

Suddenly, a loud voice erupted from outside the crowd and the crowd of people parted like the Raavi river, letting a quick and smart girl through with a clear water bottle. "Hiya, Jhalle," she said, looking curiously at the locket Uday held in his hand. "What's this?" she asked him, picking it out of his hand.
"Nothing," he quickly said, and made a gesture to Amrit to ensure Radha did not say anything, when she was handing it back to Amrit. It was visible how much Uday softened when he saw Vashma in the flesh, his grimace of pain clearly giving up a little bit. "Were you actually checking me out in the locket? You know you have me for real, right?" That made him laugh in a way that noone possibly could think of in that moment. 

"Yes, Uday Kishore Sahani and Vashma Baig can never be apart. Now our families have also agreed for us to be together." "Hope you never forget that, my Bholu Bhandari." "Yes, now can you please just give me the water? I know you love pranks, but this is not exactly my best form, right? I'm tired now." he breathed out, completely ignoring everyone else around them—or rather, forgetting about them.

She smiled widely, handing him the water bottle. She gently touched his leg where the bone had come out and seemed to be checking for any clear indications of whether it could be fixed back or not. "You only look a bit out of shape, I think you can make it through some more time" she stated bluntly with a soft smile."You could tell, without a degree or experience like your dad?" "Haha, very funny. You do know since I live with him 24x7, I am also a healer too, right? So you will heal only in my presence. I have that aura in me." she joked, holding his chin up so he could sip down the cool water. He blushed red at that statement, and it was more than evident to the others what she said was true, but they also uncomfortably looked away to give the two their moment. Not like both of them noticed, because they seemed to be lost in their own world right now. 

"Well, at least when Dr. Baig stitches me up, the scars will look cool. I could say I'm a war hero or something." "That's what gets all the girls, even your darling Noorie will be so glad to sign your plaster," she smiled widely, "Yes, but I only care what ONE girl thinks of me", saying so he made a feeble attempt to move his sweaty hair out of his eyes to see his Vashma better, but she caught on the gesture and did him the honours herself.

Finally, when the medical staff came, they said only one person could ride in their van with Uday. Randheer seemed to be stuck while coming back, and Amrit insisted Vashma first, before anyone could protest. Uday shot her an annoyed look, but Vashma was merely confused why Radha/Amrit did not go instead; however, it did seem like the best way to get Uday through a bumpy ride with a broken leg.

Uday did indeed heal in 3 months just because Vashma was with him. The story was 100% accurate, and Radha and AmDheer could not help but smile at it actually coming true. 

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago
Such a Soothing & Healing OS 💖 Loved it 💯

Originally posted by ujwal_v

Aww cute vashmay❤️

Thanks for reading ❤️

Thanks for reading smiley27

Originally posted by Memorable_ERA

Such a Soothing & Healing OS 💖Loved it 💯

Thanks for reading smiley27

Amazing ❤️ Thanks a lot... Just loved it  This has come as a soothing drizzle in our thirsty desert. ✨

Edited by Aster.99 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Aster.99

Amazing ❤️ Thanks a lot... Just loved it  This has come as a soothing drizzle in our thirsty desert. ✨

Thanks for reading ❤️

Originally posted by Muskanika

This was fun to read

Thanks for reading 💕