Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hema Malini is beautiful and still looks so good.

In those days, the society as well as rich khandani families looked down upon actresses to be considered as "bahu". So the option left was men from BW only. Dharmendra was handsome and top star during that time, and may be thought she will he always be bestowed with her. But sadly that didn't happen. There might be regret and that's why she married off her daughters when their careers weren't rising up. 

She is a politician and doing well. She performs classical dances also so that keeps her busy.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Her case has always intrigued me.. I don't sympathize with her, for sure.. But I don't get her either.. I actually don't get Dharmender's first wife either.. Ironically, amidst all this, it's actually the guy who got away scot free😆 he literally got the best of both worlds but it's mostly the women who confuse me

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

the worst part of the story is that Dharmendra's son Sunny to treaded the same path. apple din fall far from the tree😡

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I find it sick that they made mockery out of both Hindu and Islam religion for the sake of their illicit affair . Both are accountable and no you can’t give me the reason of “love is complicated “.

Dharmendra didn’t have the balls to break his marriage , rather decided to manipulate laws for the saw of his polygamy . Sick

And Hema was obviously wrong in not only getting involved with a married man but to marry him in presence of his first wife . What kind of twisted love is this where there’s no involvement of a single brain cell ?

I read somewhere Hema saying she didn’t want to snatch Dharmendra from his family (wife and children ) , so her solution was not the obvious to leave the guy but to change her religion and continue having the affair . Mazak bana rakha hain .

Edited by LilBitOfAlexis - 3 years ago
SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: beena_jon

the worst part of the story is that Dharmendra's son Sunny to treaded the same path. apple din fall far from the tree😡

Oh nooo that's awful..I feel sorry for sunny's wife.

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Dharam married Hema as second wife. Saleem Khan married Helen. Sunny didnt marry Dimple but she was and still is in a relationship with him. Rajesh Khanna continued with Anju Mahendru while he was married to Dimple. Dilip Kumar Kishore Kumar Raj Kapoor Shatrughan Sinha, Amir Khan, list is endless.

Difference between them and current generation is that first of all men and wome are getting married late and many dont bother to get married at all like Salman or Sushmita sen if they dont want to commit

Second the stigma attached to being divorced or being a single man or woman is no longer there.

Adultery still happens, but women and men are now able to walk away from cheating partners.

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hema's case was very peculiar. She had unmarried top stars like Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kumar asking for her hand in marriage yet at the end she chose a married man with 5 kids. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Melissaa

Hema's case was very peculiar. She had unmarried top stars like Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kumar asking for her hand in marriage yet at the end she chose a married man with 5 kids. 

And I heard her mother lined up grooms like Girish Karnad, cricketer S. Vengataraghavan...

Don’t know how accurate the info is.

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

From what my mom tells me bc as a teen she was so invested in this. They had a ton of movies together back to back and fell in love. He was already married but he still tried getting with her but she did initially try to stay away from it. And she also didn't have a problem marrying Sanjeev Kumar, but her mother didn't want her too quite yet. I Eventually, she did fall Dharmendra and sort of expected whatever the circumstances were. I do think, if her mom didn't make her wait then she would have jsut married Sanjeev and never had fallen for Dharmendra. And she was ok being the other woman as long as she had some part of him.

I know a lot of girls back then were ok with that kind of an arrangement, but I think it's crazy. To think, single men like Jeetendra and Sanjeev Kumar were ready to marry her and she still chose a life with a married man. She def regrets it based on internviews now, but it's too late.

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

And I heard her mother lined up grooms like Girish Karnad, cricketer S. Vengataraghavan...

Don’t know how accurate the info is.

Could be true. I remember in one interview where  Hema said she gave her parent's  an ultimatum that she will only marry someone else if they could find her groom just like Dharmendra. According to her they could not find someone like Darmedra so she eventually married him. She always had a crush on him from the day she first met him, she always said.

Hema  in her  biography mentioned that her mother agreed to get her married off to Jeetandra in the hopes to quash her relationship with Dharam. It is just that Daram crashed the wedding and convinced her to call off the wedding with Shobha at his tow.