Namak Ishq Ka

Why the gaudy costume ?

kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

So gimmicky and jarring! And such a departure from the generally lovely and realistic wardrobe shown so far. Why was Kahaani all of a sudden in such attire ? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

They have shown what was advertised but didn't plan beyond that. I think they don't know where to go from here. 

Characters are "changing" like Iravati has been toned down. Bhabhi Maa gives mixed vibes - with her attitude towards her own marriage, can't understand why Yug is even bothering to save it. Kahani is all over the place - mere bhai-behen, mere baba, mera dost. 

Only Yug has been consistent so far.😊

ItsmeZoe thumbnail

I think they want to show how a nachnay wali looks after getting married. Its totally not relatable. Nachnay wali are humans too. Kahani was never the flashy dress kinda girl nor does she have a colorful personality. Her plain sari look in the haldi rasam and her ghagra choli look at time of Grah Pravesh was soooooo good. I wish wohi look rakhdetay. She seriously looks like a bazaro aurat with this dressing. It’s not capturing her innocent look and nature. 

JalebiJane thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: kukuraja

So gimmicky and jarring! And such a departure from the generally lovely and realistic wardrobe shown so far. Why was Kahaani all of a sudden in such attire ? 

They often give the FL a style change after wedding but I agree with you---I don't enjoy Kahani's new costumes. Ms Sharma has such a willowy figure---these sarees and jewellery weigh her down.

JalebiJane thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ItsmeZoe

I think they want to show how a nachnay wali looks after getting married. Its totally not relatable. Nachnay wali are humans too. Kahani was never the flashy dress kinda girl nor does she have a colorful personality. Her plain sari look in the haldi rasam and her ghagra choli look at time of Grah Pravesh was soooooo good. I wish wohi look rakhdetay. She seriously looks like a bazaro aurat with this dressing. It’s not capturing her innocent look and nature. 

Yes! I loved her costume in the pre-haldi scene when Yug enters the room to warn her that she is not to come down for the haldi rasam until she is called to dance. [When her pallu falls___!]

It was an elegant, understated look that suits Ms Sharma's frame. She's a beautiful woman and requires very little ornamentation. Also, in terms of characterization, I think it's important to give her an appearance that is her own. She is not Iravati; not Gunjan, not Rupa.